MVP disc won’t “play”!anymore

marty65

Hi guys

I’m hopng someone can give me a few tips. I have been playing MVP for a looooooooong time, without any real issues, however, for sone unknown reason, my laptop (that I’ve played the game on for years now, operating 8.1) wont run the game. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc but every tine i cluck kn it, t says Access Denied-try again with administrator priveleges” 

i tried the obvious “run as administrator” but it just wouldn’t start.

i asked a computer repair shop guy who suggested maybe one of the automatic updates that windows does might’ve affected it. I thought maybe contact you guys and see if any one on here has had similar or the same kind of issue.

Any help is hugely appreciate

thanks in advance 

• 6 months later...

Hey guys 

well.....I fiiiiiiiiiiiinally got around to reading then applying the advice that you guys were kind enough up give me and voila!!! I used Kyles method re changing the number to 2 in the registry and, so far so good, it’s letting me at least run the game now so, short of actually playing a game, everything seems to be back to normal. 

You guys really are the best, it’s so amazing that you’re all still here, willing to help out wherever and whenever you can and keeping our beloved game going.

I’ve been coming here since 2008 and, while there’s been a few personnel changes along the way, the core group you guys maintain is just brilliant..

Thanks heaps again guys, truly and greatly appreciated 

Archived