2019 BaseUp! Rosters End of Season Rosters

Gordo

Several other minor switches going to happen.  Got all of the AL done and only about 5 more teams in the NL needed.  I'm also going to check on the pitchers who can hit well and update their batting attributes as well.  Then that should be the final touches.  I've been trying to catch jersey no. changes for these pitchers as I go through them.  Minimally, I'll make sure that there are no duplicate jersey nos. on any team.

If anyone can think of any pitchers who run pretty well other than those I've already updated, please post here.  Thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

So doing one last bonus major tweak with pitchers' pitch type, trajectory and pitch speed.  AL is done and here is the relative ranking.  Interestingly, 6 of the top 7 teams made the playoffs and Cleveland could've easily made it.  Still got 8 NL teams to do.

HOU

BOS

NYY

TBR

CLE

MIN

OAK

LAA

CHW

KCR

TOR

TEX

BAL

DET

SEA

Final version is out today.  After doing all of the pitchers' tweaks, here's how the rankings shook out:

1    HOU
2    LAD
3    CHC
4    BOS
5    WAS
6    STL
7    NYY
8    COL
9    TBR
10  CLE
11  PHI
12  MIL
13  CIN
14  ATL
15  MIN
16  SFG
17  MIA
18  NYM
19  OAK
20  SDP
21  PIT
22  LAA
23  ARI
24  CWS
25  TOR
26  TEX
27  KCR
28  BAL
29  DET
30  SEA

Here's how it shakes out in each league:

Capture.JPG.3496391393e8fe88822a59bbdc12319c.JPG

11 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

¿Qué quieres decir? Por lo general, las personas usan esto en el mod Mvp 15, pero se puede usar en otros.

Oh excuse my bad English.

I mean in which version of the game can I use this roster, more specifically according to which user ...

Again, excuse my bad English haha

great rosters and I'm curious how in the past you solved the problem of duplicate all-stars being placed in the Free Agent pool.

I am meticulous with my roster editing in MVPedit and I make sure to follow all the guidelines but I have some duplicate All stars in the in-game FA pool which is really annoying. I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

No, that's fine, but it didn't work this year the same way for some reason.  My understanding that in the original rosters both AS teams would be "clones" and what I found was that if you edited a player who was also on an AS team, it would double the edit you were doing.  So, e.g., if you added 5 contact v L points to a player it would actually add 10. 

So I experimented with making a duplicate roster, then trading all of the desired AS players from their given teams to one of the minor league teams.  Then I exported that minor league team, then imported it back to the main roster I was working on and it seemed to separate it out.  For some reason though now, I can do it, but you can't play a season/franchise.  You can play an exhibition game with the AS teams, but the season will freeze (where it didn't before). 

Also, I got to the point with the rosters that even if I left the AS as the "old" ones that didn't cause problems, I couldn't fill up the rosters with "Placeholder" players and simulate season/franchise with injuries, trades and/or suspensions off.  It just got real odd this year and I have no explanation ..... and it's not the FA pool (I create a 1 player FA pool to test if that is a factor).

I'll be writing a thread on how I did my roster creation overall and either attach or post links to the tools I use and charts I created based on stats.

2 hours ago, Gordo said:

No, that's fine, but it didn't work this year the same way for some reason.  My understanding that in the original rosters both AS teams would be "clones" and what I found was that if you edited a player who was also on an AS team, it would double the edit you were doing.  So, e.g., if you added 5 contact v L points to a player it would actually add 10. 

So I experimented with making a duplicate roster, then trading all of the desired AS players from their given teams to one of the minor league teams.  Then I exported that minor league team, then imported it back to the main roster I was working on and it seemed to separate it out.  For some reason though now, I can do it, but you can't play a season/franchise.  You can play an exhibition game with the AS teams, but the season will freeze (where it didn't before). 

Also, I got to the point with the rosters that even if I left the AS as the "old" ones that didn't cause problems, I couldn't fill up the rosters with "Placeholder" players and simulate season/franchise with injuries, trades and/or suspensions off.  It just got real odd this year and I have no explanation ..... and it's not the FA pool (I create a 1 player FA pool to test if that is a factor).

I'll be writing a thread on how I did my roster creation overall and either attach or post links to the tools I use and charts I created based on stats.

Ok that's really interesting. I look forward to the thread where you go through the process.

I did the Jim825 method of creating all star rosters. Therefore, when I edit Kershaw on the all star roster it has no effect on the Kershaw on the Dodgers (so no clone problems).

Originally I had a lot of duplicates because I had forgotten the obvious step of making all of the All-Star players "HIDDEN" in MVPedit.

Now after making them "hidden" this has caused the number of free agent duplicates to drastically lessen. However, some are still there but they only seem to be players who were all-stars in the original MBE file (so this would be going back to 2015). These are guys like Kimbrel, Kershaw, Nelson Cruz, Scherzer, Trout, etc.

