Owner Mode crashing

Arrack

Hey everyone,

I had a nostalgic attack. I grabbed my 2 CD's (which are scratched a little bit by now) and installed MVP. Last time I played the game was years ago and I don't recall having ANY problem with the game while cd #2 was in the drive. I had this weird issue of game not running (using windows 10). I double click the icon and nothing happens. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the windows itself or just my cd is worn out. Also, when cd #2 isn't in the drive and I try to run the game it asks me to get the cd, so I looked it up a little bit. I saw somewhere (maybe in this forum?) that downloading a crack would solve the problem. I downloaded it and the game now runs. However, owner mode crashes whenever I finish a game, either sim or fully played, without any error message.

So, I guess it's that crack thing that made the issue but the problem is the game won't run without it. Is it a problem with windows 10 or my cd's are just too scratched? If the latter is true, where can I buy a new copy of the game?

Thanks in advance

Update: I searched a little bit and it seems to be a general issue with windows 10 not allowing playing ANY SafeDisc and SecuROM Games.

More info here https://www.howtogeek.com/230773/how-to-play-pc-games-that-require-safedisc-or-securom-drm-on-windows-10-8.1-8-7-and-vista/

=[

it's just an issue with the no-cd .exe file. But everything else works fine (Dynasty included) so I just live with it because it allows us to play MVP on Windows 10. And since you own the CDs legally like I do, there is no issue with doing it that way.

It's just owner mode that is unplayable

5 minutes ago, GoRedSox34 said:

it's just an issue with the no-cd .exe file. But everything else works fine (Dynasty included) so I just live with it because it allows us to play MVP on Windows 10. And since you own the CDs legally like I do, there is no issue with doing it that way.

It's just owner mode that is unplayable

Thanks for the quick reply.

I can't express how depressing this thing is. I hoped the mega-editors here might have a solution to this problem. The most annoying thing about it, is that there is no error message so you can't address the problem.

17 minutes ago, Arrack said:

I saw somewhere (maybe in this forum?) that downloading a crack would solve the problem. I downloaded it and the game now runs. However, owner mode crashes whenever I finish a game, either sim or fully played, without any error message.

So, I guess it's that crack thing that made the issue but the problem is the game won't run without it. Is it a problem with windows 10 or my cd's are just too scratched? If the latter is true, where can I buy a new copy of the game?

You did not find that information here and your best bet is to get a new copy of the game. I would monitor Amazon and eBay because those two places always seem to have a copy for sale.

43 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

You did not find that information here and your best bet is to get a new copy of the game. I would monitor Amazon and eBay because those two places always seem to have a copy for sale.

I did find it on this forum here -

Anyways, this pointless crack is not the point. I'll monitor Amazon and eBay, but all I found so far is overpriced ($100).

If anyone else has any other insight, please help.

Edit: No reason to buy a new copy, the issue lies within Windows 10.

You're better off seeing if you can install and play the basic install on a W7 or XP computer before spending more money on the game.  Chances are you can by a PC capable of handling the game for as much as you'd still pay for the game.

2 hours ago, Arrack said:

I did find it on this forum here -

Now I remember that thread from last year. Did you read the whole thing? The thread got locked because he used a no-cd exe. That was also the last post he made on here since he has been gone for a year and a half.

Archived