Umachines' 2K12 and MVP uniforms feedback thread

Umachines

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Umachines said:

I'm working on my own version of the names fonts for the Giants home uniform with that brown block shadow. But does anybody know if they will have names on black jerseys too, like in the spring training games?

san-francisco-giants-name-on-back-of-jersey-2021-feat.jpg

I believe so, yes. It's like this in RBI as well:

IiYy6EV.jpg

Of course, the font style is different for the lettering. I gotcha. Here's the PSD. Should have RGB layers for trims.

giants_font.psd

7 minutes ago, Umachines said:

Nice picture from RBI, KC. Thanks. Well, I'm enabling the names in all uniforms. It's just a switch in the Roster editor. And SF Giants set comes with something more this year.

I just updated the post with the right font for the lettering

Right now I'm removing National WS Champions hoodoo patch. But I'm still not happy with the size of "Nationals" now main script:

418192425_NATS2020.thumb.jpg.277b96912af1e41b9e925a6ea054e028.jpg

But working wth Giants 2021 set, I used a trick that I had already used before in some unforms, like Blue Jays and Rays rainbow, for too big scripts. It's splitting the script in two parts, one on the HR chest picture and the other one on the uniform itself. The bad thing here is that if you look close enough, the low res pictures is not as good as the HR one, of course. But the uniform in general looks more like the real one while plying, and that's the main goal:

1135768134_GIANTS2021.thumb.jpg.b793ec0eea88de6afb1acaebb44380d6.jpg

So I want to try something like this for Washington 2021 update.

With Washington Nationals 2021 set, I guess I'm done with my major uniform updates for this season. As said in the post, I left the idea of Splitting this "Nationals" cursive script, But I swear I tried. In this picture you can see it was really bigger:

244311145_mlb2k122021-04-1417-36-02-972.thumb.jpg.4fabd60b77be26e68853d6e844f3c862.jpg

The new problem with this was that the numbers looked too small, compared to the real jersey. So I prefered the Orioles base solution.

Now I'm planing to keep upadting some details in the rest of the teams. I'm reviewing my San Diego 2020 set right now, to make it more like my final 2020 sets, and then the umpires uniforms.

On 4/26/2021 at 1:12 AM, Behindshadows said:

Keep up the amazing work, I appreciate all that you are doing!

Thanks. Try it guys. There is a wrinkles effect surrounding the sleeve patch that I'm trying. It replaces classic 2 for the moment. The txt file is its color scheme alone for Roster Editor. I'm locating it in a new slot in next Red Sox unies set version. But it may not be too soon:

(LINK REMOVED, read my next post)

Dont' forget the pics...

7 hours ago, raidersbball20 said:

@Umachinesthey went to the old english "D" logo on the home uniform a few years back.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2018/01/25/detroit-tigers-unify-logos-update-uniform/baseball/

Hello. That picture is a WIP preview from one of the new throwbacks in my Tigers set v2021. Current home uniform "D" logo is already fixed in this version too:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived