Umachines' 2K12 and MVP uniforms feedback thread

Umachines

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KC and Umachines these red Phillie jerseys were the ones they wore on Saturday nights in 1979 when they were home. I think they were called the Saturday night specials.. I always thought they did this because of the popularity of the many different kind of Pirates uniforms at that time. The 1970's had some strange uniforms. The Indians had red ones too.

These look exactly like the ones back then. Wonderful work, but then again you always have done a great job.

Sorry, guys. The real uniform has numbers on left leg. But at least the stock version don't have them. Does anybody else know about any other uniform in the game with numbers on left leg?. Otherwise, I'll have to make some sort of tribute, like with my Nolan Ryan uniform for the Rangers with 34 on front.

What about Carlton Fisk:?

71XyRdfBTVL._AC_SY445_.jpg.1bb895847a9ecfec8f4df07d61626a04.jpg

This way all the team would wear "72" on left leg and their real numbers on the back.

7 hours ago, Umachines said:

Sorry, guys. The real uniform has numbers on left leg. But at least the stock version don't have them. Does anybody else know about any other uniform in the game with numbers on left leg?. Otherwise, I'll have to make some sort of tribute, like with my Nolan Ryan uniform for the Rangers with 34 on front.

What about Carlton Fisk:?

71XyRdfBTVL._AC_SY445_.jpg.1bb895847a9ecfec8f4df07d61626a04.jpg

This way all the team would wear "72" on left leg and their real numbers on the back.

I dont' believe any uniform in the game utilizes it @Umachines. And as you already know the number placement is hard-encoded in the file like the Reds.  I don't think the game uses numbers on pants at all for the dds files from what I can recall.

49 minutes ago, mcoll said:

THE ROAD UNIFORM WAS USED FROM 1977 TO 1994

Only to the untrained eye 😉  

The 1987 uniforms, which were used until 1998, look similar.

They had thinner white borders for the numbers and names on the back, because they changed manufacturers from Goodman to Rawlings for the 1987 season.

In 1992, Russell started supplying MLB uniforms for the Dodgers, so the Rawlings logo was removed on the right arm sleeves. They didn't get the Russell logo embroidering on the sleeves until 1995.

For the 1999 season, they switched their road uniforms to the Los Angeles script (which would be modified again for the 2002 season)

Ok, this is a WIP picture of my Dodgers 1985 uniform. All of them wear VALENZUELA and 34 on the back and their real number on front, as a tribute to Fernando. I wanted to imitate the real location of the arched name, that's a fail with the actual names in the game. I also wanted to imitate those 80's stirrups, by lowering the elastic band, but there is a limitation in the model for that trick:

nuevo-2.thumb.JPG.463b8d6f6df0d60efa5102b0768701f0.JPG

3 minutes ago, Umachines said:

Ok, this a WIP picture of my Dodgers 1985 uniform. All of them wear VALENZUELA and 34 on the back and their real number on front, as a tribute to Fernando. I want to imitate the real location of the arched name, that's a fail with the actual names in the game. I also wanted to imitate those 80's stirrups, by lowering the elastic band, but there is a limitation in the model for that trick:

nuevo-2.thumb.JPG.463b8d6f6df0d60efa5102b0768701f0.JPG

That looks great! One thing I can recommend is to make the sleeve cuffs (the white-blue-white on the sleeves) slightly bigger so that the white outer band on the cuffs finish the sleeves.