Ultimate Roster Project (PC,Xbox,PS2)

llcmac

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to hear man. What are you eventually shooting for on these rosters? Will you first try to get all the Majors done and start making top prospects? Or move on the AAA, or just every so often update the majors to keep them to date.

Good to hear man. What are you eventually shooting for on these rosters? Will you first try to get all the Majors done and start making top prospects? Or move on the AAA, or just every so often update the majors to keep them to date.

right now its more of a get the Majors done, top prospects, and put in whichever CAPs the public want. Then we'll move onto the minors

llcmac, i just posted a roster template that may help you with you roster quest. feel free use it in any way that will help your roster.

Thank you, That will be helpful in making our rosters as accurate as possible.

Guys, we could probably knock out the minors pretty quickly if assigned the teams to various parties. First, we'd have to agree on some basic rating criteria. Then, we could simply each take a team, complete all 3 AAA, AA, and A affiliates, and use the "Export Players" feature in MVP Edit to send on a team-by-team basis to LLCMAC. I'd try to avoid having guys rate their "own" teams, since its hard to be objective that way.

Quick question: where can I find the audio/photo identifier for the minor leaguers? Is there some master record where "all" players are mapped? For instance, I see Erick Aybar has a audio/photo id of "6001" in DMZ's default roster set. Where does that "6001" number originate?

Quick question: where can I find the audio/photo identifier for the minor leaguers? Is there some master record where "all" players are mapped? For instance, I see Erick Aybar has a audio/photo id of "6001" in DMZ's default roster set. Where does that "6001" number originate?

We roster makers are using Hory's list, you would have to search for it in these forums

Can someone tell me what the chase and stuff all means? I really have no clue on how to edit these.

If you want to you can just make your AAA,AA,A teams with all the vital info and me and hypno will rate them

Ilcmac, heres what i have, some have vitals, some dont.....

Triple A Oklahoma City

C Gerald Laird (Starting C)

C Robert Machado

1B Adrian Gonzalez (Starting 1B)

1B Jason Hart (Starting DH)

2B Ian Kinsler (Starting 2B) - RH, 6'0, 185, physically resembles Michael Young, hit 300 / .400 / .480, Hit a total of 51 doubles, 20 hr's, 98 rbi's, 23 SB's, in Frisco he also hit .352 when leading off the inning, hit .323 / .425 / .490 against right handed pitching and .247 / .340 / .459 against southpaws in the Texas League.

2B Marshall McDougall - hit 282 / .349 / .511 with 19 HRs and 69 RBIs for AAA Oklahoma.

SS Manny Alexander (Starting SS)

3B German, Esteban (Starting 3B)

OF Chad Allen (Starting LF)

OF Andres Torres (Starting CF)

OF Ramon Nivar (Starting RF) - 3.9 from Home to First,

OF Jason Conti

SP Chris Young (#1) - RHP, 6'10, fastball 95-96, curve, circle change, split-finger changeup

SP Kameron Loe (#2) - RHP, 6'8, 220, sinking fastball (tops around 90), change, slider, curve Three-Quarter Delivery, great control

SP Joaquin Benoit (#3)

SP John Hudgins (#4) - RHP, draws comparisons to Greg Maddux, 4 seam (88-93), 2 seam, knuckle curve

SP Erik Thompson (#5) - RHP, 5'9,180, fastball (tops at 95), power slider, changeup, curve

SP R.A. Dickey

RP Juan Dominguez - RHP, devasting change and fastball, slow delivery, developing sluvry curve.

RP Nick Regilio - RHP, 6'2, 200, sizzling fastball with sink (reaches 97), a slider and a change

RP Jose Veras - 6'5, 235, had a 1.45 ERA, 19 K's, BB'd 4, with 11 saves in the Dominican Winter League,

RP Ryan Bukvich

RP Travis Hughes

RP Miguel Tejera

CL Vladimir Nunez

Double A Frisco

C Matt Nickeas (Starting C) - Solid arm strength, displays good hands, blocks balls adequately, hit .279/.381/.453 against RHP & .316/.391/.614 against LHP.

C Dustin Smith - defense receivers poor marks, showed improved power going .335 / .414 / .500 in 194 AB in Cal League

1B Jason Botts (Starting 1B) - Switch Hitter, 6'6, 245, best power hitting prospect in system, above average plate discipline.

