Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Kccitystar

Portrait ID list for 2020 (MLB 2K20 Discussion)

On 11/2/2019 at 11:56 AM, Kccitystar said:

The game's default roster has about 270 free agents that are existing players, and most of them are either guys that didn't play in the 2011 season or were released during the 2011 season from all league levels, so it should be important to retain that number or more.

I'd highly advise in future rosters making it a mix of MLB talent, AAA talent, and some international talent ;)

Oh, i do like the idea of international talent in there. 😏 This is looking to be very intresting indeed. Damn 270 thats almost a whole nother league. 

Did it blow up my own project, yes lol but thats 100% ok with me bc this is along the lines of what i was doing without the ID and clone problem i kept having.

Edited by mayoluck

1 hour ago, mayoluck said:

Oh, i do like the idea of international talent in there. 😏 This is looking to be very intresting indeed. Damn 270 thats almost a whole nother league. 

Did it blow up my own project, yes lol but thats 100% ok with me bc this is along the lines of what i was doing without the ID and clone problem i kept having.

Let's collaborate.

I'm trying to make a roster that's designed in a way that's ready to play (meaning stock faces where applicable, everything else is a generic face), but at the same time there will be guidelines as to portraits/cyberface IDs so we don't overwrite anyone's work.

Given that a regular .ROS has so many dependencies, it's made sense to me to keep it minimal and if anyone wanted to make a 2020 mod, they can use this roster as a base

8 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

I'm trying to make a roster that's designed in a way that's ready to play (meaning stock faces where applicable, everything else is a generic face), but at the same time there will be guidelines as to portraits/cyberface IDs so we don't overwrite anyone's work.

This will also do away with the commentators and fans calling a player by the OG ID and not the newly created one.

8 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Let's collaborate.

I dont mind helping i was building not just a new roster but also bring up to date the farm system, stadiums and create a more unique player model with adjusted body types, updated stances etc. Never tried CF and i suck at unis atm so maybe i can help with a mod im good at....Data entry....😒

Also found away to make the season start at 2020 as well but dont know how to keep players from aging and retiring before hand. Need a way to roll back Bdays by the mass without a crash, not sure REII can do it.

Edited by mayoluck

12 hours ago, mayoluck said:

This will also do away with the commentators and fans calling a player by the OG ID and not the newly created one.

I dont mind helping i was building not just a new roster but also bring up to date the farm system, stadiums and create a more unique player model with adjusted body types, updated stances etc. Never tried CF and i suck at unis atm so maybe i can help with a mod im good at....Data entry....😒

Also found away to make the season start at 2020 as well but dont know how to keep players from aging and retiring before hand. Need a way to roll back Bdays by the mass without a crash, not sure REII can do it.

What I've done so far is removed the Global IDs from everyone that's existed in the game post-2012. There are a handful of global IDs that are protected by the game that were assigned to these players and I'd rather have them start with a completely unique player ID instead. 

The Appearance ID is the primary key the game uses to determine who exists in the game, and we should keep the appearance IDs sequential and assigned to every valid player in the game.

I haven't gotten around schedules yet but my idea was to change the schedule dates in the tabs from 2010-2012 to 2018-2020 instead. I'm assuming the 2013 league realignment (where Houston moved to the AL West) completely broke how the game generates newer schedules, because in the 2012, 2011 and 2010 schedules, the Astros are still an NL team facing NL opponents. I figure enough time has passed to build working schedules that won't break the game among other fixes.

If you open a roster in REDitor, these tabs are what we need to look at, and here's why we need to look at them:

Schedule_Minors tab is the full Minor league schedule (which is why it's dated to 2012).

Schedule_Older, Old and Cur tabs are used for franchise/career modes (which is why they use the 2010 season schedule, the 2011 season schedule and the 2012 season schedule to generate future schedules within the game).

Schedule Actual tab is the actually used schedule during franchise/career modes and the data within this tab usually repopulated from Older/Old/Cur within the game.

