Jump to content
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
headtrip47

MLB2K12 2020 Roster Thread

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, jroh88_1969 said:

no rush but any timeframe on the 2020 roster even if it a beta

 

Honest answer, I don't have a time frame. I did, however, post an update last week on my progress with what I've been up to.
 

This project is balanced by the time I have outside of work to work on it, and given that:
 

  • It's about 3000+ players, and I'm making it a point to make sure that they play how they play and they look how they look (outside of having generic faces)
  • It includes the 2020 schedule and I have to fully ensure that the game can generate future schedules with the 2013 realignment in mind (which is a reason why a lot of rosters have issues in Franchise mode)
  • There are player stats to insert for all of these players, and then having to test the roster out via simulations, it can get time consuming.


There should be recent rosters out in the downloads section though for immediate play with player movements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kccitystar said:

Backups, backups e mais Backups ;)

dgaudXG.png

Quais você está usando

Of all that I tested, WF2K Opening Day 19 was the only one that worked for more than 2 seasons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 8:01 PM, Kccitystar said:

 

Exactly what I was looking to do.  There are so many teams with entirely new staff so it's hard to generate individual managerial ratings. I figured, screw it, I'll just create average ratings "stacks" for each team's staff.

 

So, my "recipe" would be something like this, if it makes sense, maybe not: Attribute ratings are usually based on prior season stats, so in theory, the idea is to find 3 or 4 teams of staff with a similar win/loss record and percentage, and use their ratings to calculate an average ratings "stack" for the entire 2020 DBacks staff. This gives me at least a baseline pattern I can work with.

 

So using this example, the 2019 Diamondbacks were 85-77 with a .525 win percentage.

 

To find some accurate matches, I trended toward higher averages rather than lower ones to find sets that matched (Since the past three seasons the DBacks have been .524, .506, and .525) . I need to find win percentages from several teams from the 2011 season that would give me staff ratings that would be equal or close to that .525 win percentage.

 

In 2011:

 

The Giants, Angels and Dodgers were .531

The Atlanta Braves were .549

The Boston Red Sox were .556

 

So, these are the 2K12 ratings for all combined staff, in no particular order:


Managers:

Bruce Bochy - 91/58/49/64/52

Mike Scioscia - 97/95/95/95/97

Don Mattingly - 88/98/92/97/96

Fredi Gonzalez - 66/66/63/63/52

Bobby Valentine - 65/80/72/89/73

 

Hitting Coaches:

Dave Hansen - 77/92/93/88/87

Hensley Meulens - 61/53/43/53/54

Greg Walker - 88/82/53/67/60

Jim Eppard - 70/92/91/92/97

Dave Magadan - 71/86/65/83/63

 

Pitching Coaches:

Rick Honeycutt - 89/97/85/97/89

Dave Righetti - 72/54/49/55/50

Roger McDowell - 83/77/64/56/55

Mike Butcher - 70/92/89/82/97

Raul Nelson - 60/97/73/86/71

 

Trainers:

Mark Guzman - 71/97/82/97/94

Anastacio Mason - 58/54/37/54/47

Mickael Valentin - 70/74/58/55/63

Alex Lowes - 70/74/93/91/90

Nathaniel Paul - 62/87/74/74/65

 

Scouts:

Jay Caffee - 70/97/90/98/97

Ray Coghlan - 61/55/34/56/48

Nicholas Jordan - 70/68/68/55/56

Chris Hayden - 70/78/98/90/97

Dewon Carter - 53/97/63/85/60

 

Using the formula I made up, this is the rating stack I got for the DBacks staff:

 

2020 DBacks Staff (Manager, Hitting/Pitching Coach/Trainer/Scout):

Torey Lovullo - 81/79/74/82/74

Darnell Coles - 73/81/69/76/72

Matt Herges - 75/83/72/75/72

Ryan DiPanfilo - 66/77/68/74/72

Deric Ladnier - 65/79/70/77/72

 

Because of the limitations of 2K12, there's no way to include other valuable managerial stats like tendencies or things like that, so this was a best case scenario that would best represent a .525 win% team trending upward.

 

@jack805td @TheWolfof2K, @headtrip47 @MercyLord does this make sense guys?

Got pulled away with some virus related work issues.... all is well... should be able to pick this back up shortly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Interesting, forum users know what a spoiler is ....?

Edited by Kacnep87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm willing to help with this.  I dont know of you have been through all the pitchers to get correct pitch types and average velocities input yet.  Would be happy to play around with these for the project.  I started tinkering around with this after i downloaded W2k 2019 roster and had pretty good results.

 

From what i have read, you have an idea of how you want player overalls to assist the AI in making more realistic decisions in franchise.  The rating system you are using from MLB down to A levels makes a lot of sense.  But i would like to help get pitchers squared away in regard to their real life arsenals/velocoties and attributes.  Id like to base control on b/s ratios, and movement on soft contact/whiff %.  How deep are you guys going when looking at attributes assigned to players.  

