MLB Gameday Thread

Kccitystar

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/9/2021 at 10:58 PM, Gordo said:

Phillies need to focus less on the value of homer hats and the value of getting consistent starting pitching.

The Vince Velasquez experiment should have already come to an end.  He's a bullpen pitcher.

They also made a big deal about looking more "interesting" in their red tops on the road. For any team, if you need to focus more on your look than your game, that's not a good sign.

It was a very interesting and exciting game yesterday down in Houston and I do have to give the Yankees a lot of credit for a good game all around. If I am not the first person to post negative things about them around here then I certainly am the second.

A big thing was made about Gerritt Cole’s complete game but that’s what pitchers were supposed to do before Tony Larussa and pitching coach Dave Duncan made a big *&%^$ deal about pitch counts when they were in Oakland. Soon it spread everywhere and you can’t get away from it. Teams copy other teams. You want another example? The Rays started this “opener” business and now other teams are doing it too.

Anyway, Cole had a three-hit shutout. Judge homered and after this afternoon’s game baseball heads to the All-Star break. It’s been a fast season so far. I’m hoping the second half brings Yankee fans something to cheer about like a nice, long winning streak.

Aaron-Judge-5.thumb.jpg.872c3f5d201704bfaa45c1642b89559f.jpg

Aaron Judge homers for the only run as the Yankees won 1 - 0 in Houston on July 10, 2021.

Hopefully Phils can move Alvarado by the deadline ..... He would look good in a [insert name of other team here] uniform.  Maybe it took all of this to find the possible closer in Suarez.  Nice to take the series in both Chitown and Beantown.

After yesterdays terrible loss I think Aaron Boone needs to explain himself. Why did he not let Chapman in the game in the ninth inning with a five run lead? I know he was struggling but again, it was a five run lead. We saw how that evaporated quickly.

And another thing. Am I to believe that there are no other outfielders that have been released by any other major league team that the Yankees can’t pick up to replace Brett Gardner once and for all? Or at least bring one up from the minors? There’s no one? Mike Tauchman was a trade that I didn’t get but he’s not exactly lighting up the Giants lineup when he’s in there (he is currently injured.)

But they can not find someone to maybe hit at least .250 instead of Gardner? That would be 56 points higher than his current average of .194. But go ahead, keep bringing him back year after year. The Yankees did the same crap with Bernie Williams years ago. They kept on bringing him back on one-year deals even though he was useless.

They lost because they were scared to go to Chapman.

They lost because they were 3 for 16 with runners in scoring position.

They lost because they left 14 runners on base.

Chad Green did not just lose the game yesterday all because of one bad pitch to Altuve. The entire team, just as they have been doing all year combined to lose this game.

What a fitting way to end the first half of the season.

....while the Yankees scored 0 runs and had another nail hammered into their coffin. Done, finished, kaput for the season.  Time to get ready for  my other team for another losing season, the Minnesota Vikings.

Edited by Ritchie

11 hours ago, Gordo said:

Red Sox, RF Verdugo gets a ball thrown at him from the crowd prior to the start of the B6th in this evening's BOS/NYY game. Must be someone from Philly.

Yeah, the Philadelphia people must have took to the road last night. Kind of odd for them to do so since the Phils were playing at home. One guy goes to the Bronx to pick off that SOB Verdugo and a few traveled down to D.C. to have an old fashioned shoot out.  Now I am not sure if the people involved were from the city of Brotherly Love but like you said it must be someone from Philly.

On 7/17/2021 at 7:23 AM, Ritchie said:

.... Time to get ready for  my other team for another losing season, the Minnesota Vikings.

Here is where we separate. I have been and always will be a fan of the Oakland Raiders, so I know what losing seasons are like.

@Yankee4Life  and also for me, the New York Knicks so it's always a long winter for me to baseball season which was always my top sport. I had a classmate through high school who was also a big Oakland Raiders (at the time) fan.   I am not into hockey.

Edited by Ritchie

Tim Locastro doesn't get hurt with Arizona but as soon as he gets to the Yankees he tears his ACL and surprise, surprise his season is over. It's almost like when you are a Yankee you have to get hurt. He hasn't been on the team long but this is what I think will symbolize the final nail in the coffin for these worthless bunch of so-called ballplayers. I don't give a damn if they sell or trade the whole lot of them.

1091553898_TimLocastro.thumb.jpg.a8db6e86a723ea4f593b6ed00833e9b0.jpg

There you go Tim Locastro!!! Now you're a real Yankee!

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

@stealth2920  at lease the Padres kept scoring runs after Friday's big win.. the Yankees would have been shutout for the next 2 or 3 games.

You could really say this about anything:

"At least anyone can save 15% in 15 minutes .... the Yankees would have save 0%"