Online play on PS2

stillplaying

Hello all, I know it says to post Xbox/PS2 questions in a console forum, but I didn't see it listed.

Is it still possible to play the PS2 version online? I'm guessing the servers were shut down long ago, but I'd be happy to buy a PS2 to be able to play online with my brothers.

Thanks!

Hey welcome to the site!

Unfortunately the game was a part of EA Sports Online which gave them control over the servers rather than the P2P type of gameplay we know today with Steam, PS3/4 and Xbox Live. Since they shut the servers down some couple of years after the game released, online play on consoles is no longer available.

3 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Hey welcome to the site!

Unfortunately the game was a part of EA Sports Online which gave them control over the servers rather than the P2P type of gameplay we know today with Steam, PS3/4 and Xbox Live. Since they shut the servers down some couple of years after the game released, online play on consoles is no longer available.

That's too bad. Thanks for the reply!

You can play IP 2 IP with PC's, but you basically should both have the same exact install.  My brother and I have been playing for years this way, even with the classic pitching mod (i.e., no meter on screen for distractions)

The other thing is you'll want to ping each other's address.  Anything over 50 and you may have some lag/stuttering when playing, which you'll get anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 10:40 PM, Kccitystar said:

Hey welcome to the site!

That's too bad. Thanks for the reply!

Archived