 

Composure ratings are another one that are interesting.  When you are looking at these, how would you make a decision on this attribute?  Is there a statistical metric that could be referenced?  Of course, i know you guys are going deep into this roster, and with all the other information accuracy you are going for it may not have been looked at at all yet?

Edited by WacoKid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking about pitcher composure ratings more today, and doing some reading on clutch ratings and related sabremetrics, I'm going to try and come up with a baseline composure score based on league average in BA/RISP and K/RISP.  Accordingly, any score above/below this would increase/decrease the rating accordingly from a baseline of the league average.  Seems like it would apply ratings based on those metrics in a standard way and affect how the player manages their rotation and bullpen in high leverage situations.  Adds some depth.

 

I've started with the Braves rotation on pitch types, velocities, tendencies using Wf2k's 2019 roster.  Need to add in proper composure ratings based on a standard scale and explore some other areas to test if these can affect AI pitching for the better, and maybe in franchise to see how dynamic stats would be impacted over time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 5:03 PM, jacksonctgsq said:

Of all that I tested, WF2K Opening Day 19 was the only one that worked for more than 2 seasons

Glad to hear the roster is still working 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, this project isn't dead at all. 

 

Went through some hardware issues (ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR WORK) and personal events, but this is basically where I'm at right now with my spreadsheet:

 

8tP1Qq7.png

 

The IDs on the left are portrait IDs and the ones on the right are cyberface IDs. Every player shaded in yellow is from the stock 2K12 roster and is meant to help me figure out who is still an active player in 2020. Everyone not shaded yellow is in the 2020 roster.  I'm doing one pass through this roster with the 2K12 players and making sure everyone in both rosters have the same IDs, then I'm doing a quick comparison with the 2K13 roster so any player in the current 2020 roster has the same IDs from the 2K13 roster.

 

There's like 4000 players on this so it'll take some time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

excellent news, 👍👍👏👏 take the time it takes to finish this great project, thank you very much for everything. greetings bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An Update:

 

giphy.gif

 

All players and legends teams have been imported into the roster and the only team with career stats at the moment are the AL and NL Greats teams. I should be able to start testing my changes tonight or tomorrow since the Teams tab will need work (to put everybody on the right teams).

 

Ideally a full beta release will likely have ZERO stats for everyone.

 

Progress should be moving faster now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

An Update:

 

giphy.gif

 

All players and legends teams have been imported into the roster and the only team with career stats at the moment are the AL and NL Greats teams. I should be able to start testing my changes tonight or tomorrow since the Teams tab will need work (to put everybody on the right teams).

 

Ideally a full beta release will likely have ZERO stats for everyone.

 

Progress should be moving faster now.

This is amazing news...I'm so ready to get this roster, so I can start adding the proper faces to each team...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Behindshadows said:

This is amazing news...I'm so ready to get this roster, so I can start adding the proper faces to each team...

See, I didn't forget about your request, my friend. I thought of you ❤️ 

 

A separate roster with the CF ID's intended for the MLB2K20 project exists ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

See, I didn't forget about your request, my friend. I thought of you ❤️ 

 

A separate roster with the CF ID's intended for the MLB2K20 project exists ;)

You are the man....thanks so much for that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An Update:

 

Work has started on team lineups. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way I can set the Angels lineup through REDitor to feature Shohei Ohtani as a DH while retaining him in the rotation without having to create a duplicate player. Should be fun.

 

Given that there are 119 teams to work with, this is probably a big chunk of work as well, but shouldn't take as long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An update:

 

It's a rough time in the US right now, but here's something that will put a smile on your face, especially right on time to end the month on a good note. 

 

Hopefully this gives you guys a glimpse of what's coming hopefully next month, because we've hit a milestone on this:

 

a6FfX5L.png

jN8njpa.png

 

After months of working within REDitor, the roster loaded up PERFECTLY! Can't tell you how excited I was to see it.

 

I'm able to load it up with no problem and play an exhibition game and tinker with appearances a bit :) I've been just spending as much time as I can making sure all of the in-game stuff works and there's no crashing (to my knowledge).

 

I've intentionally left the stats for all players and teams that the game can reference or utilize for in-game logic to 0 because with what I'm currently doing, I don't care about that at this point in time since it won't matter much. Since the version I'm using is based off of all of the in-game faces, there are 0 portraits installed in my copy of 2K12, so everybody with a face will just show up like Aaron Hicks here. When it's ready to be included in the MLB2K20 project, I will replace all of the values with the proper cyberface IDs in my other thread.

