GeForce MX User Player Detail Solution (Tip) - Driver Info

alpium

Click select a exe/bat file. Go to mvp2005 dir look for the created bat file and right click and select create a shortcut. You can move that shortcut to your desktop.

Double click your shortcut exe/bat and the game should load.

Tried that - when I execute the bat - a small command prompt (DOS) window opens for a split second, then nothing. It's so fast, I can't read what it says...

Any other suggestions?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried that - when I execute the bat - a small command prompt (DOS) window opens for a split second, then nothing. It's so fast, I can't read what it says...

Any other suggestions?

a small command prompt (DOS) window says were it's loading both 3D Analyze and mvp 2005.exe from.

But the game should load after double clicking the bat file.

Make sure you haven't change directory location of 3D Analyze 2.0

a small command prompt (DOS) window says were it's loading both 3D Analyze and mvp 2005.exe from.

But the game should load after double clicking the bat file.

Make sure you haven't change directory location of 3D Analyze 2.0

hmmm...nope, haven't changed the dir.

does it matter where you save the bat file? i just saved it in the MVP 2005 dir and called it 2005.bat

In the BAT File, you probably need to put the EXE run command in quotes, eg:

"C:Documents and SettingsJoe BlowDesktop3d analyze3DAnalyze.exe " /EXE=C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005mvp2005.exe /DLL=C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005

(since it's a dos-based run command)

"C:Documents and SettingsJoe BlowDesktop3d analyze3DAnalyze.exe " /EXE=C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005mvp2005.exe /DLL=C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005

Thanks - I'll give that a shot when I get back home. I opened it with Notepad, but then realized I didn't know what I was looking for... :lol:

It works but I can't get the shortcut to work :( Thanks anyways!

On the front page of 3D Analyze 2.0, look on the lower right side and click "save bat file". It's saved in the main dir of MVP 2005 folder.

From there right click the bat file and scroll down the menu a click where it says "Create Shortcut".

Now drag your newly created shortcut on to your desktop and rename it MVP Baseball 2005.

You can also change the icon to MVP baseball 2005 by right clicking the bat file and scroll down the menu a click where it says "Properties". On properties page look on the bottom and find "change icon", click and browse to the mvp baseball 2005 folder and use the icon in that folder.

When done, double click your newly created shortcut from your desktop and MVP Baseball 2005, DOS command and 3D Analyze 2.0 should load up.

BTW: Make sure you have Disk 2 of MVP Baseball 2005 in your CDROM drive.

Enjoy!

Perfect! Worked fine.

For those that can't figure out the shortcut - right click on the .bat file you created with 3D Analyze, and seledt 'EDIT'

A Notepad window will show up with the path kempjef listed above. Put the first part in quotes, like so: "C:Documents and SettingsJoe BlowDesktop3d analyze3DAnalyze.exe "

then save, and the bat will work as a shortcut!

It allows me to play with player detail set to high, but the players have transparent and really bright spots now. I don't get it. However, the faces finally look real.

Any ideas?

does anyone know what can do next???? my players are transparent also... help.... :cry: .help... :cry:

Hey I tried this with a GeForce 4 MX 64 MB and it looks and plays great now, but twice now, yes twice I have homered with Pujols in the 1st inning and the game crashes. The third try it crashed on a David Eckstein fly out. Is this because I am running the game through this utility? Any help would be great.

does anyone know what can do next???? my players are transparent also... help.... :cry: .help... :cry:

disable helmet reflection in my mvp options in the game screen....

to the above poster i have not had a crash yet, knock on wood. have you set the countdown to disable rendering to "0"? and also try checking the performance mode box, under remove stuttering. also what are your pc specs, it could be that you don't have enough system resources available to compensate for the extra graphics demand that the vid card can't handle. you may also try playing with some of the in game video options, try setting some of them to medium, if you think it may be a resources related problem.

This isn't just a tip, it's a blantant fix. Many thanks.

