Windows 10 Working

squeedom

Hello. I signed up today after trying to get MVP 05 to work on my pc. I found the forum saying that it is impossible to run on my windows 10 machine. I was very disappointed but tried it on my laptop afterwards. I thought I had windows 8 on my laptop but I was wrong and I can confirm that I was able to get the game to work by following the steps below. 

Unfortunately, when I tried to reproduce these steps on my desktop (my preferred computer) it loaded up the games load screen (runner's foot on a base) and then errored out. So I have not been able to reproduce my results.

I hope someone figures out what my magic sauce was so that I can make it work on my other computer. I have made Blellow and I don't know how.

Steps:

I installed the game discs.

I downloaded the all 5 patches from this forum.

I installed all 5 patches in order.

Replaced the exe with the no cd shortcut one.

I ran a compatibility test (right click on EXE in directory folder for MVP)

The test ran the game on the first try. However I'll add that it only works inside the folder. No shortcuts have allowed it to run. 

I checked the game properties to see what it is doing in compatibility. Windows 8 is checked as is Override DPI scaling. 

DZqapUeVwAE0-jE.jpgDZqapUeV4AEvFkB.jpg

DZqapUdV4AALSbk.jpg\\\

EDIT: I have uninstalled and tried again on the same computer and it was successful the second time as well. 

The game plays normally as far as I can tell. The only performance problem I see is the ball ghosts when thrown in the field. A slight annoyance but does not effect the game.

• 3 weeks later...

MVP works on Windows 10 because you ran a no-cd patch.

The crack is designed to bypass the disc protection, which is how your game is able to run. The ability for Windows to run the SafeDisc protection was removed in an update for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and is completely nonexistent in Windows 10.

Since you admitted to replacing the .exe with a cracked .exe, the community can't help you if you run into any problems that are determined to be associated with the no-cd crack.

• 3 months later...

Archived