MLB2K12 2020 Roster Thread

headtrip47

An update:

What's been completed:

- I managed to re-do all of the appearance IDs for this roster. I'm currently using @headtrip47's trade deadline roster as a base. All equipment and appearances done by @picklebrad and prior roster editors have been saved, which is a good thing.

- All cyberface IDs have been deleted except for players that are a part of the stock 2K roster, so everyone else gets a generic headshape that can be edited. (The bad news is that you will get a lot of players that look the same with different skin tones).  I will say that there will be cyberface IDs that can be assigned for any future mod projects, but this specific roster should be a base roster that you can download, put it in your Saves folder and play without downloading anything else but an updated portrait pack if you want to, which could be downloaded with this roster to go with the new Global IDs assigned to each player.

- As far as any existing work that's been done, there should be a way to re-edit the ratings for all players or import them in bulk through excel and copy/paste them back into the roster. Just don't break the appearance/Global IDs when you do so.

- Global IDs have been reassigned based on stock 2K roster (CAP/CAT teams have a specific Global ID set that cannot be used)

- Roster also includes a fully playable 2019 All-Star Team.

What's left to do (long term goals in parenthesis):

- Stats/Attributes for all players and teams reflecting 2019

- Fully functional 2020 Schedule with Spring Training games (active thread on this here)

- Full 2020 Minor League Schedule (90 teams x 140 games per team = I will need some help on this)

- Full 2020 Staff for all teams that includes Managers, Hitting/Pitching Coaches, Trainers and Scouts

I hope to have some sort of beta ready this month or at least before pitchers and catchers report in February for testing.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is GREAT news! So technically, the current Cyberfaces that have been updated will just need to be renumbered to match the FACE ID in the Roster. That's what I do when I use a different playerhead.iff headshape to alter for a different player. I just simply rename the actual file itself.

On 12/30/2019 at 12:43 PM, picklebrad said:

This is GREAT news! So technically, the current Cyberfaces that have been updated will just need to be renumbered to match the FACE ID in the Roster. That's what I do when I use a different playerhead.iff headshape to alter for a different player. I just simply rename the actual file itself.

Weird development/findings:

- I noticed the game assigns appearance IDs for Staff, however because they don't have a global ID, it looks like 2K decided to use that same appearance ID to correlate with the manager's portraits as well.

- The game also has some generic faces that get used often, probably to fill up as much space within the game as possible: 9000-9003, 9100-9103, 9200-9279.

@Kccitystar  @headtrip47  

Friends, I have a question all portrait IDs will be numbered again, along with the new cyberface ID.

There is someone in charge of making the portrait for the 2020 season?

I can help with the portrait, I just need you to help me with a website where I can find good pic. Your have a list of all the changes to date by team, that will help me a lot. thanks and greetings 

10 minutes ago, Bostonnico said:

@Kccitystar  @headtrip47  

Friends, I have a question all portrait IDs will be numbered again, along with the new cyberface ID.

There is someone in charge of making the portrait for the 2020 season?

I can help with the portrait, I just need you to help me with a website where I can find good pic. Your have a list of all the changes to date by team, that will help me a lot. thanks and greetings 

Portraits can be done some time in February/Early March since they usually have Picture Day around that time. If there is no portrait available for specific players I can just photoshop one that can be used until there is one available ;)

13 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

Portraits can be done some time in February/Early March since they usually have Picture Day around that time. If there is no portrait available for specific players I can just photoshop one that can be used until there is one available ;)

Where can I find good pic for the portrait? I want to work with those that are already available.

in the roster, the same 2K method will be maintained. ie the same portrait ID number will be the same cyberface ID number for the player?

Just now, Bostonnico said:

Where can I find good pic for the portrait? I want to work with those that are already available.

in the roster, the same 2K method will be maintained. ie the same portrait ID number will be the same cyberface ID number for the player?

You can help with the portraits.. you can get pictures on espn.com mlb... 

51 minutes ago, Bostonnico said:

There are some cyberface IDs that I want to protect, like the ones listed up top: 9000-9003, 9100-9103, 9200-9279.  I think everyone who has a face ID already assigned won't really need a brand new ID but would need to have their face manually changed on the roster.

Speaking of making changes, I do want to keep in mind that this roster we're all working on is a base roster that we can 100% stack all of our changes on for any project we're looking to work on since it will basically delete every player that is no longer active on any team or has retired (like Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, etc.) and make slot space for newer guys with the proper attributes/IDs.

