.dds supported programs

mcoll

what photo editing programs are there that good i can use that support import and export of .dds format. that not Photoshop. from what i can tell the current version does not support that format. or at leas the right type of .dds.

if im wrong let me know, or what i could use please.

that works for older versions, but the current version is photoshop cc  does not handle it, that i know of.

that not the point! saying that doesnt help out. googling something desont help alot to say, since that will produce a tone links and one doesnt know what ones to trust and know is the right one to go to!

some good news some bad.

good is i got the plungin where they need to be for cc, and can open .dds files. i dont there a problem there the problem i do have is when i went to try a save, the save options are totally differnent as there listed differntly when in use for cc vs cs6, so i dont know if there is a setting that is usable  at this point. 

1 hour ago, blindguy said:

i use Gimp and download the DDS plugin to it. its free and it work perfect for portraits

Actually my cs2 is buggy and wondering if Gimp would be better and easier for MVP portraits.  I'll have to check it out.  Thanks for mentioning.

what im doing for the time being use, until i find if there is a right setting for us using cc, is do my work in cc, save it as a psd, then go over to paint.net finish and save the final work there. its not the best solution, but it does work. i tried imp and its just to wok-word for me.  

14 minutes ago, mcoll said:

what im doing for the time being use, until i find if there is a right setting for us using cc, is do my work in cc, save it as a psd, then go over to paint.net finish and save the final work there. its not the best solution, but it does work. i tried imp and its just to wok-word for me.  

Did you look at / consider the DXTBmp program?

that the next step for me

im working with trying to figure it out. i see how it opens gets its the program i want work with and that wher im at. im not sure about what need to save yet and ill get to the program and figure the rest yet, but i will

the xttbmp tool is work nicely once i went threw it a couple times. begin that and cc i should be good. i can always go to [aint.net if need be.

• 1 month later...

Archived