MVP 15 Crashes on Edit Player/Game Start

xZeroun

So I have looked on these forums for at least 4-6  accumulative hours trying to resolve this issue... I've tried many many solutions, but I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I tried editing player by player in MVPEdit to match the right Audio/Photo ID according to the Photo List and for example Freddie Freeman is 7515 so I changed it to that and in game it shows his actual photo after installing his facepack. As soon as I go into Edit Player it just crashes which everywhere I look says it is a cyberface issue. I am correctly matching up the IDs according to MVPEdits Photo List so idk what re-assigning cyberfaces exactly means. These are the links I've already tried:

Cyberface Edit w/o MVPEdit - https://www.mvpmods.com/forums/topic/58168-how-to-change-faces-without-mvpedit/

Game crashes on load in - https://www.mvpmods.com/forums/topic/58220-after-installing-a-roster-update-the-game-crashes-when-i-try-to-load-into-an-actual-game/

Game crashing - https://www.mvpmods.com/forums/topic/31693-is-your-mvp-baseball-2005-game-crashing/?page=11

And found some other related links that I cannot find at the moment. When I installed MVP 15 it worked correctly, when I added the 2018 Opening Day roster, that is when it began messing up. I installed around 6 facepacks and some individual packs, no other mods other than MVP 15 and MVP 15 patch. I've done as much research as I can before resulting into just calling it quits, I appreciate any help I can receive.

Thanks!

I actually had trouble with MVP 15 myself as did some others.

Here's what I would do:

• If you don't have a "virgin" install of 2005, do that, add official EA patch 3; then copy that entire folder and keep it to the side for later installs.  IOW, always have a "base" copy from which to work.
  • From your base install, install MVP 2012 over that.   Makes sure it runs a practice game, at least a few pitches or half inning.
  • Now start adding things.  Start with cyber faces.  But here's where you need to be careful.   A few cyberface makers do NOT use the official IDs.  So the 3 files contained in a cyberface pack for a given player may be something completely different from the number that it should be.  But you can change those numbers on those 3 files, rezip the file and install with TiT.
  • Don't add too many at one time before checking (checking in the manager's area/edit player is a good place to look at the new face).  Otherwise, it may be hard to tell what's crashing a game (i.e., you'll have too many variables.

Alternate method:

• Install the 2012 mod as stated.
  • Install the 2015 mod to another base copy of 2005.
  • Take the "model.big" file from the 2015 install and place it into the 2012 folder in the proper area.  This way you'll have 2015 cyberfaces and won't have as much updating to do.

That's my 2c.

I'd be glad to do that.  I don't want to discredit MVP 15 at all.   KC and co.'s work on this was magnanimous.  It's just that clearly some guys, including myself, had trouble running it.

I also completed a video tutorial on setting up rosters to play PC vs PC so that anyone can take any roster set and do so.  Basically I wanted to experiment with integrating voice and screen capture, which went pretty decent for the first time.  As soon as I find where I can have it hosted, I'll post it.

I think the play by play audio problems I have may be caused by having gotten to 2018 via MVP 15 instead of 12. I've troubleshooted every other possible source of problems. Nothing makes sense. Basically when I try to add play by play names, TiT gives me that FIFAFS error. I might just give it a go with MVP12, I keep a fresh MVP05 with patch 5 installed at all times.

As far as the video hosting goes, I'd just throw it on Vimeo. I put videos on there. It's not a gaming community but it's got good tools for uploading.

You want to do Patch 3, which incorporates 1 and 2.  Some guys say you can use Patch 2.  Patches 4 and 5 were only roster updates.

Ya, I've used Vimeo quite a bit.  Considering it as Dailymotion seems to be a pain in the ass.

Archived