BallFour's MVP Baseball 1998

BallFour

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick suggestion about the rosters: is it possible to make sure that all of the players' ages are also correct? For example, Derek Jeter would be 23 years old at the start of the 1998 season, Griffey would be 28 years old, etc. I've noticed some mods don't change the players' ages to match the correct year of the mod. Thank you, this 1998 mod sounds amazing!

On 8/4/2020 at 6:17 PM, SeattleFan95 said:

A quick suggestion about the rosters: is it possible to make sure that all of the players' ages are also correct? For example, Derek Jeter would be 23 years old at the start of the 1998 season, Griffey would be 28 years old, etc. I've noticed some mods don't change the players' ages to match the correct year of the mod. Thank you, this 1998 mod sounds amazing!

I'm not accounting for this in the total conversion mod, but in the TYWIGGINS tools has a ScheduleChanger tool. That will bring players ages down to what they were in 1998, as long as you set the season properly. I'll put instructions into the mod when the time comes to release it.

19 hours ago, bwburke94 said:

It's just an idea. (Probably a bad one.)

Not a bad idea at all! Thanks for the input. However, I needed the roster slot on the Angels' AAA team to add pitcher Steve Sparks. Plus, Phillips didn't play at all with Anaheim that year. He was signed to the Blue Jays on July 1st and then got traded to the Mets at the trade deadline.

12 minutes ago, BallFour said:

Four days without power. Hoping it comes back tonight. Even if I'm not working on portraits tonight, I want to at least be able to sleep tonight without being jerked away from not being able to breathe in my sleep.

Good luck. My mom is in a retirement community in Avon.  She got power back yesterday morning but then lost it again last night. Eversource called today and they estimate that she won’t get power back until Tuesday!

5 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Good luck. My mom is in a retirement community in Avon.  She got power back yesterday morning but then lost it again last night. Eversource called today and they estimate that she won’t get power back until Tuesday!

Dang. Hope it comes back for her soon. They're working in my area, but still. Eversource dropped the ball on this one.

28 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

I'm sorry to say that I have never been to Connecticut.

It's gorgeous in the fall but ... that's about it. Hahaha. High taxes, shoddy power companies, and pay taxes every year on your car. I'm living in the northwest corner of CT.

13 hours ago, BallFour said:

It's gorgeous in the fall but ... that's about it. Hahaha. High taxes, shoddy power companies, and pay taxes every year on your car. I'm living in the northwest corner of CT.

That's relatively close to me - I'm in southwestern Massachusetts, near Springfield.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 8:33 PM, BallFour said:

...and that's NOT ALL...back even in 1992 when my wife & I went up to see the opening night of hockey at the Boston Garden, they wanted $2.50, I believe, for a peanut & jelly sandwich in a food court in a mall just off of the Massachusetts Turnpike just north of Boston.  When we were up there we couldn't believe the prices.  We just hoped & prayed that the people up there earned more money than we do down here in PA.  I believe if I remember correctly we went up on I81 near Albany, NY, and I remember we just went through the outer edge of Hartford, CT.  We were also hoping to see some trees change color by then but they were still pretty green yet in the first half of October.

Eskie01

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update - I'm nearly finished filling the Free Agent list. I've taken a bunch of guys that were playing overseas in 1998 but were in previous mods (Mostly grabbed from TC94 and MVP07 and MVP12), and they're now in. 

I also did something different with players from the Japan leagues. The players that were signed via the posting system - guys like Kaz Ishii - are signed and attached to the A-level teams that won the posting bids. Guys that were purchased from their Japanese team - guys like Tsuyoshi Shinjo and Alfonso Soriano - are also with the A-level teams that purchased their contracts. Those that signed as amateur free agents are in the Free Agent pool.

3 hours ago, SeattleFan95 said:

Thank you for the update, BallFour! If it's possible, do you have a rough idea for when you'll finish? No pressure though, this Mod is going to be AMAZING!

When he is ready and not before. Only he will know when that time is. He has a job, a home, a wife and a life to attend to and he works on this mod in his spare time. It's coming along though. For someone like me I don't even think about when it is coming out because there are other mods that occupy me until this one is done.

4 hours ago, SeattleFan95 said:

Thank you for the update, BallFour! If it's possible, do you have a rough idea for when you'll finish? No pressure though, this Mod is going to be AMAZING!

No estimate just yet. I'm still working on portraits and I have to adjust the player ratings for many in the free agent list. Then there's the issue with player audio. Sooooo I'm working on it. As Y4L said, my life is pulling me in many different directions, but MVP Baseball 1998 is a labor of love and it will definitely be released in due time.

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned in the chatbox, I've finished stats, attributes, and portraits for MLB and AAA. I'm working on AA portraits now, and I've got historical stats in for everyone on the free agent list too. Right now it's just a matter of getting everything put together. Then I just have to adjust some player audio and do a last lookover. Portraits are what's the most pain right now because I'm editing players so that their picture lines up with what team they're on. When you get lower in the minor leagues, it's tougher.

So I did a little bit of stadium modding tonight. I created Aloha Stadium from a Three Rivers template and I created BC Place in Vancouver from the Metrodome. They're both okay, nothing to write home about but clearly new stadia. But anyway, here's my absolute favorite creation. In 1998, Safeco Field was under construction and well on its way to completion. So, why don't we let you play there too?

safe1.thumb.jpg.3058492818d956b14415b9e0fa93bd5e.jpg

safe2.thumb.jpg.b6909b1afc190004fb2d3cf85b25b1a3.jpg

safe3.thumb.jpg.aa050a6239cc06b867457d7ba6049dad.jpg

I've utilized the old BP collision data mod by mike360 back in 2009. All you need to do is mute the crowd noise yourself and you'll be playing in Safeco Field a year early! I'll be creating Cashman Field in Las Vegas next for the 98 mod.

Archived