MLB2k - Binghamton Rumble Ponies Uniforms

rangers9911

Hi everyone,

New to the MLB mod community but, used to be a modder for EA's NHL series for over a decade. I decided to try my hand with the Binghamton Rumble Ponies with temps by umachine. Not 100% perfect but better than nothing. Stitching not needed on logos as they are screen-printed on in real life. Please excuse the quality of the attached previews as i have to use Parallels desktop on a much older macbook. In-game with full quality, textures look great but still a WIP at this time. 

Items completed:
1. Home Jersey with new text for numbers only (letters not included)
2. Away "Rumble" jersey with new text for numbers only (letters not included)
3. Crowd
4. Colorlist

Items to attend to:
1. Overlay/Team selection menu logo overlay (wip)
2. Manager textures 

home.jpg

away.jpg

crowd.jpg

This looks awesome. Are the fonts custom made? Worst case scenario you can use a non MiLB template (for a team like this with a wide team logo on the chest, maybe the Cardinals), and edit the fonts from within that uniform.

2K uses AWFUL kerning on several uniforms and on some unis the fonts are well spaced out (Rockies and Cardinals come to mind)

10 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

What the hell is a Rumble Pony?

It's a nickname for a Carousel. The logo itself is an aggressive carousel horse.

Binghamton itself is known as "the carousel capital of the world" since there are 6 in the city out of fewer than 170 antique carousels in the United States and Canada combined.

5 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

This looks awesome. Are the fonts custom made? Worst case scenario you can use a non MiLB template (for a team like this with a wide team logo on the chest, maybe the Cardinals), and edit the fonts from within that uniform.

2K uses AWFUL kerning on several uniforms and on some unis the fonts are well spaced out (Rockies and Cardinals come to mind)

Thank you  @Kccitystar for the feedback. I'll have to look into that for later versions more than likely. Having a newborn doesn't allow much time for modding and exploration of files haha. Yes, the number font is custom- vectored from pictures of their clubhouse nameplates. That is what took the most time! I do plan on doing custom letters but, just not in the cards and as names are not on the uniforms in real life, I'll do my best to live with it (I'm kind of a "it matters to me person" like you and your amazing schedule work)

34 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Man, you learn something every day! Thank you. 🙂

@Yankee4Life Could have been more interesting as far as names for the team...

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on this. V1 will include: Home & Away Uniforms, and working on manager file for v1 as well. Just an additional question, I'm sure there is but I haven't checked the forums yet: Can you add uniform slots to MiLB teams? If so, I might include the new 2020 alternate once pictures are available.

7 minutes ago, rangers9911 said:

Still working on this. V1 will include: Home & Away Uniforms. Working on manager now. Just an additional question, I'm sure there is but I haven't checked the forums yet: Can you add uniform slots to MiLB teams? If so, I might include the new 2020 alternate once pictures are available.

It is a little tricky on REDitor but yes, it's possible. 

The MLB2K12 Roster Editor by tywiggins, which is also hosted here and get used a lot, has been superseded by REDitor. Using it now to import jerseys will overwrite spaces used for team templates in the Create-A-Team mode.

I will give you some advice if you allow me, when you use the REDitorII and edit the teams, never change the initials to the AbbrID box, because it will create problems for you, the roster will create problems for game breakdown and the identity of the logos . greetings and very good project.

@Kccitystar and @guaro1379 Thank you both. Right now, the manager file #3 is giving me some trouble, it keeps inverting horizontally when imported in NBAmod. Even when saved inverted in an effort to correct it, it still remains inverted-trying to figure that out.  However, I do have the team selection/menu logos in (see photos below).

After I finish the manager stuff, I have to figure out:
1. How to edit scoreclock/overlay logos 

logo_ingame.jpg

note that this is happening to me only half is saved but that error happened to me yesterday, it will be an update made by my image editor or the nvidia plugin, however I save it with Paint.NET which is a good image editor and it is clear to me, work with your rditor as long as you save it in png then open Paint.NET and save it in DXT5 and that's it I'm doing it with the 2K WBC, well I finished the logos all I'm changing the AAA and AA uniforms, regards

I felt like I didn't accurately explain my issue. Made this chart below to hopefully explain whats happening and show what I'm seeing in-game. Want to get this logo issue wrapped up and finish up the manager so I can try and get V1 out this week.
logo_issue.jpg.deeadf7179a8bf15783c69ee41ffc878.jpg

Okay, I was able to fix the logo orientation issue. So I am one step closer to getting this out. However, I'm still having an issue with the logos on the scoreclock and at the lineup pause screen. I've replaced all logos in the large, medium, & small logo iff's (#186 and #244 if I recall correctly) and with the manager. Even with that, this is what I'm . I've downloaded a few other overlays and no issues. I've included what I'm seeing below.

logo_issue2.jpg

Just now, rangers9911 said:

Okay, I was able to fix the logo orientation issue. So I am one step closer to getting this out. However, I'm still having an issue with the logos on the scoreclock and at the lineup pause screen. I've replaced all logos in the large, medium, & small logo iff's (#186 and #244 if I recall correctly) and with the manager. Even with that, this is what I'm . I've downloaded a few other overlays and no issues. I've included what I'm seeing below.

logo_issue2.jpg

It's not generating enough mipmaps so they blend together. I'll send you the scorebug logo you need to complete this :)

rumbleponies.dds

10 minutes ago, rangers9911 said:

Yes, NBA2kMod Tool. The MLB2k Mod Tool will not run on my XP.

Just recreated this issue with NBA2KX Mod Tool and it looks like it's the editor that's the problem.

I'll send over the .iff with the modded scorebug logo and you just have to import the .dds files onto it :)

uniform_bim.iff

12 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Just recreated this issue with NBA2KX Mod Tool and it looks like it's the editor that's the problem.

I'll send over the .iff with the modded scorebug logo and you just have to import the .dds files onto it :)

uniform_bim.iff 1.19 MB · 1 download

Thank you very much. Will hopefully get it packaged up and V1 out around the weekend. Thank you again!

• 5 months later...

Archived