Official MVP Baseball 2005 Updated Rosters for Original Xbox 2019

bagwell4ever

Okay,  for unmodded Xbox users, I'm going to need some help from people who are savvy with Xbox modding to find the .ros file from the MVP Baseball 2005 directory.  I cannot find where the .ros file that is saved.  I'm currently using the UnleashX dashboard and call myself searching forever to find where that file might be located but to no avail.  Once we can find that file, unmodded users should be able to use an Action Replay to load these new rosters.  My A/R is no longer working but when Kraw was releasing the .ros file for unmodded Xbox users, it was a piece of cake to install and play.  I'm not sure if Dynasty/Owner modes are playable as it's been a while.  But, I believe I remember the season freezing/crashing during the first or second week of April.  I never had any problems with Exhibition games though.

With a modded Xbox, you also use DylanBradbury's wonderful schedules he's made during the years.  I have all of those from I believe 2012 til 2019.  I interchange them time to time for some schedule variety.  To use these, all you have to do is overwrite the schedule.dat file in the Database directory.

I also have the player portraits that have been converted from PC to XBox.  The file is portrait.big and goes in the FrontEnd folder, and it's is huuuuuuge.  So, if someone is wanting that, that file will definitely have to be broken down into several .rar files because of its size.

For other modifications I've used, I believe I'm still using the BatDitty (walk-up music) file found somewhere here in the downloads section.  I also use the updated uniforms file found around the download section.  If you're having a hard time finding them, I can send those to you if needed.

Bagwell4ever,

One word, sweetness!!!

Would definitely be interested in the player portraits. That’s the icing on top to your rosters.

I am looking forward to booting up your good work here and giving it a spin this weekend. I will give you some feedback soon.

I have a modded Xbox but years ago didn’t and used an AR to load updated rosters. When I have a moment this weekend I will check out your .ros question and see if I can jog my memory for you for those that have a regular Xbox.

Thanks again for your hard work!

1 hour ago, TA42 said:

Bagwell4ever,

One word, sweetness!!!

Would definitely be interested in the player portraits. That’s the icing on top to your rosters.

I am looking forward to booting up your good work here and giving it a spin this weekend. I will give you some feedback soon.

I have a modded Xbox but years ago didn’t and used an AR to load updated rosters. When I have a moment this weekend I will check out your .ros question and see if I can jog my memory for you for those that have a regular Xbox.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Thanks for the kind words, brother.  Hope you enjoy them!  Yes, that will be very helpful for us and to the non-modded Xbox users.  Keep in touch!

-Mike

Here's some more tidbits from my playing experience:

It may sound crazy, but I still play on an old school 20 inch flat screen CRT.  I've tried playing on HD televisions, but I find the lag when timing my pitching and hitting too unbearable.

Sliders:  I've had these written down on my notepad.exe for the longest that I forgot what each one stand for so just fix each slider from top to bottom inputting these numbers.

MVP Difficulty:

My rosters are followed closely to Gordo's (Lord, Bless that man!).  A millions thanks to him.  I normally play fantasy seasons doing random drafts.  I enable errors, injuries (MLB only), CPU initiated fair trades, and DH for both leagues.  Since I do use DH in both leagues, I've set all pitchers to a 10/10 Contact/Power rating.  That may bother people, but one day I may go adjust those according to Mr. Gordo's numbers.

More to come later...

Bagwell4ever,

No luck on finding the .ros file, are you convinced it appears somewhere in the directory? I will keep looking this weekend.

I had a different thought though. I have an Action Replay ordered and on the way just for this purpose. I can FTP over to my Xbox your rosters and then create a (roster) save file that I could upload/download back onto the site and share on here for our users that have just a regular Xbox. What do you think?

When you get the chance, if you can provide the portraits, I will include that in my FTP and can include that onto the roster save file that I can share back here for other interested users.

• 2 months later...

I'll upload the the portraits for XBox users tomorrow.  I believe I have portraits now for every one in the game, but please remember that some of them are older when they were with teams prior to the teams they're with today.

7 hours ago, kevinw89 said:

I've got a modded Xbox and I'm trying to find the folder in UDATA where I'd overwrite these files. Can anyone help me out?

Please explain exactly what you are trying to do.  Are you wanting the files to update your rosters?

On 6/9/2019 at 1:16 AM, bagwell4ever said:

I'll upload the the portraits for XBox users tomorrow.  I believe I have portraits now for every one in the game, but please remember that some of them are older when they were with teams prior to the teams they're with today.

Great. Looking forward to it.

Portraits won't transfer for unmodded. You'll have to FTP that file from your computer. For the rosters... you have to FTP the .DAT files over as well. Once someone, who has an Action Replay, does a roster save on their console, that's when they could take it out of their UDATA folder and upload it for those with unmodded. With those .DAT files, i forget if they are 18, 19, or 20 of them. All but one goes into the same folder. It's been a while since I gave this some thought, but you can search some old forums on it. I had some stuff in there. Gordo and KyleB were the guys for this. I know theyve been out of the console "game" for a while. Search the forums and you can find a lot. 

Archived