MLB Gameday Thread

Kccitystar

It's DAY 1 of the MLB season, gang.

We've got a handful of games today, and I wanted to make a thread where we can talk baseball all season long with play by play:

Here's a guide to Opening Day:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-2018-opening-day-games-and-schedule-guide/c-269482334

First and foremost if you are a new fan, or you're getting back into the swing of things (pun intended) after the offseason, you must remember the golden rule: you don't really need to watch every game. Many football fans, and even some basketball and hockey fans, find this to be a challenge. They're used to setting aside a few nights a week to watch their team, and they can watch all the games. Baseball isn't like that. For the next six months, your team will only have 21 days where they won't be playing a game. And some of the games they play will start as early as 11am, others will end after 1am. If you miss a game it's okay, odds are there's another one tomorrow. If you miss a week, no big deal, hell if you get busy for a few months and aren't able to watch your team, that's not an issue, because you can still follow your team.

Which reminds me. Baseball is a game to be followed. In the old days, probably with your dad, it meant picking up the morning paper and checking the box scores. Now it means being able to have a final score texted/tweeted/messaged/emailed/what-evered to you the minute the game ends, or rolling over in bed when you can't sleep and grabbing your phone to check the West Coast scores. It means being able to check ESPN in the morning to see any breaking news from across the league, or catch a story you missed. We live in a time where you can go to MLB.com and get a recap of every game from last night in less than 10 minutes. Honestly, baseball was made to be consumed, and the technology age makes it easier than ever, whether you want to spend hours every day pouring over stats and analysis, or 15 seconds to see how your team and their playoff rivals did today.

There's lots of good stories and matchups today to start the season.

giphy.gif

That said, let's PLAY BALL!

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea and let's keep this going. :)

The TIgers game in Detroit has already been cancelled. The first game on the slate today is the Cubs at Miami at 12:40 EST. Then the Mets soon after. I want to see if they play that one.

MLB TV is ready for a season's-long love affair.

Yankees in Toronto at 3:37 p.m. I am not saying a word until Gary Sanchez has his first passed ball. That should happen by the third inning. Then all bets are off.

Got to leave right now, going to go and get a sandwich so I can be ready for the games. Ham, cheese, tomato, light mayo. You can't go wrong.

35 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Great idea and let's keep this going. :)

The TIgers game in Detroit has already been cancelled. The first game on the slate today is the Cubs at Miami at 12:40 EST. Then the Mets soon after. I want to see if they play that one.

MLB TV is ready for a season's-long love affair.

Yankees in Toronto at 3:37 p.m. I am not saying a word until Gary Sanchez has his first passed ball. That should happen by the third inning. Then all bets are off.

Got to leave right now, going to go and get a sandwich so I can be ready for the games. Ham, cheese, tomato, light mayo. You can't go wrong.

Pick one up for me Y4L, but hold the mayo       :lol:

Felipe Rivero pitching like Delin Betances here in Detroit. Meaning that he was wild and was walking everyone. Get lost, you're out of the game.

2018-03-30_165746.thumb.jpg.5e5fc08c44c5be67ea1628f149242c49.jpg

Man it has to be cold in Detroit.

2018-03-30_170042.thumb.jpg.49bb74c16845ddccb398a6380d25056d.jpg

Dixon Machado ties the game for the Tigers. 10 - 10 and we are going to the tenth inning.

2018-03-30_170149.thumb.jpg.9c2cf6e10f6258873ac9f4033ed79585.jpg