2B Jason Bourgeois (Starting 2B) - 5'9", 180 pound, black, great speed,

SS Joaquin Arias (Starting SS) - quick hands, good footwork, very fast, 6'2, 160, hit .300 / .350 / .370 in High A, plus plus range, plus arm,

SS Drew Meyer (Starting DH) - 2nd Best Arm in System, good glove, proved he can handle AA pitching, 316 / .385 / .347 in 2003 and .389 / .421 / .444 in

September of 2004.

3B Edgar Gonzalez (Starting 3B)

OF Vincent Sinisi (Starting LF) - not terribly fast 4.32 home-to-first, arm strength is ordinary at best, scouts question his power, he hit .310 / .383 / .472 in 248 Cal

League at-bats, blistering right handed pitchers with a .339 / .415 / .517 showing while struggling against lefties at a relatively anemic .235 / .293 / .353 clip, comparable to

Rusty Greer.

OF Juan Senreiso (Starting CF) -Best Arm in System - 6'1, 205, potential 5 tool OF, compared to Preston Wilson or Milton Bradley, very good arm best suited for

RF, 313/.370/.468 with 11 homers and 65 RBIs, stealing 28 bags in 40 attempts at three different levels culminating with a stunning .348 / .375 / .543 performance in 11

games at double A Frisco.

OF Rashad Eldridge (Starting RF) - Switch Hitter, 6'1, 180, hit 284 / .381 / .376 in AA Frisco, doesn't hit the long ball, hit .374 / .456 / .515 against lefties, plus

defender.

OF Jeremy Cleveland - went .277 / .354 / .413 in High A, ordinary defender at best, marginal power, pure hitter

SP Thomas Diamond (#1) - RHP, 6'2, 230, Fastball tops at 97 (norm is 93-94), slider 83-84, changeup 79-82, curveball (12-6), Roger Clemons build.

SP John Danks (#2) - LHP, solid fastball (tops at 93), best curveball in system (best pitch), changeup

SP Nick Masset (#3) - RHP, 4 seamer (90-95), sinker (90-91), circle change (78-81), curve (77-80), cutter (86-89)

SP Josh Rupe (#4) - 6'2, 190, cutter (BA calls this his best pitch), curve, fastball, slider, changeup

SP Wes Littleton (#5) - RHP, 6'1, 185, straight sidearm, fastball (tops at 89), slider, changeup

RP Justin Thompson

RP C.J. Wilson - RHP, Athletic 6'2", 190 pounds. He features an above-average change, a slurvy breaking ball and a heavy sinking 90ish fastball.

RP A.J. Murray - LHP, went 10-4 3.63 ERA in Texas League.

RP Ryan Wing - LHP, low 90s sinking fastball, slider.

RP Steve Rowe - named a Texas League All-Star last season, dominated righties holding them to a .187 avg and lefties to a .207.

CL Agustin Montero - went 2-0 with 4 saves in AA, K'd 36 in 30 innings but walked 16.

Single A Bakersfield

C Justin Hatcher - (Starting C) - went 289 / .388 / .411 and was much tougher against lefties (.379 / .465 / .569) than right handers (.250 / .353 / .341), not much power.

C Angel Sanchez - Sanchez was assigned to the AZL club where he hit .258 / .371 / .450 with a team-leading five jacks in 120 at-bats.

1B Jim Fasano (Starting 1B) - LH, 6'5, 235, plus power and great bat speed

2B Micah Furtado (Starting 2B) - LH, hit hit .306 / .431 / .444 against right handers and .298 / .372 / .357 against southpaws, strictly a 2B, excellent speed and quickness, good arm strength, stole 17 of 29 attempts last year.

2B Tug Hulett - LH, led NWL in OBP (.444), third in stolen bases (19), no power whatsoever, fundamentally sound but not a plus defender

3B Travis Metcalf (Starting 3B) - 6'3, 200, hit going .266 / .348 / .500 with 62 RBI's (2nd best in NWL) and 15 HRs (2nd bets in NWL), K'd 74 times but walked 37 times, good defensively

SS Santiago Perez (Starting SS)

OF Andrew Wishy (Starting LF) - LH, Hit 14 HRs in Low A, hasn’t yet demonstrated that he can handle southpaw pitching, going just .202 / .296 / .298 while hitting right handers at a .269 / .368 / .438 clip and he is still an awkward outfielder.

