So, about a possible revival of MVP Baseball...

Kccitystar

21 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Very true. EA shot themselves in the foot here. Now is this NFL 2k5 game you are talking about for the X box? If so, I got that game and I know exactly what you mean. It's fantastic and plays well even after all this time.🙄

And, there are rosters. Let me know if you're interested.

19 hours ago, Gordo said:

I think they'd be foolish not to use some of the great talent found right here.

I just hope if they do it, they will make it a mod friendly game. I would really look forward to what the local modding legends could do with it!

It would be great to think that games would make themselves as open as Pro Evolution Soccer, but I find it unlikely. I can't remember where it was that I read this but apparently one of the reasons Madden doesn't offer the ability to modify uniform colours is because the NFL has it as a condition of the license that the game won't permit people to modify the official uniform colours. And supposedly that's because they don't want to see their trademarked teams showing up on Youtube in modified form.
I worked for an internet startup once that dealt with offering online content on browser toolbars and we got a 15-page PDF from the NFL about what we could and couldn't do when referencing the NFL in our app without a license. One page -- one entire page -- was on variations of phrases referencing the Super Bowl that were off limits. No joke. "the big game" was as close as we could get to referencing the Super Bowl. Now I write Super Bowl whenever I want because they can't ever stop me again from writing Super Bowl so I say Super Bowl as often as I like.

Super Bowl.
......Super.......Bowl.

Archived