BallFour's MVP Baseball 1998

BallFour

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just providing another update here. Since the rosters are complete, I've now been working on redoing a lot of the uniforms I had previously created. Especially in the minors, I had to rely on a bunch of baseball card photos, but I've recently discovered some newly added pictures of game worn jerseys that will help make things look MUCH better. I've also learned how to better texture the lettering on uniforms thanks to some of the tutorials on the site, so I'm just going through those now. The MLB teams all have complete, gorgeous looking uniforms now, and I'm working on AAA at the moment.

4 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

This guy always find something else to throw into the mod that ends up amazing me even more!!

Thanks! I'll send some screenshots tonight because I'll be on my weekend in 90 minutes. I'm thinking I'll show off my new designs with the very 90s Anaheim Angels facing off against the Buffalo Bisons, since they're the most recent team I refurbished.

• 1 month later...

Still in the process of modeling team uniforms to a more realistic texture. I've finished the Blue Jays' primary jerseys, and now I've just gotta work on their alts/spring training and the throwback powder blue that I'll have them wear as a bonus. 

Also, for Yankee fans, you'll be happy to know that I've included a couple of Yankee alternates that were very rarely worn. They're the 1996 New York Black Yankees Negro League throwback uniforms and a home uniform from 1913, before they introduced pinstripes. Since there were no numbers on the jersey back then, I've added McAuliffe numbers that the Yankees wore in the 30s and 40s, as evidenced by this picture of Babe Ruth on the day the Yankees retired his number.

image.thumb.jpg.638b0c084bd7280ee5270c3bf8cb208e.jpg

A new preview, this time of two flavors of Old Milwaukee. The 1958 Braves and the 1978 Brewers. The Brewers actually played a game wearing the '58 Braves unis... against the Atlanta Braves, who wore 1958 road uniforms to mark the occasion. Here's a look at two John Jahas showing off the details. And yes, that's a zipper front on the Braves jersey!

milw.thumb.png.32eb8aa7dffc3eb1d5ffb774550a97dc.png

Those look very nice.  If you are looking for more retro uniforms, you should check out dennisjames71's uniforms in the following TC mods:

• TC1915
  • TC1927
  • TC1934, TC1939
  • TC1941, TC1946, TC1948
  • TC1951, TC1956, TC1958
  • TC1971, TC1974, TC1975, TC1976, TC1977, TC1978, TC1979
  • TC1984
  • TC1993, TC1997

4 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Those look very nice.  If you are looking for more retro uniforms, you should check out dennisjames71's uniforms in the following TC mods:

• TC1915
  • TC1927
  • TC1934, TC1939
  • TC1941, TC1946, TC1948
  • TC1951, TC1956, TC1958
  • TC1971, TC1974, TC1975, TC1976, TC1977, TC1978, TC1979
  • TC1984
  • TC1993, TC1997

Awesome, thanks!

Finished everything on the MLB side except the NL East. I'm limiting each team to 8 uniforms due to crashing I'm still experiencing on the uni select screen. So the only team that won't have a throwback is the Mets, because they have 4 different jerseys they wear at home, 2 for the road, and then the two spring training jerseys.

• 2 weeks later...

Banged out a new stadium mod tonight, but rather than keep you waiting for it, I've uploaded it so that you all can play in a new minor league park if you desire. It's Dodd Stadium, former home of the Norwich Navigators. The Navigators were the Yankees AA affiliate from 1995-2003.

rightfield.thumb.jpg.258b574bd624e091a8d0b6de5f96add1.jpg

3 hours ago, mvp91 said:

Amazing work on Dodd Stadium. Lived closed by and went to a ton of Navigators games. Please tell me you did the stadium for the New haven ravens!?

I was thinking about doing Yale Field. I just need to find a good base stadium. Bodhiball/createbaseball has some amazing minor league parks that could be used as a base. Just gotta find one that will let me do everything I can to make an accurate Yale Field.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there everybody. I'm working on Minor League logos now, and I was wondering if anybody has a copy of MVP Baseball 2004. I specifically need a logo for the El Paso Diablos. If you can just send it to me directly in a message, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Bo knows who's in the free agent pool in MVP 98! Hey, if Roger Clemens can opt to come back whenever he wants, here's Bo Jackson and Donnie Baseball back in the game as free agents. I've assigned Mattingly's second position to be DH, since he's probably past his prime as a 1B.

image.thumb.png.346459469de064fb329fdee3ab9e0d6b.png

Archived