OF Anthony Webster (Starting CF) - LH, 6'0, 220, draws physical comparisons to a young Marquise Grissom, has every tool in the box but raw, southpaw hit LHP (.283 /.347 / .348) and RHP (.288 / .368 / .469) almost equally well, but shows much more power against right handers, but has the physical strength to project much more power down the line, hit 297 / .381 / .389 in 185 at bats.

OF Ben Harrison (Starting RF) - RH, 6'4, 205, 3% body fat, physically looks quite a bit like Gabe Kapler, 271 / .358 / .477 with 11 homers (9th best in the league), K'd 64 times in 214 ABs

OF K.C. Herren (Starting DH)(Plays CF) - LH, 6'1, 210, good speed, average arm, plus bat with projectable power, tremendous work ethic and a boat load of confidence.

SP Erik Hurley (#1) - RHP, 6'4, 185, 93 mph Fastball, Slider, three quarters

SP Michael Schlatt (#2) - RHP, 6'7, 205, 88-91 mph heater with late, arm-side tail that touches 92, slurvy slider is reportedly below-average at this point, and he's used a split-finger and changeup.

SP Matt Lorenzo (#3) - RHP, 6'3, 225, Ryan Drese build, Mid-90s 4 Seam Fastball, 2 Seam fastball, inconsistent but devasting curve.

SP Johnny Lujan (#4) - RHP, sinking two seamer tops at 95 (norm is 92-93), three quarter rotation.

SP Brandon Mattoon (#5) - LHP, 6'3, 225, drop down delivery, 11-6 record and the league’s fifth best ERA at 2.87 in 131.1 Innings, K'd 88 and BB'd 17.

SP Edison Volquez - 6'1, 170, build compared to more rubust Pedro in his 20s, fastball (92-95), curve, change

RP Jesse Ingram - went 4-1 with a 1.42 ERA with four saves for Spokane, allowed 19 hits and 16 walks in 31.2 innings pitched.

RP Kelvin Jimenez - RHP, fastball tops 97, slider, changeup (best pitch)

RP Dave Mazurek - went 8-2 with a 3.07 ERA and 8 saves in Stockton (A)

RP Omar Beltre - 6'3, 215, slider (78-83), fastball (92-93, tops at 95), splitter

CL Jarrod Burcie - pure closer, 96 MPH fastball, held league to a .198 avg, overall went 3-0 with a 1.74 ERA in 14 appearances striking out 40 while walking 5 in 31 innings.

Sounds reasonable. (And I really don't care about the credit...this is a community, and everybody helping everybody for the enjoyment of the game should be what its all about). I've already spent time researching them, so I'll take care of the Anaheim Angels to start.

I could do some of that. I am not to sure on the rotations and stuff yet, my friend was supposed to send me those but hasn't.

Also, how would I send them to you? Sorry, I am a noob to this

Inside MVPedit goto File-->export--->team for AAA,AA, and A

I've noticed a lot of people showing concern over the lineups and rotations--These are things that could change tomorrow, and with a month of spring training left, its really impossible to put out accurate lineups and rotations. I think I speak for llcmac as well when I say that right now, we're concerned with getting players in the right organizations and making sure that the players themselves are accurate as well as creating any players that will appear in the majors/aaa towards the beginning of the year. These are the things we feel MUST be accurate right away. As spring training gets closer, and the rosters shape up, we'll call up and send down as necessary--if we set lineups and rotations right now and said "that's it" we're going to be way wrong come April.

I also spoke with llcmac about how we're going to release these. I'm sure we'll release a few more beta versions before camp breaks and we really want to have a completely accurate roster set before Opening Day. We can by no means guarantee accurate and spotless AA and A teams at this point, but we will do our best. At the point of releasing our final set, we'll decide if we want to fill out AA and A and if so, when to release that set. We will also try to maintain accurate rosters including trades, releases and signings once a month throughout the season. This is what we hope to achieve. Thanks to all for your interest, help and support!

Archived