MLB Gameday Thread

Kccitystar

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say that yes, I'm aware of the ongoing allegations against Trevor Bauer. Given the details that will likely come out in the coming days, if he never wears another baseball uniform again, I will not miss seeing him on the mound. An absolute monster outside of the sport.

15 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

4 walks, a hit batsman and Ohtani can’t make it out of the first inning??!! :o

KC - I’m sure you weren’t expecting that when you got to the ballpark tonight!

Man it is too hot here to formulate an opinion 😰

3 hours ago, stealth2920 said:

I think Ohtani should stick to hitting.  I haven't followed him except in here, but is he actually a pitcher?

Prior to tonight, he had the 3rd best WHIP on the Angels and the best amongst their starters.  And he throws 6 different pitch types and has been known to be in the upper 90's with his FB.

Ya, I think he's actually a pitcher.

Capture.thumb.JPG.0bd02d2015e0e4817e1dd3c2e4ee2a3d.JPG

Capture2.thumb.JPG.43565a98b888e68e3b2048e74bb6f3d2.JPG

3 hours ago, stealth2920 said:

Guess like any other pitcher he must have been off last night.  Maybe the heat.

And in the end, it didn’t matter since the Angels scored 7 runs in the 9th to win the game 11-8.   That was brutal. I hope KC didn’t stay at the game until after 1 a.m. to watch the bullpen meltdown. 

After the late game, they now have to play again today at 1:05 p.m.  Let’s see if the Yankees can shake off the loss. 

35 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

And in the end, it didn’t matter since the Angels scored 7 runs in the 9th to win the game 11-8.   That was brutal. I hope KC didn’t stay at the game until after 1 a.m. to watch the bullpen meltdown. 

After the late game, they now have to play again today at 1:05 p.m.  Let’s see if the Yankees can shake off the loss. 

You underestimate my dedication!

I watch games I attend to completion, or at least until I'm out of chicken tenders and fries for the game. In this case, it was way too hot/humid and post-rain delay it was really sticky weather. I figured I'd go through all that to see the team seal a win, but we knew they'd lose considering they only scored 1 run after tagging Ohtani for 7 in the first.

It's supposed to rain today so I'm not sure if that 1:05 game will even be played.

And I know he was responsible for the runners, but Ohtani doesn't get nailed for 7 runs if Slegers would've done his job.  Although LeMahieu is very clutch, though that poke down the 1st base line was a bit lucky.  Ohtani will rebound I'm sure.

In the meantime, remains "fun" listening to Phillies broadcasts.  Here, let me give you an example of the whimsical Tom McCarthy first.  McCutchen fades back to try to play a ball hit off the top of the fence and on the replay, McCarthy is commenting on whether he lost his earring or not.  No, that's not a typo.  Couple that with John Kruk who you can actually hear moaning during dribbler hits by the Marlins ... actually moaning as the ball is in play.  These are professional broadcasters, people.

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

Kind of seems to me that the Yankees are trying to find the next Mike Tauchman. That's all well and good but did they need another right-handed hitter?

They did need someone that wasn't a 37 year old Brett Gardner out in CF though

8 hours ago, Ritchie said:

And Locastro is going to make this team/lineup better?  C'mon, Cashman....

To be honest it gives us some level of depth considering we now have one of the fastest guys in baseball that can cover CF instead of Gardner (see above) and he can go back to platooning in LF with Frazier, and Andujar can go back to playing his natural position (3B). His ability to put the bat on the ball is secondary compared the peace of mind knowing we have one less defensive liability on the field.

4 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

They did need someone that wasn't a 37 year old Brett Gardner out in CF though

I’m wondering if Gardner won’t last the month now that Tim Locastro is here? Honestly I don’t care. Get rid of the crap on the roster.

4 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

To be honest it gives us some level of depth considering we now have one of the fastest guys in baseball that can cover CF instead of Gardner (see above) and he can go back to platooning in LF with Frazier, and Andujar can go back to playing his natural position (3B). His ability to put the bat on the ball is secondary compared the peace of mind knowing we have one less defensive liability on the field.

Yes, getting Andujar away from the outfield will help. He also could be trade bait. Why not? This team is going nowhere and that’s just how it is.

5 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

I’m wondering if Gardner won’t last the month now that Tim Locastro is here? Honestly I don’t care. Get rid of the crap on the roster.

Yes, getting Andujar away from the outfield will help. He also could be trade bait. Why not? This team is going nowhere and that’s just how it is.

Teams are not going to give us anyone of value. Execs in the league say our team is too slow, not as athletic, and the series where we got swept by the Red Sox kind of exposed the type of team we really are. We're not going to be a playoff caliber team for a really long time that a "retooling" can't fix.

3 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Teams are not going to give us anyone of value. Execs in the league say our team is too slow, not as athletic, and the series where we got swept by the Red Sox kind of exposed the type of team we really are. We're not going to be a playoff caliber team for a really long time that a "retooling" can't fix.

I accept that and if i were them I would begin to trade away players but not for a quick fix but rather for the long haul. Judge should be the first to go and I don't accept that guy being the face of the franchise. Well, then again maybe he is and that is why so much work needs to be done in order to be a competitive team again. You HAVE TO start somewhere.

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

I accept that and if i were them I would begin to trade away players but not for a quick fix but rather for the long haul. Judge should be the first to go and i don't accept that guy being the face of the franchise. Well, then again maybe he is and that is why so much work needs to be done in order to be a competitive team again. You HAVE TO start somewhere.

Kinda want to try and keep the thread from being continuous talk about the Yankees, but Aaron Judge is going to be 30 next year and will be a free agent when the season ends. The Yankees can try to retain him, but the only way I and I think the fanbase can and should support this move is if he stays healthy both this season and the next one, as that would prove he's worked on his conditioning as that was a problem for him in earlier years.

I've been advocating that the team stop trying to find reclamation projects and just let the kids in AAA play who are mashing in Scranton though

2 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Kinda want to try and keep the thread from being continuous talk about the Yankees,

Who else is talking in this thread right now but you and I? If someone has something to say about a game last night or one of tonight's match-ups then they should jump in. No big deal. Posts will not be ignored if they have nothing to do with the Yanks.

And Gordo I am talking directly at you right now. Nothing seems to be good enough for you. First it was a big problem with what you saw as bitching, complaining, moaning, etc about the Yankees and you didn't like that. Now after talking about a roster move they made and who should be traded you have a problem with that. There was no bitching, complaining or moaning there. Just questioning out loud why they went out and got another right-handed bat.

I've toned down the disgust that I have for this team. I still have it and after the way they lost to the Angels the other night I even have more of it at the moment. But it makes no sense for me to come in here night after night to remind people how I feel about them right now. Regulars of the forum know exactly how I feel about this team and it isn't good.

So I am damned if I complain and scream about them and damned if I don't. Why don't you just concentrate on critiquing the Phillies broadcasting team and not worry about if the Yankees are talked about or not?

Any team out there interested in a 245 lb. lefty who throws 100 mph, even in the strike zone once in a while?  We'll even throw in a snack stipend.  Caution:  would only use in low leverage situations from here on out.