MLB Gameday Thread

Kccitystar

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clint-frazier.thumb.jpg.c10fb761316f25fa34da8e69c970aaac.jpg

Clint Frazier asked out of the lineup on Sunday while on a Minor League rehab assignment with Double-A Somerset, telling the team that he did not feel ready to play. Frazier has been dealing with dizziness and other sensitivity that was initially thought to be vertigo, but may be vision and/or neck issues.

This guy is done. They handed him the left field job and this SOB couldn’t even hit .200. And this dizziness nonsense has gone on too long. If he is back next year it will be a miracle. Or maybe he needs glasses. Who knows? He contributed NOTHING this year. F*** HIM.

3 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Top of 1st  inning and ALREADY  HR Heaney gave up another.  When will they pull this piece of $hit??

Luckily you’re not managing the Yankees. Heaney went 7 innings and gave up only 2 hits and 1 run. I’d consider that a good night. 

RIP Bill Freehan as he passed away at age 79 from long battle with dementia.  what a team those '68 Tigers were, especially Mickey Lolich with 3 complete game wins in WS.  long ago WS were on during the afternoon as we raced home from grade school to watch the games.

Edited by Ritchie

Another great win for the Yankees last night. I’m on the train to NY right now with my middle daughter to see today’s game. It’s our annual father/daughter trip to see the Yankees play. Cole is pitching today so I’m looking forward to seeing him in person.

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

Another great win for the Yankees last night. I’m on the train to NY right now with my middle daughter to see today’s game. It’s our annual father/daughter trip to see the Yankees play. Cole is pitching today so I’m looking forward to seeing him in person.

Good for you Jim. Have a safe and pleasant trip to and from the ball park and enjoy yourselves! I hope you get to see Gerrit Cole win but most of all that annual trip with your daughter has to be one of the highlights of your year. 🙂

What a game Jim saw! What a game!!!!

He saw Cole win a game.

He saw a batter call time and then change his mind and hit a 3-run home run. Nullified of course. Never saw that before but I remember something that was similar.

He saw Andrew Velasquez hit his first career home run.

You picked a great day for a game Jim and thanks to your wonderful daughter.

Way back in 1976 when the Yankees opened that season in Milwaukee the Brewers hit a game winning grand slam that everyone assumed ended the game and all of Milwaukee was happy. But not so fast. Before the pitch was thrown to Don Money, Chris Chambliss called time out at first base and he was granted time by the first base umpire. Billy Martin ran out of the dugout but he hardly had to argue because Chambliss DID call time before the pitch and the Yankees ended up winning the game.

I did not see this game on TV since I don't live in New York but I had my ears glued to my radio. All these years later I never forgot that game and what Odor did today reminded me of it.

14 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

What a game Jim saw! What a game!!!!

He saw Cole win a game.

He saw a batter call time and then change his mind and hit a 3-run home run. Nullified of course. Never saw that before but I remember something that was similar.

He saw Andrew Velasquez hit his first career home run.

You picked a great day for a game Jim and thanks to your wonderful daughter.

Way back in 1976 when the Yankees opened that season in Milwaukee the Brewers hit a game winning grand slam that everyone assumed ended the game and all of Milwaukee was happy. But not so fast. Before the pitch was thrown to Don Money, Chris Chambliss called time out at first base and he was granted time by the first base umpire. Billy Martin ran out of the dugout but he hardly had to argue because Chambliss DID call time before the pitch and the Yankees ended up winning the game.

I did not see this game on TV since I don't live in New York but I had my ears glued to my radio. All these years later I never forgot that game and what Odor did today reminded me of it.

It was a great game and great to spend time with my daughter. It was Odor that called time before he hit the home run?  I suppose that’s why the Boone didnt come running out of the dugout to protest. 

We, and the rest of the crowd, couldn’t tell who called time.  Everyone was blaming Angel Hernandez, the home plate umpire, and there was some very loud booing when Odor had to continue batting. 

Velasquez looks like he is really enjoying playing and he is fun to watch. It was special to see his first HR. 

1477278641_ZackBritton.thumb.jpg.0c6358d5f99390d4ab83fb4ade9805f9.jpg

Zack Britton is probably done for the year and with the way he's been pitching that's in the Yankees favor.

Am I the only one who gets extremely nervous whenever Chapman comes in a game?

Very proud and happy with the way they have been playing. I attack the hell out of them especially that statue behind home plate but they deserve equal time here. They are hitting and running, stealing bases, pitching well and look completely different than they did before the break.

Welp....it's that time of the year again where every Phillies fan says to himself (or herself or themselves .... certainly don't want to offend any of the woke crowd) "what team should I start thinking of pulling for if they make the playoffs?"  When a manager can't realize that his ace doesn't quite have it against a very good team that's already scored 4 runs against him going into the 9th inning, just after acquiring who is supposed to be a competent closer who could potentially hold them, giving the home team a chance to win in the bottom of the 9th after one of your studs just tied it in the bottom of the 8th, well, then something is just not right.

Go Oakland. 

Been away with no internet. Great streak I noticed by the Yankees as they sit at top WC  but it stopped at 13 -  not a good number as now I see 3 game losing streak as I opened the NY Post. Kluber started and gave up a GS to a low avg hitter?? HR Heaney gave up another HR??. Could they be going downhill again??