Brand New MLB 2K12 REShade Effect (with screenshots)

tomba

1 hour ago, tomba said:

Im very excited its made the game much better for me

however two things need adress

1)player faces

2)player uniform textures

Don't worry. I have a roster coming out that will address the uniforms colors as long as everyone uses my colorlist file.

10 hours ago, picklebrad said:

Don't worry. I have a roster coming out that will address the uniforms colors as long as everyone uses my colorlist file.

Not so much uniform colors but the creasing look etc

I can NEVER get a  colorfile to work

player faces sometimes look like theyve seen a ghost i wonder if thats the mesh the actual face texture etc?

Worked on the preset some more REALLY coming along.

1 hour ago, tomba said:

Not so much uniform colors but the creasing look etc

I can NEVER get a  colorfile to work

player faces sometimes look like theyve seen a ghost i wonder if thats the mesh the actual face texture etc?

Worked on the preset some more REALLY coming along.

The creases and stuff are in the global.iff file. There is also a file for baked in ambient occlusion as well that I touched up in the most recent "Super" Global file I uploaded.

I'd like to help you and @picklebrad out on this, so just let me know what you'd like for me to assist with.

Since the game is a DX9 title, it doesn't do hardware-based AO which I think was implemented in DX10 or 11.

My biggest concern for this game is the low-res shadows that we can't upscale,  or the inning transition lighting that we can't open up in ANY of the .iff editors, to be honest.

7 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

The creases and stuff are in the global.iff file. There is also a file for baked in ambient occlusion as well that I touched up in the most recent "Super" Global file I uploaded.

I'd like to help you and @picklebrad out on this, so just let me know what you'd like for me to assist with.

Since the game is a DX9 title, it doesn't do hardware-based AO which I think was implemented in DX10 or 11.

My biggest concern for this game is the low-res shadows that we can't upscale,  or the inning transition lighting that we can't open up in ANY of the .iff editors, to be honest.

Ohhh the global....yeah i saw a old file( a global one) which had uniform creases redone but was unsure where they get implemented.

I'm getting very close to a preset which i think works now with ALL times of day and weathers. However one thing i can't control is players faces. I was able to handle the crowd by doing a "vinette trick which is pretty awesome kind of like a mix of depth of feild along with darkening of top screen. BUT player faces need to be less ghostlike less blotchy. and thats going in and fixing EVERY cyberface made which is a huge undertaking for a season of mlb 2k18

I will take a look at your global

Great news! (for me anyway since it makes it more enjoyable for me anyways)

I've been able to color correct the white balance and nuetralize the green and red color that makes the game have a olive hue.

I've also finally been able to(along with the 1600X900p setting which i prefer) remove the bad cyberface/player face skin tones which always look blotchy by applying a huge mix of blur and sharpening effects.

I've sent the file to a few for testing BUT the newest version I have fixes the face issue ive mentioned countless times as bothering me to no end.

7 minutes ago, Smuggly said:

Will this work at other settings becaus i can only set my screen to 1360x768 since i have to use a 32 inch tv for monitor, can't afford a new one.

I dont believe so

I tried many different settings and they darken the screen 1600X900p works the best

Im sorry if this doesnt work for most but i tried to figure out the best setting that makes a 2012 game look more like a 2018 game and unfortunately in the weirdest way is that lower resolution WITH newest reshade effects makes that [possible.

its almost as if downgrading the image makes the game more neutral for reshades effects :)

9 hours ago, Behindshadows said:

It's very blue....too much blue tint...but everything else solid brother!

I noticed in screen shots that they translated to being more blue this time.

Since im having issues with saving the .ini preset file im going to revist next week before release

• 2 months later...

Archived