Ultimate Roster Project (PC,Xbox,PS2)

llcmac

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back from my vacation guys. I had a great time in Boston and DMB kicked *** (as usual). They actually did Sweet Caroline on Night 2 and if you want to hear it, you can download it here by right-clicking the download button http://homepage.mac.com/mattkuhn/FileSharing13.html

Thanks for the 41 e-mails and 8 PM's you guys sent me while I was away. I haven't had time to check out what you guys posted in the thread or e-mailed me yet. Replied to the pm's 5 minutes ago. I'm actually heading to bed for a few hours now so I'll talk to you guys later.

Yeah, it was a really nice city. Walking into Fenway for the first time in my life as a Red Sox fan was something that I'll never forget either :wink:

Yeah...i never got that feeling when I walked into Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium...even with all its history.

Now Turner Field...that was different.

Check your PMs Totte.

vinnyxgunz, are you talking about a specific rating, or overall?

just contact and power ratings. and i know mauer has 93 contact vs R but he can hit lefties too. i love the kid - he is on my fantasy team and he is batting what .378? just thought he might get a boosted contact raiting. he's batting .386 vs R and .361 vs L and this is his first year injury-free and showing he deserved that first overall pick. i took a lot of time going through each player ratings and then looking at their season stats, splits, and 3-year stats so i hope my contribution will be applied.

These updated ratings are based on a formula using the last 3 years stats so it's accurate going into the '06 season. It does not account for player progression made after the season and early into this season. Rios also needs to be way tweaked as this year's stats are way beyond his previous years. He's already eclipsed his career total in homers this season and is close to his RBI total. His career was about 1 1/2 seasons before this year but he never got really regular playing time until this year.

nick swisher +

frank thomas -

pat burrell +

mike lieberthal -

chase utley +

ryan howard +

mike piazza +

dave roberts +

josh bard +

barry bonds -

lance niekro -

raul ibanez +

ichiro +

jim edmonds -

hector luna +

albert pujols +

carl crawford +

jonny gomes +

julio lugo +

mark derosa +

gary matthews jr +

troy glaus +

reed johnson +

alex rios +

vernon wells +

greg zaun +

nick johnson +

alfonso soriano +

ryan zimmerman +

that's the second set of teams. i think now that the first half is over the first half stats should definatly be incorporated in the formula. maybe 2004, 2005, and 2006 all weighed equally? it upsets me to see like brian mccann 55/58 and 50/52 when the guy is probably IMO the best catcher in the NL. i understand not wanting to use this seasons stats but now that we are at the midpoint it's the perfect time to do it. and then at the end of the year do it again for 2007.

yeah but think about it this way.. typically you will start a new season for '06 if you have a dynasty with this team

that is true, but you're a jays fan - doesn't it upset you a little to see guys like alex rios have the ratings he has in the game when he is an injured all-star this year? reed johnson is leading your team in average and he doesn't have good contact numbers. glaus and vernon wells are killing the ball and they are only decent players in the game. i may be biased because i exclusively play exhibition games human vs human and ratings are the single most important thing, but i would really like to see first half stats incorporated in ratings and weigh in significantly like i said maybe 2004, 2005, and 2006 combined averages.

Yeah but I just manually adjust them.. Johnson is a bench player anyway he has never been able to do that consistently being an everyday player in his career... the problem with incorporating '06 stats into it is that it's not a complete season if a guy is off to a real hot start then it might be an aberration the same goes for a guy off to a slow start. Also what happens if someone is on the DL and missed most of the season and their ratings get dropped because of it

well that's why it was just a suggestion. some will like itm while some won't. some players i listed are obvious (mccann, beltran, dye, carlos lee etc) and some not (reed johnson, mauer, crede etc) all i'm asking is that someone just looks at the players i listed and decide whether or not to do something about their ratings based on past years this year potential etc.

quick little update.

Ryan Norwood on Daytona Cubs

I think the skintone was correct but face was 915 i believe which made him black and he's not. He bats right and throws left, not the other way.

Greg Bunn on Potomac Nationals

# needs to be changed to 32. Pitches needs to be low 90's fastball, good curve, and a 2-seam FB and Changeup that are works in progress. Maybe make their control 10-15 lower than the 4-seam and curve.

Sam Narron in Brewer's Org.

from Brewerfan.net

Despite his size (6-foot-7, 200 pounds), Narron is armed with only a mid-to-high-80s fastball and therefore relies more on location than stuff. His best pitch is an overhand curveball but his arsenal also includes a changeup and cutter.

I can't find the velocity of these pitches so you could just ignore it or just make reasonable adjustments to the pitches.

Thanks for the roster BTW, I think they're excellent!

I dont know how everybody else would feel about this but if you wouldnt mind totte caould you wait to do the rosters until the day after the trade deadline? Tha way you would have everybody on their correct and final teams for the year and you could add all the called up rookies portraits with their MLB hats rather than their AAA hats. Just a thought!

Well, the portraits would remain the same because they wouldn't get new hi-res pictures once the get called up, I'm pretty sure. Also, I think Hory does most of the portrait stuff, while Totte does the rosters.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Yeah, it was a really nice city. Walking into Fenway for the first time in my life as a Red Sox fan was something that I'll never forget either :wink:

Im taking the wife to Fenway this Fri to see the Sox v A's.

Im as excited as you can get and being from DownUnder it is about as far as you can get.. :)

Archived