 

The BIG test will be once I get the rosters complete for the legends teams (AL and NL Greats), and whether or not I can sim seasons with the 2020 schedule and not have the game self-destruct. THEN I can worry about the small stuff (like Aaron Judge looking like Aaron Judge, and not having his body set to the default Average build with 0 chest/stomach/butt/thigh/calf size).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kccitystar

If you need help at some point getting the tangible pitcher info entered to the roster let me know.  Happy to do the yeomans work at getting all that entered so you can work on more important things.  I dont understand the way previous years stats are entered in reditor yet.  But can start compiling that info for importation, just need to figure out how to format to make this a copy/paste job.  Feel free to hit me up if you want help with any of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WacoKid said:

@Kccitystar

If you need help at some point getting the tangible pitcher info entered to the roster let me know.  Happy to do the yeomans work at getting all that entered so you can work on more important things.  I dont understand the way previous years stats are entered in reditor yet.  But can start compiling that info for importation, just need to figure out how to format to make this a copy/paste job.  Feel free to hit me up if you want help with any of that.

 

Much appreciated brother, I have stumbled upon something critical though with this roster that's made me overhaul all of my work and streamline things a little better:

 

An Update:

 

Time to explain some research I've been working on. It looks like I'm going to have to make some sort of structure for this roster, which will be fun since I have all the data I need populated.

 

5Hb8nmu.png

 

So it turns out, on REDitor, when you copy a row, ANY row, you also copy the reference to that slot.

 

If you create a player outside of doing it in the game, you should not duplicate an existing player slot. This is a problem.
 

If you ever worked on a roster and you copied a player to put in the new value for a new guy, what I've noticed is that the game will still announce them as the original player in commentary.

That's probably because the player that's being referenced had their slot copied to make that player. Since that was a copied slot, it carries an in-game reference to the previous player (Inside Edge data, commentary audio references) that can't be changed from what's visible on REDitor.

 

This should explain why some players have the audio ID of someone else even though the global ID is different, and if you created him in the game and edited that on REDitor afterward, the game doesn't mention the old player anymore. The reason being that there are CAP slots specific to the position the player plays.

 

Your best bet to avoid problems (if you're like me and you want to do this outside of REDitor and then test in-game) is to copy the CAP slots for each position (0-8, meaning from P to RF) for as many players as you will need, or better yet, if you are making a player from scratch, copy a CAP slot with the player's position type rather than copy an existing player.

 

Managers use specific appearance slots as well, and when we clone appearance slots there is a chance we'll get a guy with a jacket as a pitcher (which crashes the game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

 

Much appreciated brother, I have stumbled upon something critical though with this roster that's made me overhaul all of my work and streamline things a little better:

 

An Update:

 

Time to explain some research I've been working on. It looks like I'm going to have to make some sort of structure for this roster, which will be fun since I have all the data I need populated.

 

5Hb8nmu.png

 

So it turns out, on REDitor, when you copy a row, ANY row, you also copy the reference to that slot.

 

If you create a player outside of doing it in the game, you should not duplicate an existing player slot. This is a problem.
 

If you ever worked on a roster and you copied a player to put in the new value for a new guy, what I've noticed is that the game will still announce them as the original player in commentary.

That's probably because the player that's being referenced had their slot copied to make that player. Since that was a copied slot, it carries an in-game reference to the previous player (Inside Edge data, commentary audio references) that can't be changed from what's visible on REDitor.

 

This should explain why some players have the audio ID of someone else even though the global ID is different, and if you created him in the game and edited that on REDitor afterward, the game doesn't mention the old player anymore. The reason being that there are CAP slots specific to the position the player plays.

 

Your best bet to avoid problems (if you're like me and you want to do this outside of REDitor and then test in-game) is to copy the CAP slots for each position (0-8, meaning from P to RF) for as many players as you will need, or better yet, if you are making a player from scratch, copy a CAP slot with the player's position type rather than copy an existing player.

 

Managers use specific appearance slots as well, and when we clone appearance slots there is a chance we'll get a guy with a jacket as a pitcher (which crashes the game).

Sounds very complicated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I've run into a crisis with the roster, and this sucks:

 

There are a ton of player slots with audio data and inside edge data weaved in and out of the default roster.

 

It looks like duplicating player slots on REDitor is causing an issue where the faces will be duplicated as well for some reason.

I imported everyone into the roster, and it looks like I made one change to Aaron Hicks and suddenly everyone was Aaron Hicks in game. Not sure what's truly going on :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

So, I've run into a crisis with the roster, and this sucks:

 

There are a ton of player slots with audio data and inside edge data weaved in and out of the default roster.

 

It looks like duplicating player slots on REDitor is causing an issue where the faces will be duplicated as well for some reason.

I imported everyone into the roster, and it looks like I made one change to Aaron Hicks and suddenly everyone was Aaron Hicks in game. Not sure what's truly going on :(

Sorry to hear that...I hope you backed it up before that happen...all your work was so tedious..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Behindshadows said:

Sorry to hear that...I hope you backed it up before that happen...all your work was so tedious..

 

What I've worked on is pretty easy to just copy and paste back in, but the base I'm trying to create is broken since I want to be able to put guys in the game:

 

1) without Inside Edge data (since this influences how the defense lines up  against you)

2) without audio references to a player slot (i.e. Bregman being called David Ortiz)

 

The only way I can do this is by utilizing CAP slots, but there's not enough to go around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.