The goal I feel that everyone working on this base roster project should think about is if someone wanted to just copy and paste this .ROS file into their game and play a season or a game mode with it, they should be able to do that without downloading extra stuff other than a portrait pack to get the new photos in the game.  As far as uniform changes, for compatibility reasons, I'm going to keep the uniform colorlist entirely stock but tweak the colors so they're more vibrant and less muted. I'm completely serious about loading up this roster and having it work 100% with no issues on the first try.

The only IDs that will be an issue will be the global IDs because they are associated with the portrait.iff file.

What I don't want to do is assign a new player any ID that is in that portrait.iff file that could overwrite an existing player portrait. I'm going to try and get a list of every portrait ID in portrait.iff, reference it to the IDs in the roster and make new IDs that don't overwrite any of the portrait IDs in that file.

@headtrip47 have you added any new players to your roster? The one I've been working on is this one.

If all that's been done are just player movements and attributes, I can merge your changes into what I've been doing with no issues.

As far as portraits, @Bostonnico here's a method that's worked for me: 

Yahoo! Sports has HD official portraits but you just need to modify the URL to access them.

Click Enter.

You should have the portrait picture with bigger dimensions as a PNG with transparency, something around 3500x2300. You can crop this to the size needed (256x256) using GIMP or Photoshop.

Just now, Kccitystar said:

There are some cyberface IDs that I want to protect, like the ones listed up top: 9000-9003, 9100-9103, 9200-9279.  I think everyone who has a face ID already assigned won't really need a brand new ID but would need to have their face manually changed on the roster.

Speaking of making changes, I do want to keep in mind that this roster we're all working on is a base roster that we can 100% stack all of our changes on for any project we're looking to work on since it will basically delete every player that is no longer active on any team or has retired (like Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, etc.) and make slot space for newer guys with the proper attributes/IDs.

The goal I feel that everyone working on this base roster project should think about is if someone wanted to just copy and paste this .ROS file into their game and play a season or a game mode with it, they should be able to do that without downloading extra stuff other than a portrait pack to get the new photos in the game.  As far as uniform changes, for compatibility reasons, I'm going to keep the uniform colorlist entirely stock but tweak the colors so they're more vibrant and less muted. I'm completely serious about loading up this roster and having it work 100% with no issues on the first try.

The only IDs that will be an issue will be the global IDs because they are associated with the portrait.iff file.

What I don't want to do is assign a new player any ID that is in that portrait.iff file that could overwrite an existing player portrait. I'm going to try and get a list of every portrait ID in portrait.iff, reference it to the IDs in the roster and make new IDs that don't overwrite any of the portrait IDs in that file.

@headtrip47 have you added any new players to your roster? The one I've been working on is this one.

If all that's been done are just player movements and attributes, I can merge your changes into what I've been doing with no issues.

For portraits, here's a method that's worked for me: 

Yahoo Sports has HD official portraits but you just need to modify the URL to access them.

Click Enter.

You should have the portrait picture with bigger dimensions as a PNG with transparency, something around 3500x2300. You can crop this to the size needed (256x256) using GIMP or Photoshop.

Later i will send to you my roster so you can test it.. i replacing all the fake players with the existing players... also i added every teams prospects.... i did not change the appearance id, global id...only i change the cf id.... im using the default roster...my plan is to use old players and change it toba new player to insert them to the double A and Single A rosters....

23 minutes ago, headtrip47 said:

Later i will send to you my roster so you can test it.. i replacing all the fake players with the existing players... also i added every teams prospects.... i did not change the appearance id, global id...only i change the cf id.... im using the default roster...my plan is to use old players and change it toba new player to insert them to the double A and Single A rosters....

I'm confused. I think you're doing more work than you need to, brother!

