Frustrated

Venger

I was, thankfully, able to find my MVP 2005  CD game for the PC and purchased a external cd drive in order to load it onto my gaming laptop.

I have followed all of the steps that have been described in here and have even switched to different compatibility formats hoping that the game would eventually and ultimately load up.

No luck

40 minutes ago, Dre Hill said:

I was, thankfully, able to find my MVP 2005  CD game for the PC and purchased a external cd drive in order to load it onto my gaming laptop.

I have followed all of the steps that have been described in here and have even switched to different compatibility formats hoping that the game would eventually and ultimately load up.

No luck

If you've read thoroughly, you'll have come across the pages of posts that conclude that the game will not run on Windows 10 no matter what. I'm saying that because they are the same pages of posts I came across when I tried playing it again about a year ago. In short, summarising all the threads here, you either get yourself a way to run Windows 7 or you use a virtual machine set up. Virtual machine set ups didn't work for me and I still had a license for Windows 7 so I installed it on a separate hard drive and I now dual boot to Windows7 when I want to play old games or even use old software that won't run with Windows 10 at all like the Canon software for my Canon scanner.

4 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

If you've read thoroughly, you'll have come across the pages of posts that conclude that the game will not run on Windows 10 no matter what. I'm saying that because they are the same pages of posts I came across when I tried playing it again about a year ago. In short, summarising all the threads here, you either get yourself a way to run Windows 7 or you use a virtual machine set up. Virtual machine set ups didn't work for me and I still had a license for Windows 7 so I installed it on a separate hard drive and I now dual boot to Windows7 when I want to play old games or even use old software that won't run with Windows 10 at all like the Canon software for my Canon scanner.

Thank you 

Hi, I just joined today looking to make it work on Windows 10. 

I just got it working. I'm trying to figure out steps to recreate. 

So far I have it working on a windows 10 laptop, but when I tried to do the same steps on my desktop it did not work 100%

I am about to do a forum post with the steps.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2018 at 3:26 PM, tinpanalley said:

On 3/31/2018 at 9:57 PM, squeedom said:

Hi, I just joined today looking to make it work on Windows 10. 

I just got it working. I'm trying to figure out steps to recreate. 

So far I have it working on a windows 10 laptop, but when I tried to do the same steps on my desktop it did not work 100%

I am about to do a forum post with the steps.

I would be interested to know how this was done on your part. I will be checking back periodically 

I'm currently running a couple instances of MVP Baseball 2005 on my Windows 10 system, BUT it was originally Windows 8 and I copied entire game folders over from my Windows 7 laptop before the laptop crapped the bed. I think that's might be how it's working for me.

I'm able to run TC 94, a clean install of MVP 05, and an MVP 98 project I'm working on that's basically just an edited TC 94. I also have folders for 07 and 12, but neither of them open, so I guess it's hit or miss.

3 hours ago, Homer said:

Windows XP or 7 is the way to go. I know some of you like to play on a laptop, but if you're not married to that, you can build an xp maching for less than $50 that will run the game smooth.

How'd you swing it on that budget? Just curious. Did you go with a rpi?

You guys have to remember that at the time MVP came out, itdidn't require that much power compared to today's tech. I was running mine on a pentium 4 at the time, so a core 2 system will work just fine. It can run pretty smooth on an old and cheap video card. There's this one for sale for example: https://montreal.craigslist.ca/sop/d/sff-dell-optiplex-380-core-2/6563774799.html

Try ebay too. But get one of those, and pretty much any video card that will fit it, and it'll run just fine.

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

You guys have to remember that at the time MVP came out, itdidn't require that much power compared to today's tech. I was running mine on a pentium 4 at the time, so a core 2 system will work just fine. It can run pretty smooth on an old and cheap video card. There's this one for sale for example: https://montreal.craigslist.ca/sop/d/sff-dell-optiplex-380-core-2/6563774799.html

Try ebay too. But get one of those, and pretty much any video card that will fit it, and it'll run just fine.

I remember, I was there :)

I was running it on an emachines PentiumV (before I started building my own systems) with like 4GB of RAM. I think it was even on CPU graphics, not even a separate GPU. I just dual boot because I have lots of stuff as I said before that runs better on Win7.

I did the same thing. And I remember that running with onboards graphics would sometimes cause a delay in the graphics but it doesn't happen with a gpu. I found myself a small xp machine and I had an extra ssd lying around so it was perfect for me. I can do play and do all the modding without worries of it not working.

Archived