• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....while the Yankees scored 0 runs and had another nail hammered into their coffin. Done, finished, kaput for the season.  Time to get ready for  my other team for another losing season, the Minnesota Vikings.

Edited by Ritchie

Harper seems like he's all business lately.  Not overly emotional, unless cheering on a good play.  No goofiness or nonsense.  Just all business.  Wonder what the Phils locker room talk has been like lately.

Red Sox, RF Verdugo gets a ball thrown at him from the crowd prior to the start of the B6th in this evening's BOS/NYY game. Must be someone from Philly.

11 hours ago, Gordo said:

Red Sox, RF Verdugo gets a ball thrown at him from the crowd prior to the start of the B6th in this evening's BOS/NYY game. Must be someone from Philly.

Yeah, the Philadelphia people must have took to the road last night. Kind of odd for them to do so since the Phils were playing at home. One guy goes to the Bronx to pick off that SOB Verdugo and a few traveled down to D.C. to have an old fashioned shoot out.  Now I am not sure if the people involved were from the city of Brotherly Love but like you said it must be someone from Philly.

On 7/17/2021 at 7:23 AM, Ritchie said:

.... Time to get ready for  my other team for another losing season, the Minnesota Vikings.

Here is where we separate. I have been and always will be a fan of the Oakland Raiders, so I know what losing seasons are like.

@Yankee4Life  and also for me, the New York Knicks so it's always a long winter for me to baseball season which was always my top sport. I had a classmate through high school who was also a big Oakland Raiders (at the time) fan.   I am not into hockey.

Edited by Ritchie
1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

Yeah, the Philadelphia people must have took to the road last night. Kind of odd for them to do so since the Phils were playing at home. One guy goes to the Bronx to pick off that SOB Verdugo and a few traveled down to D.C. to have an old fashioned shoot out.  Now I am not sure if the people involved were from the city of Brotherly Love but like you said it must be someone from Philly.

Here is where we separate. I have been and always will be a fan of the Oakland Raiders, so I know what losing seasons are like.

Oakland doesn't have a team.  Should say a Football team.

I was a big Raiders fan when they were in LA, but when they bailed so did I.  

I still have all my LA gear somewhere.  Probably still in a box from moving to Texas from that garbage dump California.

Edited by stealth2920

Tim Locastro doesn't get hurt with Arizona but as soon as he gets to the Yankees he tears his ACL and surprise, surprise his season is over. It's almost like when you are a Yankee you have to get hurt. He hasn't been on the team long but this is what I think will symbolize the final nail in the coffin for these worthless bunch of so-called ballplayers. I don't give a damn if they sell or trade the whole lot of them.

1091553898_TimLocastro.thumb.jpg.a8db6e86a723ea4f593b6ed00833e9b0.jpg

There you go Tim Locastro!!! Now you're a real Yankee!

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

@stealth2920  at lease the Padres kept scoring runs after Friday's big win.. the Yankees would have been shutout for the next 2 or 3 games.

You could really say this about anything:

"At least anyone can save 15% in 15 minutes .... the Yankees would have save 0%"

Nationals 18   Marlins 1

Red Sox 13  Blue Jays 4

Mets 15   Reds 11

Tigers 14   Rangers 0

Maybe there was something to that whole Spider Tack business after all . . . 

Aaron Nola is starting to turn into Jake Arrieta if he doesn't adjust fast.  And I'm not sure why the Phils' reliever De Los Santos is ever allowed on a major league mound.

This ump behind the plate is too inconsistent both ways tonight.

1 hour ago, Ritchie said:

Yankees: another BLOWN game. What a disgrace. Season down the🚽.

There's the Yankee hater.  You were a ghost when they just won 4 in a row against decent teams.  You must enjoy them losing so you can whine.  Pretty sad for a fake fan.  I care less whether Yankees win or lose but have to admit that Boone putting that guy in to close in an important game was pretty lame.

Edited by stealth2920

@stealth2920no, I wasn't a ghost when they won 4 in a row.  I didn't post because it meant nothing.  Big deal they won 4 in a row. They should have won those games.  They are still 8 games out of the division which they'll never win. I said it back in April this team is pathetic and they  still are.  I have been a Yankees fan since a kid in the early sixties and always will be but just expressing what I think of this year's team.