Let's Play: MVP Baseball 98 with BallFour

BallFour

Hey all! In the interest of taking this out of the shoutbox, I decided to create a thread for it. My goal is to play a 1998 game per day until we actually get baseball back. I'll be livestreaming them on my Twitch account, and then posting the video to YouTube shortly thereafter. Link to Twitch below:

https://www.twitch.tv/stereoswimmer

To watch after the fact, here's the complete playlist with every game.

First up is an exhibition from March 31, 1998. This was actually Opening Day for the 1998 season, as the Devil Rays and Diamondbacks played their first ever games. In honor of that, I decided to feature them in the first Let's Play.

3 hours ago, laroquece said:

What a game!!!, Walk Off GRAND SLAM by Oakland. (game 4)

Yup. By their 9 hitter. It's pretty challenging with the sim pack Gordo gave me. No pitching meter = very difficult to control pitches. Which leads to a walkoff grand slam by Rafael Bournigal.

Well guys, I've got some bad news. With work, it looks like we're rearranging schedules a little bit, so I don't know when I'm going to be able to continue this. For now, I'm just glad that I still have a job and I'm still getting paid, but it just requires some changes.

21 hours ago, BallFour said:

Yup. By their 9 hitter. It's pretty challenging with the sim pack Gordo gave me. No pitching meter = very difficult to control pitches. Which leads to a walkoff grand slam by Rafael Bournigal.

It's gets easier the more you play, but still has continual challenge.  Partly the reason I did this is it became too easy not to strike out and wasn't getting realistic strikeouts on my end vs. the PC, not that I was necessarily winning more, just making too many outs in the field.  This definitely helped.

Also, minimally, I'd suggest turning off the hot/cold zones ... you wouldn't normally see that in a broadcast.  Personally, I hate that they show the K zone box all the time  .... makes it look like a video game imo.  Also the attribute indicators and names constantly on continues to makes it look more and more like a video game versus a broadcast.

Archived