BallFour's MVP Baseball 1998

BallFour

Hey everyone! So I've decided to release my own version of a 1998 mod. Seeing andy's great mod has definitely given me a ton of inspiration, but I'm going back and editing all the stadiums, all the uniforms, and all the cyberfaces to make a completely new 1998 mod. I've received Y4L's blessing on this project, and there will be a few differences to separate my version from TC 98. 

I'm currently working on a version that I've modded for my personal enjoyment, which has the Yankees' AAA team in Syracuse and their AA team in Trenton, which was not the case in 1998. Also, the Diamondbacks and Devil Rays didn't have a AA team that year, so I've had to shuffle some of the AA affiliations around to a more 1999 feel just to include the two teams. I've also created complete uniform sets for all 120 teams, including alternate uniforms, even for A-level clubs. So yes, if you want to play as the Lake Elsinore Storm, you can choose from their home, road, and alternate red jerseys for both home and road.

Again, since this mod was originally intended for my personal enjoyment, you'll see a few differences, but I'm willing to open up the mod for community suggestions! If you're ready and willing, I'd love some input for songs (sticking with the MVP Baseball series theme of pop/alt rock from 1997/1998) and the cover athlete. I've got a few choices, so let your voice be heard!!!

I'll be uploading a whole bunch of sample splash screens to help in decision-making.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't that long ago that BallFour sent me a PM about this and wondered if it would be a good idea to release this since Andy82 already made this season around nine years ago.

If he wanted to take the time to create this then I certainly did not want to tell him to forget it. One does not want to discourage creativity around here.

Look at it like this. Each time a modder makes the Yankee uniform for Mvp isn't he basically doing the same thing that the first uniform modder for Mvp did when the game first came out? Sure, there may be some differences like a patch that was added to the uniform but in the end they are very similar. Ballfour has his own changes he is going to make to this and I for one will be very happy to play it and review it.

I have one tip for you Ballfour. Go to Andy82's download page for his TC98 mod and read the reviews and comments people posted there. There you can find out what was right and what people found wrong with that version and  by knowing that it will help you with your own TC98.

So I've got some fun news. I've managed to figure out how to tinker with bullpen positions and bullpen camera positions. I've adjusted Sean O's Fenway Park 1995 mod so that the pitchers are actually both contained in the bullpen rather than one straddling the wall. I'm going to work on Milwaukee County Stadium next, since it'll be a little more difficult. Rather than only making a small adjustment, I'll have to move them all the way across the field.

3 minutes ago, BallFour said:

So I've got some fun news. I've managed to figure out how to tinker with bullpen positions and bullpen camera positions. I've adjusted Sean O's Fenway Park 1995 mod so that the pitchers are actually both contained in the bullpen rather than one straddling the wall. I'm going to work on Milwaukee County Stadium next, since it'll be a little more difficult. Rather than only making a small adjustment, I'll have to move them all the way across the field.

If you can adjust that, then certainly dugout positions are within the realm of possibility too right?

Absolutely. It's all right in the stadium's datafile and requires a bit of patience to get it absolutely right. I believe that in most of the MVP Baseball 1994 stadiums I've modded to 1998 standards are all good when it comes to dugout positions. 

But the short answer is yes. You can absolutely do that in MVP05.

If anyone is interested in my MVP 98 mod, it will include custom adjustments to stadiums, portraits, a complete uniform set for every single team, from MLB to Single-A, era appropriate logos and names, and custom frontend art. Basically, the only thing I'm not changing is the team audio because I have no clue how to edit that. 

This is going to be different and independent from TC 98. That being said, if anyone is interested in donating to the cause, I'd appreciate any donations that can be given to my PayPal. I'm saving up for a wedding and such, so any little bit would help. For those interested, my PayPal email is abronson86@gmail.com.

On 4/20/2018 at 11:08 PM, BallFour said:

Hey everyone! So I've decided to release my own version of a 1998 mod. Seeing andy's great mod has definitely given me a ton of inspiration, but I'm going back and editing all the stadiums, all the uniforms, and all the cyberfaces to make a completely new 1998 mod. I've received Y4L's blessing on this project, and there will be a few differences to separate my version from TC 98. 

