Unrealistic strikeout totals

ncbravesfan

First off, I want to say that I think MVP 2005 is awesome. The gameplay and graphics are great, and things will only get better once the new mods are done. That being said, the one issue I have is with the computer's lack of strikeouts. I have tested numerous slider options, but cannot seem to get to where the computer starter has more than 4 K's a game. Usually I test with Randy Johnson or Roger Clemens, and they have NEVER had more than 3 or 4 K's in a start (in about five or six test games). Is there anyone out there who has some sliders that can fix this? If so, could you post them so I could try them out?

Thanks in advance.

Here's a thought (I know that's dangerous, coming from me!): Is the problem with hitters' hot/cold zones? Do they not have enough cold zones to go after? I don't know. It's just a thought. Or would it make a difference to edit their swing/miss tendencies?

ncbravesfan,

These are where I am presently and getting closer and closer. Walks are still erratic and K's are much better but occassional still very low.

Difficulty: All-Star

Variable Strike Zone: On

Variable "Stuff": On

Blown Calls: On

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: 0

Pitch Speed: 6

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 0

User Pitcher Fatigue: -9

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: -9

User Pitch Control: 48

CPU Pitch Control: 48

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0

User Batting Contact: -48

CPU Batting Contact: -48

User Batting Power: 0

CPU Batting Power: 0

User Bunting Ability: 6

CPU Bunting Ability: 6

User Foul Ball Frequency: 9

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 9

CPU Swing Frequency: 12

User OF Speed (Manual): 0

User OF Speed (MVP): 0

CPU OF Speed: 0

User IF Speed (Manual): -1

User IF Speed (MVP): -1

CPU IF Speed: -1

User Throw Speed: 0

CPU Throw Speed: 0

User Throw Accuracy: 0

CPU Throw Accuracy: 0

User Catch Errors: 22

CPU Catch Errors: 22

User Dive Difficulty: -15

CPU Catch Effort: -10

User Baserunning Speed: 3

CPU Baserunning Speed: 3

User Runner Aggression: 0

CPU Runner Aggression: 0

User Runner Steal Speed: 6

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 6

User Runner Steal Delay: -6

CPU Runner Steal Delay: -6

CPU Steal Rate: 4

Runner Injury Frequency: 4

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 5

Batter Injury Frequency: 3

Fielder Injury Frequency: 6

Pitching MG Difference: 0

Here's a thought (I know that's dangerous, coming from me!): Is the problem with hitters' hot/cold zones? Do they not have enough cold zones to go after? I don't know. It's just a thought. Or would it make a difference to edit their swing/miss tendencies?

You don't always have to throw into a batter's cold zones. You can get them out in the hot or neutral zones too.

I play CPU vs. CPU all-star...Does not matter where the sliders are still no effect on K's...

I have...

Swing freq, -48...

Cpu contact - 48..

Picth Control high...

There has got to be a bug ..I am getting 3to5 K's in.....NO MATTER who is pitching!

Early this morning I tested setting via MVPEdit a complete Roster with actual Contact ratings reduced by 50% (Sliders already at -49%) and MISS plus CHASE ratings set at a Max of "15". This should have produced an abundance of strikeouts and missed swings and much fewer hits.

In fact it did have an effect. But much less of one than I would have thought it should. Running 4 games the average of strikeouts was 6-8 per pitcher which isn't bad with top notch K style pitchers. At least no 1 or 2 strikeout games. But I would have expected something like 10-15 or so.

The disturbing thing was the fact that each team still averaged 7-8 hits per game and 3-4 runs which I would think way too high with the MAX'ed K settings and a reduction in Contact hitting by 50%. Needless to say I went to bed a bit dissappointed and concerned that a Players Rating doesn't impact this game as much as I would have felt it should.

But take this with a grain of salt since I was doing this around 4:30AM this morning after being up all day messing with this stuff since 7AM the previous morning.

Just wanted to shared this with you guys.

Archived