Master Default Global/Cyberface ID List for MLB 2K12-2K13

Kccitystar

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

The portrait ID and face ID are separate things.

Don't mean to sound like a newb, I know they're separate, so they have different ID numbers, instead of the same for both?  Ex.. Mike Trout's portrait ID is 439 and his face is 606.  And his new ID is 1848. Do I put 1848 under both portrait and face ID's?  Not trying to be difficult, trying to understand how this works.

1 hour ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Don't mean to sound like a newb, I know they're separate, so they have different ID numbers, instead of the same for both?  Ex.. Mike Trout's portrait ID is 439 and his face is 606.  And his new ID is 1848. Do I put 1848 under both portrait and face ID's?  Not trying to be difficult, trying to understand how this works.

Well, in the stock rosters for MLB 2K12, Mike Trout's portrait ID is 3528, and he has always had a generic face (something in the 9000s). The game uses a set range of generic faces for MiLB talent and assorted talent that may not have had the time during development to get their faces scanned in the game.

In the revamped list of player IDs and face IDs, since he's in the original 2K12 stock roster, he does not get a new portrait ID, so he retains his portrait ID (3528). Additionally, since we are assigning him a face that isn't a generic one, it's been set to an unused ID, which would be 0001.

All new players will not get one ID for both, because out of 3000+ players in the stock 2K12 roster, there were only 685 players who had the same Global ID as their CF_ID.  That's a small number. There's an even smaller percentage of players out of the 685 that are still active in MLB.

3 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Well, in the stock rosters for MLB 2K12, Mike Trout's portrait ID is 3528, and he has always had a generic face (something in the 9000s). The game uses a set range of generic faces for MiLB talent and assorted talent that may not have had the time during development to get their faces scanned in the game.

In the revamped list of player IDs and face IDs, since he's in the original 2K12 stock roster, he does not get a new portrait ID, so he retains his portrait ID (3528). Additionally, since we are assigning him a face that isn't a generic one, it's been set to an unused ID, which would be 0001.

All new players will not get one ID for both, because out of 3000+ players in the stock 2K12 roster, there were only 685 players who had the same Global ID as their CF_ID.  That's a small number. There's an even smaller percentage of players out of the 685 that are still active in MLB.

Thanks for the explanation. You're the best !

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be updating this list again with names and IDs for minor league talent and the free agent pool for the 2020 roster, as the list is no longer accurate. 

The guys on the MLB rosters are good, but the minor league players and free agents are not. For some reason I still have guys who retired in 2010 on there.

• 4 months later...

I realize you are all doing a ton of work, so I hope this isn't taken as too pushy (this is one of my first times on the forums here) but I realized that in the master list you have added Aaron Boone with CF #8010 which on the original manager/staff list you have listed as Tony LaRussa. The same goes for Ron Roenicke who on the new list you have down as CF# 8041 but on the original 2K listing it's 8033. Is this just a phasing issue, where the data for the original coach CF's was compiled after assigning new #'s for the 2020 season? If it is intentional wouldn't that mean existing CF's for LaRussa and Roenicke would need to be pulled out and renamed to a different number so there isn't any overlap? 

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Is there any way to find out the Id for The Pitching Coaches? It would be nice to Change the Face of the person who comes out and hads the ball to the new pitcher to a Current manager Face, but the 

MLB2K12 CF Master Sheet Only has manager Ids and not Pitching coaches. It would take a long time going through each .iff file to find the face of the Pitching coach for a team. Is there a way to find out in cheat engine? Thanks in advance for any information you can offer on this subject matter.

On 2/3/2021 at 4:19 AM, jarmusic2 said:

Is there any way to find out the Id for The Pitching Coaches? It would be nice to Change the Face of the person who comes out and hads the ball to the new pitcher to a Current manager Face, but the 

MLB2K12 CF Master Sheet Only has manager Ids and not Pitching coaches. It would take a long time going through each .iff file to find the face of the Pitching coach for a team. Is there a way to find out in cheat engine? Thanks in advance for any information you can offer on this subject matter.

Friend, in mlb2k12 the one who comes out to hads the ball to the new pitcher is the manager, not the pitching coach.  

@Jed has done several manager cyberfaces, he can go to the download site and get them there

14 hours ago, Bostonnico said:

Friend, in mlb2k12 the one who comes out to hads the ball to the new pitcher is the manager, not the pitching coach.  

@Jed has done several manager cyberfaces, he can go to the download site and get them there

You know what I think you are probably right. Thanks I have the Manager id number so ill be creating a face for Jayce Tingler. have a nice day.

• 2 months later...

I'm in the process of redoing the list of CF_IDs and Global IDs since I'm aware now that the game doesn't read IDs past 9999. This likely means a ton of people are going to get new Global IDs below 9999.

I don't want you guys to worry about the wrong CF_IDs being assigned, since those are not going to change. Faces that haven't been worked on or players that have retired since the last list update will probably get a new CF_ID.

Out of all of the players in both 2K12 and 2K13, only ~250 are still active players. Crazy.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Behindshadows said:

Hey KC is there an updated spreadsheet with current players, I really want to edit a roster and share so people don't have to change the CF numbers for all the uploads that are already here.

I have a roster that is compatible with the master sheets.. if you want i can send to you for beta testing..

Archived