2019 BaseUp! Rosters

Gordo

Putting out the early word for BaseUp! Rosters coming out this Spring.  I've already updated pitching deliveries so that not so many pitchers use the overhead wind up any longer.  Next, I'm working on prominent players getting an update concerning fielding.  Using a min. of 650 inns. played criteria.

If anyone can think of anything else that needs updating, please post here and if feasible I'll do what I can.

1 hour ago, LetsGoFish2015 said:

Numbers

6, 23, 49, 387 . . .

2 hours ago, Gordo said:

Putting out the early word for BaseUp! Rosters coming out this Spring.  I've already updated pitching deliveries so that not so many pitchers use the overhead wind up any longer.  Next, I'm working on prominent players getting an update concerning fielding.  Using a min. of 650 inns. played criteria.

If anyone can think of anything else that needs updating, please post here and if feasible I'll do what I can.

What day and what time will they be released? 

I figured I'd be the first to ask, since you know you will be getting those questions soon.  :D

2 hours ago, Jim825 said:

6, 23, 49, 387 . . .

Hike!

2 hours ago, Jim825 said:

I figured I'd be the first to ask, since you know you will be getting those questions soon.  :D

i wanted to be the one who said that but I was not here this afternoon because I got a haircut. Maybe I can be the first one to send him a PM about this! 😀

7 hours ago, Jim825 said:

It will be the 5th week following the 2nd odd Tuesday in April, if the vernal equinox is in full swing.  I'm thinking April 37th.

In all honesty though I'd like to have them ready for day before opening day or day of.  No Spring Training rosters this year.  It's too much of a pain in the ass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only 9 teams to go and it's not even March yet.  So this will be very doable.  Only thing that will get in the way of opening day rosters will be a lot of pitchers being moved up from minor leagues who need last minute adjustments.

As always, if there is a major injury (60 day DL or other), that player slated for normally being on the MLB rosters will be moved to Single A and available to move by anyone if so desired.

Since this is MLB only, there are no considerations given to salaries.  Sorry.

On 2/24/2019 at 9:58 AM, Gordo said:

Only 9 teams to go and it's not even March yet.  So this will be very doable...Since this is MLB only, there are no considerations given to salaries.  Sorry.

Absolutely more than acceptable and incredibly appreciated. This is definitely the year I do ONLY MVP for my current non-classics season.

Thanks for the compliments.

All MLB level pitchers are updated with pitch types, speeds, trajectories, controls.  Starting to fill out and balance teams (up to CIN) and clearly will need to create a few position players and pitchers if they make the opening day rosters.  Mainly using Roster Resource site for now.

The Pitcherlist site has been fantastic for straightening out a lot of deliveries.  I'm sure there are some I missed, but it's really a great site for analysis as well.

Thanks for the compliment.

Up to San Diego at this point.  Having to comb through all the teams attempt to give generic faces "true" bears since BallFour made that great mod now.  It's funny how subtle things can make a difference when you're playing.  Of course, I'm sure there have been changes in the off-season for many of these players.  Trying to catch the jersey changes as I go, and I'm sure that I'll miss some here and there, but minimally will make sure there are no duplicate numbers.  Some transaction players still don't seem to have a jersey number assigned.

"Opening Day" rosters will have a qualifier as I've always had in that if there are key players with minor injuries forcing them to miss opening day, but should be back with the team sometime within April, they'll be included in place of someone who probably wouldn't be there.  Many teams are listing 8 relievers vs. the customary 7 more and more, I've noticed.  The R5 guys are the big question marks.  You see them listed but many times they don't stay or don't even make the opening day roster.  It's a weird rule.

Addendum:  finished the first "comb through" of all the teams.  Had to tweak still a bunch of pitchers as they were not included in the MLB end of season from last year and have switched teams and are slated for opening day.  Still have new players to create for many of the teams, but going to wait until closer to opening day to make sure they will actually be on the roster, mainly pitchers.

Update:  All teams are "settled" with 25 man rosters.  Of course, last minute changes can happen.  Many new pitchers created and some position players.  The one position that might not be completely correct is the LRP.  That position changes like the wind anyway throughout the season.

Mainly need to balance all the minor league squads so that the roster can be exported.  Again, this is NOT a minor league roster as well.  As time goes on as I'm not creating strictly minor league players, you're going to see more and more "Placeholder" players on squads.

klk wawawa!!!!!

Pretty sure rosters can be released this weekend.  Probably will be on Sunday 3/24, only 4 days shy of opening day.  This will give guys a chance to test it and give feedback for any tweaks needed.  Again, guys on shorter IRL's will be on the roster if they were slated to be there.

There will definitely be a final update for the Start of Season rosters.  Since I released the first edition there's already been a great number of moves and new players coming up to the MLB level (therefore players created as best as possible).   If anything would be a bit out of order it would be the LRP position on some teams.  These Rule 5 players are killing me.  You end up creating them and next thing you know they're returned to their original team and won't be at the MLB level, possibly ever.

See you guys Wednesday evening!

Must have been a typo for Archie Bradley's 2 seamer.  It should be set to 94.  You can change directly in the associated .dat file if you know what you're doing in those files or edit in game and save the roster in game.

Archived