MVP BaseUp! 2018 End of Season Rosters

Gordo

Hey all... as amazing as it seems, it's about that time of the year again. Amazing to think there's only about 30 games left in the season at this juncture.

I'm going to start working on end of season rosters early this year.   Since these rosters are always a build from the previous season(s) it will take a little time to get in the proper personnel (usually players who have given the most service during the year) with some exceptions for high level/all-star type players who have been traded late (e.g., Wilson Ramos).j

I can tell already some players are gonna be tough to know where to place.  And some teams are gonna have 13 vs. 12 pitchers.  The good thing is that if a player is wanting to be switched, he'll basically be available at the minor league over to send up, though it'll be tough for you who to decide to send down.

EXCELLENT JOB ON ALL YOUR ROSTERS GORDO. AHVE DOWNLOADED EVERY ONE THIS YEAR. CANT WAIT FOR THIS ONE. P.S. I ECHO YOUR FRUSTRATION ON JOSE BAUTISTA. NOT SURE WHAT THE PHILS ARE DOING WITH SOME OF THESE DEALS. I MEAN I KNOW ITS ANOTHER BAT BUT WTF HES HITTIN 196 LOL

• 3 weeks later...

About 2/3rds done with pitcher control tweaks;  finding new jersey numbers along the way, but I'm sure there are some that are still wrong.  Minimally, I'll make sure there are no duplicates on each team.

After that just going to look at the extreme ends of batting stats for players on each team and tweak them as well.  Maybe glance through speed numbers just to be sure.

Just added a pack o' mugs to go with your rosters in the d/l section to .  They haven't been tested, some might not be up to snuff so you might want to backup your files.

*** Neil Walker has not been redone (couldn't find a better source file)

Bryan Mitchell (not sure I could improve him, he's just a naturally skinny bastard)

Cheers

Everything updated except for batter's main attributes.  Only going to do the extremes on the teams (top 3 and bottom 3 batting averages on each team).  Shouldn't be long until 2nd and final version of End of Season rosters are done.

Schordese:   As far as Bryan Mitchell, does the attachment help at all?  (You can always tell the proportions by the hat logos, it seems).  For Kennedy, I'm just going to change his ID no. to the San Diego general team logo, since those portraits were put back into use earlier.

Thanks so much again!

Bryan Mitchell.png

Well, I decided to use TiT to install some portraits. I usually install them individually with bigGUI but I thought I'd try it out. I don't know what the hell happened but it screwed up my portrait.big file and reduced it to a 17 Mb file and now I get this message:

error: Entry 0 has a invalid offset/length description in C:\MVP17\data\frontend\portrait.big

Naturally, amid all my backed up files, portrait.big was NOT one of them.   sonova*^&*# !!!

7 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

Fantastic rosters, unparalleled quality and detail. Makes playing the game even more worthwhile.

Thank you!!

Thanks a lot man .... you're going to like version 2 even more.  During the winter I'll probably look more closely at actual pitching styles as I got lazy about those when making new pitchers.  I think there's too many guys with an overhead windup.

33 minutes ago, Schordese said:

Well, I decided to use TiT to install some portraits. I usually install them individually with bigGUI but I thought I'd try it out. I don't know what the hell happened but it screwed up my portrait.big file and reduced it to a 17 Mb file and now I get this message:

error: Entry 0 has a invalid offset/length description in C:\MVP17\data\frontend\portrait.big

Naturally, amid all my backed up files, portrait.big was NOT one of them.   sonova*^&*# !!!

I got you on this.  Check your PM then.  Gimme a while to upload the file to Mediafire.

I also found out that the game doesn't like when you rebuild that file using bigGUI, like it does the models.big file.  Instant crash.

Thanks Gordo, in a fit of rage I deleted my MVP18 folder <idiot!>

Don't worry about the portrait.big file, I'll just download your latest rosters and update the portraits , I still got all of them backed up so it should be fine.

This game has the ability to infuriate me just as much when I'm playing it as when I'm NOT playing it... :diablo:

Yes, sorry about that.

As for Kennedy, remember his new ID is 0613 , I think he's listed as 0605 on your roster set. Just switch the number and his mug should pop up. I'll include the zip file in case it hasn't installed properly

Here's the ID thread

https://www.mvpmods.com/forums/topic/53068-player-id-list/?do=findComment&comment=676581

And for the record, I haven't indulged in KFC in over 15 years, there aren't any where I live (that's probably a good thing...:bad:)

Brett Kennedy.zip

Archived