I'm currently working on a version that I've modded for my personal enjoyment, which has the Yankees' AAA team in Syracuse and their AA team in Trenton, which was not the case in 1998. Also, the Diamondbacks and Devil Rays didn't have a AA team that year, so I've had to shuffle some of the AA affiliations around to a more 1999 feel just to include the two teams. I've also created complete uniform sets for all 120 teams, including alternate uniforms, even for A-level clubs. So yes, if you want to play as the Lake Elsinore Storm, you can choose from their home, road, and alternate red jerseys for both home and road.

Again, since this mod was originally intended for my personal enjoyment, you'll see a few differences, but I'm willing to open up the mod for community suggestions! If you're ready and willing, I'd love some input for songs (sticking with the MVP Baseball series theme of pop/alt rock from 1997/1998) and the cover athlete. I've got a few choices, so let your voice be heard!!!

I'll be uploading a whole bunch of sample splash screens to help in decision-making.

Awesome BallFour! I can't wait to play this when it's all done :)

On 4/21/2018 at 4:34 AM, BallFour said:

bagwell.jpg

griffey.jpg

On 4/21/2018 at 4:34 AM, BallFour said:

henderson.jpg

larkin.jpg

olerud.jpg

piazza(fla).jpg

piazza(nym).jpg

All of these are so cool but I think the Henderson is my Fav!

As mentioned in the shoutbox, I'll try to post some preview photos of MVP 1998 when I get home from work tonight. I'll be modding every stadium to a more 1998 feel, so this is just going to be a blanket disclaimer - I've taken all of these stadiums from previously made mods. All the credit for the groundwork are by our fantastic MVP stadium modders (dennisjames71, MarlinsMY, Pirate, Rolie, and Sean O in particular). All I've done is replace some things and change some ads.

Also, it shouldn't be too hard to create custom frontend art for individuals. If you've got a favorite team and you want specific team custom frontend art, let me know and I'll create a special one just for you. I still haven't decided a default yet, but I can make team packs for those who desire it.

I'm guessing @Muller_11 wants an Astros pack, so if you can just gimme a shout and let me know if you want Randy Johnson included in that (he's starting with the Mariners in game), let me know.

@Yankee4Life will probably want a Yankees one. I can also make a Canadian edition, which would include stars for both the Blue Jays and Expos and feature other Canadian customizations (spelling things with the Queen's English for example. I'm happy to add this favour for you friends from the North). 

If there are any French speakers that would want a special Expos-only and French language text, répondez s'il vous plaît.

2 hours ago, BallFour said:

As mentioned in the shoutbox, I'll try to post some preview photos of MVP 1998 when I get home from work tonight. I'll be modding every stadium to a more 1998 feel, so this is just going to be a blanket disclaimer - I've taken all of these stadiums from previously made mods. All the credit for the groundwork are by our fantastic MVP stadium modders (dennisjames71, MarlinsMY, Pirate, Rolie, and Sean O in particular). All I've done is replace some things and change some ads.

That's the right way to do it. Giving thanks and credit to other modders should always happen but we all know that's not the case.

34 minutes ago, BallFour said:

Also, it shouldn't be too hard to create custom frontend art for individuals. If you've got a favorite team and you want specific team custom frontend art, let me know and I'll create a special one just for you. I still haven't decided a default yet, but I can make team packs for those who desire it.

That's a nice thing you are thinking of doing and whatever your default is I am sure it will be good enough.

38 minutes ago, BallFour said:

@Yankee4Life will probably want a Yankees one.

Who told you? :D

On 30/4/2018 at 4:43 AM, BallFour said:

Here's a 1998 version of the Kingdome, complete with working jumbotron.

image.thumb.png.af464ed46a226dd56ea1d6e23594c990.png

On 30/4/2018 at 4:43 AM, BallFour said:

man I really love and miss the Kingdome, thanks for your hard work in this project Ballfour

On 27/4/2018 at 8:08 PM, BallFour said:

come on man, you´re my hero, oustanding, if you pull this thing off, I swear I´m going to play for the firt time ever a full season with your mod...

Archived