One question, anyone able to figure out how to get it to enable the 16 bit color modes? When I use this it's locked into 32 bit color only, and I can only play it on the lowest resolution without frame rate issues. However, 800x600 16bit should work fine for me.

disable helmet reflection in my mvp options in the game screen....

to the above poster i have not had a crash yet, knock on wood. have you set the countdown to disable rendering to "0"? and also try checking the performance mode box, under remove stuttering. also what are your pc specs, it could be that you don't have enough system resources available to compensate for the extra graphics demand that the vid card can't handle. you may also try playing with some of the in game video options, try setting some of them to medium, if you think it may be a resources related problem.

spec s Gateway e6100

Intel Pentium 4, 3000 MHz

200MHz external bus

120 MD HD

512 DDR RAM

NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200

the second part of my post was for reverend about his pc specs. my suggestion to you was disable helmet reflections...sorry for the mixup.

well, i recently had a crash at the end of 2 dynasty wins while i was exiting the game :angry: . so what i did was let the game auto detect the settings. it set everything to high on it's own, but it set resolution to 800x600x32 (not exactly my favorite!) so i disable helmet reflections and gave it a try. hasn't crashed since. but if i try to push it back up tp a higher resolution it will play the game fine but always crash on exit. seems weird i think, but that's the way it has been working for me. maybe give this a try.

This isn't just a tip, it's a blantant fix. Many thanks.

One question, anyone able to figure out how to get it to enable the 16 bit color modes? When I use this it's locked into 32 bit color only, and I can only play it on the lowest resolution without frame rate issues. However, 800x600 16bit should work fine for me.

that may explain the crashing, seems it wants you to play at 800x600 on an older card, anything else like i found will crash - at least in my case- right after the game and you click exit, goes straight to the desktop. as far as framerates set the coutdown to 0 if you haven't already that's what solved it for me.

I've done the batch-file thing and the game starts like it should and I have no problem running the game on 800x600x32 but everything except the the players faces look kind of edgy and ugly. I've turned the helmet reflections off. When I try to play a game in 1024x768x32 it crashes to the desktop directly after you've set your difficulty and pressed advance.

My specs:

XP Home Ed. SP2

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 v. 6.6.9.3

2033 megahertz Intel Pentium 4

512 mb SDRam

Approx. 10 GB free hard drive space

Is there anything I can do to be able to run the game in 1024x768x32?

that may explain the crashing, seems it wants you to play at 800x600 on an older card, anything else like i found will crash - at least in my case- right after the game and you click exit, goes straight to the desktop. as far as framerates set the coutdown to 0 if you haven't already that's what solved it for me.

I have that Will Clark card. That was the first set of Topps I collected!

Anyway, I played last year's version on 1024x768 resolution 16 bit color, or 800x600 with 32 bit color. After I loaded the game with the fix, I went straight to 800x600 32 bit color, and it was running about 20-22 FPS. It did not crash, nor has the game ever crashed on me. I'm sure that if I could run 800x600 16 bit color, it would run fine. 640x480 resolution at 32 bit color runs fine.

I have that Will Clark card. That was the first set of Topps I collected!

Anyway, I played last year's version on 1024x768 resolution 16 bit color, or 800x600 with 32 bit color. After I loaded the game with the fix, I went straight to 800x600 32 bit color, and it was running about 20-22 FPS. It did not crash, nor has the game ever crashed on me. I'm sure that if I could run 800x600 16 bit color, it would run fine. 640x480 resolution at 32 bit color runs fine.

yes i understand you. or maybe i don't i've been taking finals and now this, i'm delirious by now. what i'm saying is YES 800x600x32 runs fine. what i'm finding though is if you let mvp auto detect settings and it selects 800x600x32, don't try to push it to 1024x768x32 this is when i find it crashes. 800x600 still runs fine. so i'm assuming you may be able to get it to run in 16 bit if you want, however the program doesn't allow me that option for some reason. am i making sense? i better go get my daily 3 hours of sleep.

Hey guys, mine still crashes, more properly freezes up in the first inning of every game. 800x600x32 high player detail, low 3d crowd.

I have a GeForce 4 MX 64mb running the game through this 3D-Analyze 2.0.

My PC specs are...

XP Home

Pentium 4 2.66GHZ

256 MB RAM

24 GB free space

Freezes on 1st inning homers and diving catches 8O

i cant get the 3d Analyze method to work... i do every steps correctly, and i still cant choose for high detail players... here are my specs : P3 667Mhz , Geforce MX 200 32 MB, 650 RAM, Windows XP ... help ! the game runs fine, but players look like crap !! thanx !

Archived