MVPedit question.?

Vader

Hi

I was trying to redo the roster I currently have for MVP2005..I download MVP edit and tried the import option, but for some reason it is only giving me the option for mbe files it will not see the dat files even though it is in the proper place...I put the MVPedit program in the same file as the MVP2005 but still the same problem..Then I uninstalled it and put it in a separate drive and still the same issue.

I tried a search but no one seems to have had the same problem...Any ideas as to why MVPedit will not let me import the roster.dat file and will only ask for mbe file..???

Thanks

You can't import only the roster.dat file... you have to import all 19 .dat files.  That's why it points to a folder where those 19 .dat files reside (it doesn't matter where they are, as long as they are all together and in a folder).  Then, those 19.dat files become the .mbe file, whatever you decide to name it.

You can't import an .mbe file.  It's a complete file.  You can open it, rename it, delete it, but you can't import it.  Might help if you show some screen shots.

Untitled.thumb.png.7c64e5085171f9b93d76580349e9f068.png

Hi Gordo

My problem is that even though the .dat files are there MVPEdit doesn`t see them..when I go into the data/database folder it is empty and in the drop down menu at the bottom it only shows.mbe file..

Hi Gordo

It is telling me that there are no files to match and it is only giving me the option of .mbe files...when asking what to open...Even though the all the .dat files are in the database folder..

I understand what you're saying. Just click "open", select your data/database folder and in the entry bar at the bottom, enter ".dat" . 

Don't forget the dot. All your .dat files will be imported succesfully. Then you can save it as an .mbe file.

I think I see your problem. You're trying to import the initial stats from a clean install of MVP Baseball 2005, if I'm not mistaken. If that's the case, you don't want to use file or open. You want to click Import.

After you click the "Import" button, select your database folder and then click OK. A new window will appear. You'll have to give a name to this roster. I just usually enter "default" or something like that. Then click "Save". Once you do that, you should have a .mbe file, which is your editable file.

Once you've made changes that you want to save, click the "Export" button at the top, select your database folder, and click OK. It will ask if you want to overwrite the file. Choose OK one more time and your new changes will be in the game.

Archived