PS2 Controller not recognized

DrDoom77

I have a PS2 controller hooked to my Win 7 PC, and would like to use that for MVP 2005.  I used a Logitech controller in the past, but it's no longer around.  Anyway, I'm getting an error on startup that MVP doesn't recognize the controller.  I get this error regardless of whether the Analog mode is on.

Any thoughts?  Maybe this is a simple question, but when searching for an answer, all I saw was some other person asking the same question in 2009.  They didn't get an answer.  They were just scolded and directed to look at a 'The Support Forum - Read This First' thread, which isn't helpful since it doesn't look like that thread's around anymore.

The game alone will not know what to do with a PS2 controller. It isn't a controller it has been programmed to  communicate with for obvious reasons. So, you'll have to find software that gets between the controller and the computer and tells Windows what kind of controller you have or at least how to map it. To do that, I'd go find gaming forums or even tech forums and ask there how to get a Windows 7 computer to interact with a PS2 controller. I'm sure there's one or two main programs people who do this play with, you'll just have to ask those communities what they use. Check reddit as well, that can be useful.

Archived