Embedding videos from YouTube, Vimeo, etc.

Gordo

Recently I've tried to embed from both YouTube and Vimeo with varied success.  Seems like no rhyme or reason.  Both sites provide the html type code, but that doesn't seem to work.  You can choose the "insert image" as these are not images.  Only the URL remains and it simply doesn't seem to embed.  Any thoughts?

I'm not sure what's going on with YouTube then.  I clearly have this set to embed.  I'm clicking on the link command above (the one between the strikeout command and the quote command), pasting in the YouTube URL and it's not embedding.  What am I missing?  I know this has worked before.

2.thumb.JPG.7216446b653a30eddad0b97bd14e885e.JPG

With Vimeo, there's even less in terms of options.  I swear on the one recent Vimeo vid I did embed I didn't really do all that much.  I just inserted the URL.

Capture.thumb.JPG.ce483a72b78f6e2695ae610e41d8d35f.JPG

Yes, it did that before.  Went back to the given threads and simply put in the URL.  Worked this time!

I don't know... doesn't always seem straight up.  If we can do this then why have the link option in the message box?  Thanks for the help.

Archived