Jump to content
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Trues

Site Maintenance (updated 5/11/18)

Recommended Posts

I was extremely close to pulling the plug on this site. Yes, it was that bad. At least 15 hours a day for 7 straight days of non-stop FAIL! and then this morning... it came to me and voila!  Don't ask.

 

It didn't come without casualties however. Just pretend it's like 4/19 because that's the latest backup that actually worked. So, we're missing a few weeks of whatever. It's better than nothing I guess.

 

If you run into any issues, please post it in this thread.

 

Thanks and welcome back.

 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

From the chatbox: 

 

i'm running into an issue where I can't access the BallFour name and the email address associated with it is saying that I need to create a new username. So I'm pretty much locked out for now. Thanks for helping out though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trues thanks!!!   I really appreciate your effort and time dedicated to this site.

 

Thanks again 👍🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the search function isn't allowing you to search by category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BallFour said:

Looks like the search function isn't allowing you to search by category.

 

Ok, thanks. I still have to update the theme so hopefully that'll take care of that. I'll post back here when that's complete. It may not be until tomorrow though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trues said:

 

Ok, thanks. I still have to update the theme so hopefully that'll take care of that. I'll post back here when that's complete. It may not be until tomorrow though.

Probably related, the downloads area isn't sorted by sub-categories either for each game. But, of course, when you get time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the sidebars on the right side have now disappeared as well. Hooray!

 

EDIT: It appears that when I'm not logged in, the sidebar shows up just fine. But when I log in, I'm not able to see it.

 

EDIT 2: It's an issue with the MVP 18 theme. Switch to True Blue and the sidebars will show up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Trues said:

I was extremely close to pulling the plug on this site. Yes, it was that bad. At least 15 hours a day for 7 straight days of non-stop FAIL! and then this morning... it came to me and voila!  Don't ask.

 

It didn't come without casualties however. Just pretend it's like 4/19 because that's the latest backup that actually worked. So, we're missing a few weeks of whatever. It's better than nothing I guess.

 

If you run into any issues, please post it in this thread.

 

Thanks and welcome back.

 

Mike

 

You did a hell of a job. When we were down this long I knew that it was something very serious. In the past when we have been down it has only been for a manageable number of hours.

 

I don't know what I could have done to help here but if you need any kind of help I am here during the day as you know. Good work Trues!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the hard work I'm extremely happy the site is back up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just testing this. None of the forums are working for me. This is a screen cap of what I see.

 

EDIT: looks like it was an issue with the theme. I switched to the True Blue theme and can now see the forums. Though there was no way to know that since I couldn't see the forums. Please tell other members in the chat box for now.

 

Capture.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the hard work and dedication.  I think these games still have some years of life left in them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for the kind words and feedback. I'll continue working and hopefully get everything back to normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

 the downloads are all there. the catch guys you iyou cant be login. you must logout and find it that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mcoll86 said:

 the downloads are all there. the catch guys you iyou cant be login. you must logout and find it that way.

 

Actually, the problem is with the theme. When you're logged out, the default for the site is True Blue. When logged in, it's whatever your preference is. In order to see the downloads, just load the True Blue theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at the bottom of the site. There's a spot where it says Theme. Just hit the triangle and select a different them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...