MLB2K12 2020 Roster Thread

headtrip47

58 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

Teams will sign those players in the FA pool. I feel comfortable omitting them from the roster entirely though.

We trust you'll do what's right, I'm just waiting on it, because I know I'll spend days just editing and adding faces, etc. And Jerseys, Photos etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wuilmer26f said:

waiting for the list my dear friends? Will there be a possible release date please ...

There's some bugs I am trying to work out.

For example, for the schedule, when you sim through a few seasons, because the 2020 schedule starts a lot earlier in the season than in 2019 or 2018, it messes up how the game does the All-Star break, so instead of having a couple of days or 3 days off, some games are played *on the day of* the All-Star Game. That's a problem.

Also, the team alignments are incorrect. Even though we have everybody we need, some affliates are different for several teams this year.

It's small things that I don't want to grow into a bigger problem.

5 hours ago, headtrip47 said:

i have roster for 2020 mlb season with no errors, but i think Kccitystar roster is much better than mine so we will wait for his release... 

That can be a holdover until release. I'm currently working on the minors and resolving some bugs.

On 7/26/2020 at 10:00 AM, Kccitystar said:

There's some bugs I am trying to work out.

For example, for the schedule, when you sim through a few seasons, because the 2020 schedule starts a lot earlier in the season than in 2019 or 2018, it messes up how the game does the All-Star break, so instead of having a couple of days or 3 days off, some games are played *on the day of* the All-Star Game. That's a problem.

Also, the team alignments are incorrect. Even though we have everybody we need, some affliates are different for several teams this year.

It's small things that I don't want to grow into a bigger problem.

Awesome to see you're making progress!

Personally I would build the roster as if COVID isn't happening. Creating a base roster centered around a extremely unique situation for me seems counter productive. Assuming things resume to more what they were before COVID in terms of sports, would you not have to re-do the schedule and or roster? Thus creating more work? I get that it's not ideal but you can already shorten the season with the Franchise settings ( I want to say 62 games but it's been a while) so how does that play with the artificially shortened schedule? For the players, drop anyone that isn't playing for whatever reason this season and make it as true to real life as possible. 

After re-reading, I could also of misunderstood what you were trying to say about the schedule but I'll leave it here for clarification.

As an aside, to my knowledge we can't have two way players, let's not beat ourselves with trying to fit a shortened schedule into a 7/8 year old game.

Keep up the awesome work dude!  

1 hour ago, Wiggin said:

Awesome to see you're making progress!

Personally I would build the roster as if COVID isn't happening. Creating a base roster centered around a extremely unique situation for me seems counter productive. Assuming things resume to more what they were before COVID in terms of sports, would you not have to re-do the schedule and or roster? Thus creating more work? I get that it's not ideal but you can already shorten the season with the Franchise settings ( I want to say 62 games but it's been a while) so how does that play with the artificially shortened schedule? For the players, drop anyone that isn't playing for whatever reason this season and make it as true to real life as possible. 

After re-reading, I could also of misunderstood what you were trying to say about the schedule but I'll leave it here for clarification.

As an aside, to my knowledge we can't have two way players, let's not beat ourselves with trying to fit a shortened schedule into a 7/8 year old game.

Keep up the awesome work dude!  

These are very interesting times.

There's no minor league baseball this year, so the rosters are frozen for those teams as far as who is playing where, but given that the rosters used for this season in real life are structured differently with the 60-player pool, there's a significant amount of judgement calls involved in making sure who would technically be in the minors had they not been moved accordingly to the 60-man pool, and who would have ultimately made the opening day roster. What I've done so far is to just not include anyone not playing this season due to injury and put them back in at a later time.

For example, the roster structure alone makes sure we have 25 guys on every team and affiliate, but in real life, MLB teams don't give a shit about having 25 guys when they have 26/27 or even 28 guys on the team at any given time, so I have to decide who stays on and who gets demoted. That demotion from MLB to AAA for example, affects how I organize lineups in the minors and in order to keep the AAA roster at 25 players, I have to demote people from AAA to AA ball and below. As a consequence, some guys won't just be in the game at all based on the hard limit of 100 players per organization. That can't be changed.

Another problem I've spent some time trying to fix is with the game's logic, really. For example, 2K12 loves some veteran talent. They love them so much that they specifically stock Class A full of them. This creates a problem where you can't draft or grow talent at the Class A level. Guys just won't progress upward, and the CPU logic in the game just stocks Class A full of older 35+ yr old talent waiting in the wings to retire.

9 minutes ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Trust me,  most here appreciate the effort. I know it entails a lot of time and work. Take as long as you need, to get it right.  I have one question though, was it possible to put the DH in the Senior Circuit or is the game not coded for it?

Can't enforce DH rules for both leagues brother

@Kccitystar  friend, I know you are struggling to deliver a clean and error free roster for this short season.
MLB season is at risk of being canceled
So bro, I recommend that you take enough time to fix the problems with the roster, and release the final roster for the 2021 season.
focus on the 2021 roster, hopefully they will soon develop the vaccine so that all this is finished and next year we will have a complete mlb season

4 hours ago, Bostonnico said:

@Kccitystar  friend, I know you are struggling to deliver a clean and error free roster for this short season.
So bro, I recommend that you take enough time to fix the problems with the roster, and release the final roster for the 2021 season.
focus on the 2021 roster, hopefully they will soon develop the vaccine so that all this is finished and next year we will have a complete mlb season

Please don't say that I've been waiting for a 2020, just so I can get my MLB fix, I mean dang sports are sucking in real life, don't want to wait another season with MLB. :( That's the saddest thing I've heard someone say all week!

Wait til next season?

10 hours ago, Bostonnico said:

6 hours ago, Behindshadows said:

Please don't say that I've been waiting for a 2020, just so I can get my MLB fix, I mean dang sports are sucking in real life, don't want to wait another season with MLB. :( That's the saddest thing I've heard someone say all week!

Wait til next season?

Have faith brother, you're breaking hearts here! I've explained the structure of this roster and the challenges with how the rosters are constructed. These things can be sorted out.

@Kccitystar  @Behindshadows  Hello my friends, I am not sad about everything that is currently happening in mlb and sports.
I am simply saying that we must take advantage of all this time to finish the base roster, updated and without errors for the 2021 season, assuming that we have a normal and complete season next year.
In fact I still haven't finished my 2019 franchise on MLB2k. lol

Greetings Bostonnico unfortunately is right in my opinion they should take out a common and current roster with the names of the current players without modifying calendars or position scale so that users have fun while the COVID happens, and focus on correcting the errors they have to 2021 edition, the roster would be the current 2020 only that the game would be the same as all previous editions without modifying anything else,

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wuilmer26f said:

Regards, what's the news about the mlb 2k20 list?

The latest beta has roster moves completed as of 8/11/2020. I haven't moved anybody around since that date. 

Player attributes and stats would still need to be adjusted, but we can always add that later. That's why it's a beta.

What I'm having issues with is that AAA, AA and A teams aren't done yet because the MILB season has been canceled, and there's no accurate list of who is playing on what team, since every team has everybody's shuffled around to make room for the player pool, so there's no accurate list of guys in the minors.

I know everybody wants something that they can play some games on though.

Archived