This is what I did with your trade deadline roster:

• Everyone's values/attributes are intact, so nobody's equipment has been reset and nobody's batting stance/pitching motions were changed.
  • There were appearance IDs that were duplicated which was a huge issue. What I did to fix that was just copy/paste all of the attributes for the players that were assigned the same appearance ID and pasted the values into their own slot so that I can generate a unique appearance ID and assign it to the player.
  • There were a lot of players that were originally in the stock 2K12 roster that were missing their assigned cyberface/global ID, so I reset those back to what their default values were. Everyone that's still an active player from the 2K12 rosters still have the same global ID and Cyberface ID.
  • Players who had a CF_ID that was not a cyberface provided by a stock copy of MLB2K12 has been reset to 0 and a Headshape has been assigned instead.
  • Slot space meant for CAT and CAP teams were either missing entirely or did not have the proper amount of slots required, so I imported them all from the stock 2K12 roster.
  • Everyone that's an active player was assigned a PlType of 5. I assume it's to make them editable in the game, but I'm going to reset them to 4 since all of their values can be edited through REDitor anyway.
  • Managers that were assigned to teams that had appearance IDs or audio IDs that weren't from the official 2K12 rosters have been cleared out so they can receive a new appearance ID, and an audio ID of -1 since they're a brand new manager that started after the 2012 season. (Back to my note about Managers and Appearance IDs)
  • The entire Teams tab has been realigned so all minor league team names are in A-Z order by tier like their Major League teams. I have to make those changes to the Players tab, but that should be easily doable (about 30 mins)
  • Awards have been updated to 2019
  • Records have been updated to 2019

There's a bunch of small stuff but I took care of a lot of the heavy lifting here. I think once I provide a beta for you to work on and test with all of the essentials done, then we can stack the stats and make attribute changes accordingly ;)

Just now, Kccitystar said:

I'm confused. I think you're doing more work than you need to, brother!

This is what I did with your trade deadline roster:

• Everyone's values/attributes are intact, so nobody's equipment has been reset and nobody's batting stance/pitching motions were changed.
  • There were appearance IDs that were duplicated which was a huge issue. What I did to fix that was just copy/paste all of the attributes for the players that were assigned the same appearance ID and pasted the values into their own slot so that I can generate a unique appearance ID and assign it to the player.
  • There were a lot of players that were originally in the stock 2K12 roster that were missing their assigned cyberface/global ID, so I reset those back to what their default values were. Everyone that's still an active player from the 2K12 rosters still have the same global ID and Cyberface ID.
  • Players who had a CF_ID that was not a cyberface provided by a stock copy of MLB2K12 has been reset to 0 and a Headshape has been assigned instead.
  • Slot space meant for CAT and CAP teams were either missing entirely or did not have the proper amount of slots required, so I imported them all from the stock 2K12 roster.
  • Everyone that's an active player was assigned a PlType of 5. I assume it's to make them editable in the game, but I'm going to reset them to 4 since all of their values can be edited through REDitor anyway.
  • Managers that were assigned to teams that had appearance IDs or audio IDs that weren't from the official 2K12 rosters have been cleared out so they can receive a new appearance ID, and an audio ID of -1 since they're a brand new manager that started after the 2012 season. (Back to my note about Managers and Appearance IDs)
  • The entire Teams tab has been realigned so all minor league team names are in A-Z order by tier like their Major League teams. I have to make those changes to the Players tab, but that should be easily doable (about 30 mins)
  • Awards have been updated to 2019
  • Records have been updated to 2019

There's a bunch of small stuff but I took care of a lot of the heavy lifting here. I think once I provide a beta for you to work on and test with all of the essentials done, then we can stack the stats and make attribute changes accordingly ;)

Maybe i should try the roster that you are working on.. but i will keep my roster as a back up....

On 1/4/2020 at 7:36 PM, headtrip47 said:

I send the roster.. just check it and give a try...

I'll take a look at this today and see if I can merge my changes into this. I want to apologize if it's holding you guys up from working on this, some things have come up with my job at the moment.

59 minutes ago, headtrip47 said:

What portrait.iff are we going to use? The default one or this current???

That is what I wonder, because I want to work on the new portrait but I don't know if new portrait ID numbers will be assigned, or it will stay the same with the current portrait IDs we have.

I would like very much, that the original method is maintained the same cyberface ID number is the same portrait ID number

verla2.png

@BostonnicoThe portrait and cyberface ID are the same for a lot of players, but for a lot of other players, the portrait ID is different from the face ID on purpose. That's because the portrait ID is the Global ID on REDitor and as I mentioned before, there are a number of IDs that are used as either placeholders on the roster or reserved for in-game data like Create-A-Team, Create-A-Player, generated draft players, etc.

The CF ID doesn't matter much since it will reference the player_head_xxxx.iff file in your folder, but the portrait ID matters.

Archived