Can a team of 25 Ichiro's win the World Series?

Kccitystar

If you ask me, the best player in the game was not Jon Dowd, but Ichiro Suzuki.

While there aren’t official overall rating numbers in this game, Ichiro is listed as the 13th best player in the game behind Jon Dowd, Vladimir Guerrero, Albert Pujols, Todd Helton, Manny Ramirez, Ivan “Pudge” Rodriguez, Scott Rolen, Pedro Martinez, Johan Santana, Adrian Beltre, Randy Johnson and David Ortiz.

It makes sense when you look at this on screen, but when you actually play the video game it’s clear that Ichiro is even better than his already high overall ranking.

To showcase Ichiro’s talents and abilities, I’ve decided to make a team comprised of Ichiro clones to see if they can win the World Series.

This is arguably the most intense article I've read about this game in a long time.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/7/30/20700714/ichiro-suzuki-mvp-baseball-2005

Discuss.

I've recently tried 2K12 and The Show 16 (on a PS3).  There are definitely aspects of each game that I like, especially practice modes, but for overall gameplay and organic feel, MVP with all of its warts is still far and above the overall better package.

Like somebody said before, The Show seems 'scripted' at times. For example, if you have a big lead, there is a big probability that your opponent mounts an improbable comeback. If that happened only sometimes I would be fine with it, but it's more than sometimes. 
Anyway, the last 'Show' that I played was '15 or '16, so it might have improved. 

Between 2K and MVP there isn't even an argument. MVP is better in pretty much every aspect of the game.

5 hours ago, Gordo said:

I've recently tried 2K12 and The Show 16 (on a PS3).  There are definitely aspects of each game that I like, especially practice modes, but for overall gameplay and organic feel, MVP with all of its warts is still far and above the overall better package.

Agreed. 100%. Even The Show on PS4. Looks ain't everything.

Plus it's a constant battle trying to play a season avoiding the logistical things the game WON'T let you do or that it does whether you want to allow it or not.

2 hours ago, sabugo said:

Anyway, the last 'Show' that I played was '15 or '16, so it might have improved. 
Between 2K and MVP there isn't even an argument. MVP is better in pretty much every aspect of the game.

It didn't improve.

MVP and 2K in my opinion do things a bit differently but I wouldn't say one is better than the other. Each one does things the other doesn't do and in most cases one does things the other one isn't as good as.

Got into The Show 16 a bit more last night.  Going back and forth with different pitch types.  Absolutely hate pulse pitching and abandoned it within 2 pitchers.  I guess I'm still getting the sense of the balance of my experience with it, how the game intermixes a certain pitch type and level and then the sliders that fit you.  Outside of that I find the controlling of the fielders quite clumsy and missed very easy catches, again, probably related to my lack of familiarity with the game.  However, it amazed me a bit that a game that was more than a decade older than MVP 2005 still couldn't develop an organic movement in your fielder, especially outfielders, during game play.  Plus the delay in throwing to a given location (and the known double clutch in throwing, which they did not patch) is just very puzzling.  It's almost they gave up the game looking pretty for these "essentials".

Archived