MLB Gameday Thread

Kccitystar

Friday in baseball

Aaron Judge called a player’s-only meeting a day after team owner Hal Steinbrenner placed the blame squarely on the players instead of on Brian Cashman or Aaron Boone. Screw him. This meeting should have been called in May and not now. But I do hope it helps.

Another good night for your favorite and mine Shohei Ohtani. The ass kissing tour for this guy added a few more bandwagoners after last night’s Angel win.

Props to Marlins pitcher Pablo Lopez for dealing with Braves #1 hot dog Ronald Acuna, Jr. You almost wish a Yankee pitcher would have the guts to deal with Rafael Devers the same way.

Speaking of Devers just watch him the next time you watch the Red Sox via your MLB account. Whoever taught that guy how to show off in front of the cameras did it well.

Again with the vertigo crap Clint Frazier?

Someone went 0 for 4 for an eastern Pennsylvania team to drop his average to .270. Thirty million dollars a year for this?

The Seattle Mariners have 44 wins, or twenty more than they were expected to have by this time in the season.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, stealth2920 said:

Ohtani is unreal.  30 HR's already.  I think he might be an alien with superpowers.👏

It downright makes you dizzy ..... and he's not even a show boater or anything like that.... just solid.  Would never give you a reason to throw at him.

Nice moon shot by Bryce:  https://www.mlb.com/video/bryce-harper-s-113-5-mph-home-run

...and nice stop by Didi.  Can't believe they didn't have this as a separate highlight (go to 4:17 mark):  https://www.mlb.com/gameday/padres-vs-phillies/2021/07/03/633390#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=videos,game=633390

Maybe Didi's return could be sparking something here.  Seranthony ... where are you!?!

As Yogi Berra would say, “It’s deja vu all over again” in the Bronx today. In the top of the 7th (last inning of the first game of today’s doubleheader), the Yankees are up 5-4.  Chapman gives up a tying home run to the first batter and the Mets go on to score 6 runs in the inning. ☹️

I am so glad I have been dealing with moving to a different house and doing renovations this season.
I haven't watched a game in ages. Instead of going to bed depressed, I only get depressed as I sip my morning coffee and see the scores from the previous night.

I never thought I'd be thankful for all this rubble, dust and everything else that comes with rebuilding a house...

8 hours ago, stealth2920 said:

What's with Chapman?  He has been lit up lately.

He is just playing down to the level of the players around him.

8 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Slip, sliding, away!!!

Correction. They've already slipped and have slid away.

7 hours ago, Ritchie said:

And Chappy is a 2021 All Star !!!! 

The National League is hoping he comes in late in the game so they can blow it wide open. Not one Yankee deserved to be a part of the All-Star Game this year for obvious reasons.

@Yankee4Life   about slip,sliding,away.   I know everyone knows how I feel about this team since April as I have said these words over and over.  I won't change about them - it's too late for them and Chapman is going to accept his spot on the AL team - unbelievable. 

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

@Yankee4Life   about slip,sliding,away.   I know everyone knows how I feel about this team since April as I have said these words over and over.  I won't change about them - it's too late for them and Chapman is going to accept his spot on the AL team - unbelievable. 

I understand what you mean and I wish I could honestly say that I disagree with you but I see how they are playing too and I’m not happy about it one bit. But it’s on them and I won’t let it ruin my summer.

Chapman should have said thank you but no. Not with the way he has been playing.

Now I don’t know what they have planned for the upcoming weeks ahead but if they get rid of someone then it almost has to be viewed as a positive step for them. But if they don’t, whatever.

Dave Stewart upset how the Dodgers handled the Bauer sexual case that the organization did not suspend Bauer before the MLB did so will not attend the 40th anniversary of Dodgers '81 World Series Championship - strike shortened season - which was over the Yankees as the Yanks blew a 2 to 0 game lead. and I can side with Stewart on this.

8 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

it's obvious what the Dodgers want and that is for all of this to go away so he can resume pitching for them. Never mind if he's guilty. Just get back on the mound.

Not really. It’s my understanding that this goes further than the Dodgers not wanting to do anything, and that it’s the MLB domestic abuse policy that MLB, and only MLB, can hand down disciplinary action in this case.

Even something as simple as the Dodgers skipping Bauer’s next schedule start could be interpreted as “disciplinary”, and would have been grounds for the MLBPA, MLB, or Bauer to take action against the Dodgers. With labor talks looming after the season, a grievance between the union and the league is not something they want to deal with.

I knew Jamo had a game like this in him! That stat line looks beautiful, and yes I know it’s vs the Mariners:

7.0 IP, 4H, 1R, 1BB, 9Ks

Sidenote @Gordo rumors say your Phils are looking for a late inning guy? We got some arms. If Chapman doesn't shake out maybe we can ship him down I-95.

3 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Sidenote @Gordo rumors say your Phils are looking for a late inning guy? We got some arms. If Chapman doesn't shake out maybe we can ship him down I-95.

Thanks, but we already have a guy who throws 101 and is blowing saves.  Although Chapman is probably a much better fielder than Alvarado.  Hell, I could probably go down to the local ball field and find a Babe Ruth league pitcher who is a better fielder than Alvarado.

Cubs announcers sounding confused about Arrieta's pitching yesterday.  I'm thinking "haven't you been watching this guy over the past 2 years? And you've expecting him to improve?"  He's 35 years old and probably should have been pitching out of the pen 3-4 years ago.  Nice for the Phils to have a bit of a lift me up series before heading into Beantown.

4 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

I knew Jamo had a game like this in him! That stat line looks beautiful, and yes I know it’s vs the Mariners:

7.0 IP, 4H, 1R, 1BB, 9Ks

I didn't watch the game last night and I just want to say I was very happy for him too. Shoot, I didn't know he was pitching. Now I hope he builds on it. And by the way the Mariners have a better record than the Yankees so this one was extra important.

Daniel Camarena --- how would you like to have been him yesterday?  Mediocre reliever called up by the Padres.  .179 BA in about 30 plate appearances in the minors and you hit a grand slam against a premiere MLB pitcher. And look where the ball was .... a 96 mph FB out of the zone and he golfs it out!

Capture.JPG.fb7b701421cb762af55a1052439021c3.JPG

intro-1558739743.thumb.jpg.bbc1367e611cae419b1799004383c1ad.jpg