There are NO duplicate all-stars of "newer" guys like Bregman, Gleyber Torres.

The good thing is I have plenty of time until April 2020 to figure the problem out. And as a last resort, I could just edit those Free Agent duplicates to all have 0 ratings so that nobody signs them in a Dynasty. I have no crashing problems whatsoever by the way.

Found errors for 3 pitchers.  They should be corrected as follows:

Buehler.thumb.JPG.96a92e4162bd570e476c0a3dcd9b4e59.JPG

Detwiler.thumb.JPG.0e377fd91ce662f9958f2f9a53cff096.JPG

newcomb.thumb.JPG.4b4e78c75ca059939cb4211aadcfd690.JPG

Also, Michael Baez, SDP, RP should have a different appearance.  Consider cyberface 903, Dark Brown Hair/Facial Hair = none or first choice below that and lighter skin tone.

This kind of dawned upon me, but would there be a way to create a version of this roster that scrubs the unique cyberface IDs for players that aren't in the stock roster in favor of the game's generic player cyberface IDs with the in-game facial features?

I'd like to think a version of this roster using the stock generic faces would be extremely easy to drag and drop and use for quick play/exhibitions while providing an option for users that want to only quickly "2019" their game without having to download a total conversion to do so.

As an added perk, there is far less troubleshooting/complexity involved because it eliminates a lot of dependencies other than having an updated portraits.big file which is as simple as downloading the most recent one (if it exists or is maintained by someone).

I completely fixed and solved the problem so that I'll never have to deal with it again.

The problem is when there are players left over on the all-star teams. Before, I had imported all my new .met files for the MLB teams, and it created duplicates of the existing all-stars to the free agent list (but not in MVPedit).

The key is that whenever you want to import teams, make sure that the ALL-STAR teams are completely empty because any existing all-stars will be duplicated if they are part of an imported team.

I fixed it by exporting and then re-importing ALL teams, and making sure to import All-star teams and futures teams last. Problem solved.

• 1 month later...

Gordo, any updates on your roster creation tutorials?  I'm still working on the original Xbox rosters and have everything up to date.  I just need to learn how to use a player's stats and turn them into attributes for the game.  If you could help explain how to do all of this, I'll be glad to keep updating these rosters year to year.  Thanks for all your hard work!

-Mike

On 12/9/2019 at 12:46 AM, Gordo said:

Haven't as of yet, other than this one I did last year:

Oh sweet!  Yeah, that's really helpful.  If you could kind of explain how you get the players' speed and defense would be great, as well as pitchers' attributes other than their pitch velocities which I get from Fangraphs. 

Speed is from here:  https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprint_speed_leaderboard?year=2018&position=&team=&min=10

And a made a corresponding chart that I think is in the downloads.

Pitcher control I started to base on WHIP, not ERA.  The site for estimating trajectories has changed unfortunately, but there is a pitch arsenal from baseball savant as well, so you may need to come up with your own.   With control I just pick that control number on the chart I made that corresponds to WHIP and assign it to the highest used pitch, usually a FB, then reduce by about 10-12 for each additional pitch that's used less and less.  Not perfect, but it works.  For the elite pitchers I don't subtract as much.  (If you look in mvpedit, you get an idea of what I mean).  Also, the game translates the actual speed too high for all the pitches so I subtract certain amounts depending on the pitch.

For defense I used FanGraphs and, yes, made my own chart.  The only thing I never found a gauge for was throwing strength for fielders.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:06 PM, Gordo said:

Speed is from here:  https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprint_speed_leaderboard?year=2018&position=&team=&min=10

And a made a corresponding chart that I think is in the downloads.

Pitcher control I started to base on WHIP, not ERA.  The site for estimating trajectories has changed unfortunately, but there is a pitch arsenal from baseball savant as well, so you may need to come up with your own.   With control I just pick that control number on the chart I made that corresponds to WHIP and assign it to the highest used pitch, usually a FB, then reduce by about 10-12 for each additional pitch that's used less and less.  Not perfect, but it works.  For the elite pitchers I don't subtract as much.  (If you look in mvpedit, you get an idea of what I mean).  Also, the game translates the actual speed too high for all the pitches so I subtract certain amounts depending on the pitch.

For defense I used FanGraphs and, yes, made my own chart.  The only thing I never found a gauge for was throwing strength for fielders.

Thanks a bunch, my friend.  Is there any glimmer of a chance you might work on rosters for 2020?  I mean, your rosters are second to none, and I think, if your rosters go bye-bye, this game and our community may go bye-bye as well.

No chance.  It just became too time consuming.  It was a good diversion as well.  There were a couple of guys releasing rosters from my version, but they were pulled because they never asked.  Maybe they'll kick back in and at this point I don't really care who grabs them and updates them.  I appreciate the sentiment though.

Archived