BallFour's MVP Baseball 1998

BallFour

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, BallFour said:

So I did a little bit of stadium modding tonight. I created Aloha Stadium from a Three Rivers template and I created BC Place in Vancouver from the Metrodome. They're both okay, nothing to write home about but clearly new stadia. But anyway, here's my absolute favorite creation. In 1998, Safeco Field was under construction and well on its way to completion. So, why don't we let you play there too?

safe1.thumb.jpg.3058492818d956b14415b9e0fa93bd5e.jpg

safe2.thumb.jpg.b6909b1afc190004fb2d3cf85b25b1a3.jpg

safe3.thumb.jpg.aa050a6239cc06b867457d7ba6049dad.jpg

I've utilized the old BP collision data mod by mike360 back in 2009. All you need to do is mute the crowd noise yourself and you'll be playing in Safeco Field a year early! I'll be creating Cashman Field in Las Vegas next for the 98 mod.

Wow, this is absolutely genius! As a lifelong fan of the Mariners, I can't wait to roam CF with Griffey in an unfinished Safeco lol! I assume the Kingdome will still be an available stadium to play in as well?

1 hour ago, SeattleFan95 said:

Wow, this is absolutely genius! As a lifelong fan of the Mariners, I can't wait to roam CF with Griffey in an unfinished Safeco lol! I assume the Kingdome will still be an available stadium to play in as well?

Yup! The Kingdome will be the primary home of the Mariners. The under construction Safeco will be in a Classic Stadium slot.

On 9/18/2020 at 10:28 AM, Yankee4Life said:

I am very anxious to see the Aloha Stadium you are making because I was lucky enough to see games there while I was out there in the service. Since I know you are making it I am sure it’s going to be good.

I'll be honest, I'm not pleased with Aloha. It's just basically Three Rivers without the huge ads on the top of the bleachers. There's no way that I could create the exact placement of the scoreboard and the retractable seating. I tried to use Tropicana, but no luck.

I just went and reworked things. Rather than using Three Rivers or Tropicana, I managed to solve a big problem I was having. With domed stadiums, if you take away their roof and sides, it just looks black because there's no sky in there. So it's almost as if it was missing an alpha image. I just imported a daytime sky from a different stadium and got fantastic results.

I used Olympic Stadium as a base and managed to change things around enough to make it look sort of like Aloha. The empty space where the side scoreboards used to be is designed that way because Aloha Stadium had gaps in the seats due to their retractable nature. I've attached some pics!

aloha1.thumb.jpg.515ccdf07321edfc332f087dbb4d0ed6.jpg

aloha2.thumb.jpg.4205258448266d6e4ac3ba4dfd843bc3.jpg

aloha3.thumb.jpg.2e43b02af54766a38575913043dc1fe7.jpg

Was playing a game at the under construction Safeco and I was having a real issue with depth perception and focus while pitching using the reverse cam while pitching. Too much gray. So because of that, I decided to cave and add seats to the Safeco mod. Still no crowd and there's still a lot of concrete, but I think it'll be a little more user friendly when it comes to pitching. Here's an updated screenshot of the batter's view.

safeco1.thumb.jpg.6f562b8d957effa2ab058e70b7507c2e.jpg

And now, here's the reverse view.

safeco2.thumb.jpg.3e3cce08f1792bc2e7f88ec9bf4b5adf.jpg

All that green area where you see the seats was just a gray that matched the staircases, so yeah. I think it's a little better.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap. I just found the picture of Ken Griffey Jr. taking batting practice at Safeco under construction. I see that there's no grass there yet, so I'm going to remove the grass from the under construction mod and see how that looks. 

5 hours ago, BallFour said:

Holy crap. I just found the picture of Ken Griffey Jr. taking batting practice at Safeco under construction. I see that there's no grass there yet, so I'm going to remove the grass from the under construction mod and see how that looks. 

Wow, sounds awesome! Keep up the good work!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE. I was able to finish an ENTIRE ROSTER OVERHAUL for MVP 1998. And best of all? It works!

I'm just adding statistics and career stats to each player (and removing stats as necessary) and then I have to work on attributes, but we are now back on track! BIG THANKS go out to Gordo for taking a look at my rosters and figuring out what the hell was wrong with them. Turns out I was overfilling the free agent pool, which the game didn't like too much.

18 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Glad to hear it. I recall having issues when the free agent pool was too big. I keep it at 50 players in my mods. 

I have mine currently at 125 and I'm doing alright. I think when I got up around 150-175 is when I started having issues. It's gonna be a fun mod. I've got the free agent pool filled with some All-Stars/Hall of Fame legends that might decide to pull a Jordan/Clemens. I'm not at my PC right now, but I'll try to recite them from memory. Here's a list:

• Brett Butler
  • Todd Worrell
  • Danny Jackson
  • Lee Smith
  • Ozzie Smith
  • Don Mattingly
  • Dave Winfield
  • Kirby Puckett
  • Fernando Valenzuela
  • Eddie Murray
  • Andre Dawson
  • Ryne Sandberg
  • Nolan Ryan
  • Jack Morris (to be added)
  • Goose Gossage (to be added)

Basically, it's anybody that retired in like 95 and was in the TC94 mod, I decided to keep in the game if they were Hall of Fame caliber. 

• 4 weeks later...

Good news! I've finished compiling all the rosters for MVP 98. I just have to add one more player to the free agent pool I overlooked - Francisco "K-Rod" Rodriguez. Once I have him in, everything will be all set. Next comes adjusting all of the attributes. I'm starting with pitchers first, and as of right now, only the Anaheim Angels' pitching staff has correct pitches and attributes.

3 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Just what sabugo said.

He got to the majors in 2002 but was actually signed to a pro contract four years before. You won't see him on a big league roster in this mod.

6 hours ago, sabugo said:

He was signed as a free agent by the Angles in 1998.

Both correct! He was signed as an amateur free agent in September of 1998. I've got him in the free agent list. Also to be added to the list are Wily Mo Pena (of brief Yankees minor league fame) and journeyman catcher Guillermo Quiroz.

Archived