Can't simulate season in MVP 17

slateman

What will help more is telling us how you got your specific current state of MVP 05 from its initial install to today. Most if not all problems with added on mods have to do with something along the way not working well. Aside from that, and forgive me if you know this, but the fact that a mod is found here does not necessarily mean it is endorsed or even known by anyone here who knows how to mod things. People put things here that even come from other communities that have different criteria for whether something is or isn't good enough to be released.

Anyway, you'll have to paint a picture of exactly what your MVP install is and how you got it to where it is today. The problem is probably somewhere therein.

3 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

What will help more is telling us how you got your specific current state of MVP 05 from its initial install to today. Most if not all problems with added on mods have to do with something along the way not working well. Aside from that, and forgive me if you know this, but the fact that a mod is found here does not necessarily mean it is endorsed or even known by anyone here who knows how to mod things. People put things here that even come from other communities that have different criteria for whether something is or isn't good enough to be released.

Anyway, you'll have to paint a picture of exactly what your MVP install is and how you got it to where it is today. The problem is probably somewhere therein.

Uh .... downloaded MVP 17 from this site and ran it. Not really sure what you mean by paint a picture.

9 minutes ago, slateman said:

Uh .... downloaded MVP 17 from this site and ran it. Not really sure what you mean by paint a picture.

Like you were told, you need to go to Mvp Caribe for support and questions about this mod. They are the ones who made it. It is free to join that site and I hope you are well versed in Spanish.

1 hour ago, slateman said:

He is asking you to list everything you did before and after installing the Mod. 

2 hours ago, slateman said:

Ok, let me explain, and I mean this with absolutely no attitude, despite the fact that my direct tone may sound sarcastic. Just trying to be thorough...

There are some very nice people here who make this place work. Very nice. Like, so nice that I even hate some of the teams they cheer for and I still think they're nice. 😉 And if they weren't willing to help others out, I wouldn't know how to do ANY of the things I can now do with MVP and 2K and I know like 10% of what can be done in those games. The point is, an unwillingness to help isn't the problem here. So, with that ruled out...

If you say, "I have MVP17, it crashes." Nothing wrong with asking a question but it's like calling a mechanic and saying, "Hey, I can't drive out of this mud, what am I doing wrong?".

Ok. These are the things that impede anyone's ability to help you...

1. How you installed the game and what you've done after installing the game to modify it. (what I meant by "painting a picture")

2. There are two mods labelled MVP 17, which one are you talking about?

3. One download actually says "Any mistake you see or notice tell me, although I do not think I have an error because I did it in the best way ..." , did you try to ask them? They told you in their post to contact them for problems.

4. Nothing about either download looks in any way like most of the downloads offered here by the regular contributors, the user barely has any participation in the forum, which should signal to you that they probably aren't a regular member or contributor. You might say, "Well, how the hell am I supposed to know what things are and aren't made by reliable people? That's unreasonable."

You've been registered here since 2006. So, I think the reaction you're getting is based on the fact that having been here for over a decade, your question is strange because it suggests that you don't interact much here. Somehow you don't know that anyone can dump anything in here and it doesn't mean people will know about it other than the person that made it. And the problem is that if you frequented this site, conversed, contributed reviews and opinions, chatted with the people here, you'd know in a short amount of time what is and isn't worth downloading. And you'd also get to know some of the people around here that provide a lot of the stuff that is downloadable for free. And even if that WASN'T your cup of tea, because let's say you don't like interacting much, then you still had the option to look through the downloads, search by contributor names, try different downloads on your own, etc.

28 minutes ago, slateman said:

This one:

Downloaded

Unzipped

Double clicked on executable

Well, you'll have to contact junior1617 then. I'm sorry, I can't help you. He made it and says it works, and others who have gotten it say the same. Somewhere between there and where you are is the problem.

I've never tried this mod, however, did you install it on top of an existing install of MVP 2005 or did you just install the mod by itself and try to start it up?

Does the mod include a full installation of MVP 2005?

9 hours ago, Jim825 said:

I've never tried this mod, however, did you install it on top of an existing install of MVP 2005 or did you just install the mod by itself and try to start it up?

Does the mod include a full installation of MVP 2005?

By itself and started it up.

If the mod includes a full installation of the game, as it appears this does, them we can't provide help, as it would mean that we are supporting illegal distributions of the game. This is against MVPMods rules. 

As someone else suggested, if you want help, contact the person who submitted the mod. 

Jim I am going to go ahead and lock this thing because there's nothing more to talk about. You and tinpanalley answered all the necessary questions including the big one that we do not support illegal distributions of the game. I'll unlock it if you see fit.

Archived