3 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

I haven't gotten around schedules yet but my idea was to change the schedule dates in the tabs from 2010-2012 to 2018-2020 instead. I'm assuming the 2013 league realignment (where Houston moved to the AL West) completely broke how the game generates newer schedules, because in the 2012, 2011 and 2010 schedules, the Astros are still an NL team facing NL opponents. I figure enough time has passed to build working schedules that won't break the game among other fixes.

Damn i never looked at Houston's schedule after my 1st season, i play in the NLE. MLB 2K13 has the new alignments doesnt it, is it possible to look at that game in REII if someone has it?

The Appearance ID is the primary key the game uses to determine who exists in the game, and we should keep the appearance IDs sequential and assigned to every valid player in the game.

+1

1 hour ago, mayoluck said:

Damn i never looked at Houston's schedule after my 1st season, i play in the NLE. MLB 2K13 has the new alignments doesnt it, is it possible to look at that game in REII if someone has it?

+1

I've got a 2K13 roster from the XBox version and there's a thread way back that covers the schedule/division realignments from 2013 ;)

Thanks so much for getting so heavily into this for the community. I'm convinced that there's a great game in 2K12 hampered by the mess that updates and mods has become. This should really help set things straight. Still working on testing those files you prepped for me. No problems yet.

8 minutes ago, tinpanalley said:

Thanks so much for getting so heavily into this for the community. I'm convinced that there's a great game in 2K12 hampered by the mess that updates and mods has become. This should really help set things straight. Still working on testing those files you prepped for me. No problems yet.

Thank you for the kind words ❤️

I am hoping I can have a working roster ready to pick up and test, realistically some time in December at the extreme earliest. I'm leaving the scheduling for last.

1 hour ago, Kccitystar said:

Thank you for the kind words ❤️

I am hoping I can have a working roster ready to pick up and test, realistically some time in December at the extreme earliest. I'm leaving the scheduling for last.

Smart on the schedule. Honestly, I play several console games where the schedule can't be changed and it's really the last thing you think about as you play through a sports season. Unless it's the NFL I suppose.

So as far as global IDs: I've been trying to sort out what's been assigned and what's considered "untouchable" by the game (the global IDs tied to PlType 0, 1 and 2).

I actually dug into the 2K11 roster and it looks like some global IDs associated with players were removed since they either retired, went to go play outside of baseball, etc. and a few were just bumped up one ID number.

Weird.

9 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

So as far as global IDs: I've been trying to sort out what's been assigned and what's considered "untouchable" by the game (the global IDs tied to PlType 0, 1 and 2).

I actually dug into the 2K11 roster and it looks like some global IDs associated with players were removed since they either retired, went to go play outside of baseball, etc. and a few were just bumped up one ID number.

Weird.

By the time 2K12 came out they were spending so little time on development, it doesn't surprise me they just did whatever to release a new version. The only thing I think got less attention at the time was DS versions of sports console games.

16 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

By the time 2K12 came out they were spending so little time on development, it doesn't surprise me they just did whatever to release a new version. The only thing I think got less attention at the time was DS versions of sports console games.

From the way the roster/files were set up, it looks like 2011-2013 was entirely incremental.

From the way the roster/files were set up, it looks like 2011-2013 was entirely incremental.

Well, perhaps in the roster file structure and organisation, but I was referring more to the game as a whole. Very little if any development there if I remember correctly.

So today's homework, basically I've merged both the 2K13 and 2K12 rosters so I have updated official player IDs for every 2013 player and 2012 player that was originally added to the game. This leaves me with enough players I can reassign a portrait ID to that doesn't conflict with the 2K reserved slots.

4 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

So today's homework, basically I've merged both the 2K13 and 2K12 rosters so I have updated official player IDs for every 2013 player and 2012 player that was originally added to the game. This leaves me with enough players I can reassign a portrait ID to that doesn't conflict with the 2K reserved slots.

Thank you very much, for so much work and effort, this will undoubtedly be the best roster. Greetings