Master Default Global/Cyberface ID List for MLB 2K12-2K13

Kccitystar

One of the ongoing things I'm trying to get a handle on with rosters that have come out for a long time are a few things that stand out to me:

The amount of slots used, which varies per roster (which is a problem as there are slots intentionally made for user generated data within the game that get removed/replaced), and the Global IDs which are all over the place for portraits. What I am seeing a lot now with new mods are portrait packs that suggest someone use their own portrait ID to import into 2K12, which is not something I'd like to see become common, because it will only make the situation we've had going on with updated rosters and portraits since the 2012 season even worse since there's no official list they can look at to.

I'm looking to change that. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47935a39f612787c6ca3

Unlike MVP Baseball, the game doesn't keep a .sav for user generated changes within the game and keep the stock roster data separate. The game uses the .ROS for all player data as well as statistics/team data, which is why it will load up on startup every time if you enable Auto Saves in your profile.  MLB2K12 will use your roster to store user generated roster data whether it's creating a team or a player, or roster movements in general, so it's important that things remain consistent.

I'm working on a master list of every Global ID the game assigns to a player from the original 2K12-2K13 rosters, so every existing player in future rosters will have a global and cyberface ID for in-game use, from MLB down to Class A.

• The one rule I want everyone to follow and understand is that because players move around a lot between the minors and some players retire/leave the minors every year, please consider the ID list as a living document that will change over time to reflect that. I will set up a Notes section indicating what was changed with a date and time as well if an ID gets recycled.

The goal is to have every player that did not come with the 2012-2013 game assigned a Global ID. Every player from the 2012-2013 season that has retired between then and now, but had a global ID in some cases will be recycled to a new player. What we want to avoid is to hit the 9999 ID limit between portraits and cyberfaces since it's come to my attention that the game doesn't read portrait and CF IDs past 9999.

What you will need in order to start using this new system is an original copy of portrait.iff and portrait.cdf that you can decompress with NBA2KXModTool 0.198.

Please use the following tutorial on installing portraits for 2K12

The IDs provided on this upcoming list are based on a number system that is a collaboration among modders and an effort was made to not have the photo IDs overlap with any existing Global IDs the game originally comes with unless there are still active players from the 2012 season in newer rosters.

There are a handful of guys with a common name (like John Smith, for example, even though he's not real) that exist as a Global ID so it's safe to use those. Guys like Albert Pujols will have his 2K12 Global ID, and so will Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Madison Bumgarner, etc. This is done to avoid situations with a 2020-2021 roster that may have a portrait assigned to an ID that the game will use for something else.

You might want to ask, what is the difference between a global ID and a cyberface ID? Well, Global IDs are used for in-game portraits, and in some situations both global IDs and cyberface IDs might be the same but for most players they are different.

Let me know if there are any questions.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bostonnico said:

What do you mean by that retroactive list, how can I help you with that.

Since MLB2K12 came out, people have been assigning random Face ID’s to their projects, but I’m trying to keep it all integrated with a standard roster for the game.

What I’m trying to do is make sure we have a standard face ID for the player so no matter what roster you download it will be the same ID for the face

@Kccitystar  is true
There are many rosters made by different users here, and they randomly assigned ID, but also in most cases, what they did was replace the name and other personal data of a current player, on a retired player. example in the last roster that I have, Bregman of Houston has all David Ortíz audios, the commentators at every moment named Bregman as Ortiz. and there are many more like that  🤣🤣🤣

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2019 at 12:40 PM, Bostonnico said:

@Kccitystar  is true
There are many rosters made by different users here, and they randomly assigned ID, but also in most cases, what they did was replace the name and other personal data of a current player, on a retired player. example in the last roster that I have, Bregman of Houston has all David Ortíz audios, the commentators at every moment named Bregman as Ortiz. and there are many more like that  🤣🤣🤣

I believe the best way to go with the rosters that get worked on is to just keep everybody created since 2012 with a generic face/headshape on the appearances and just modify from there when working on a project. It's what I plan on doing with this base roster I'm working on.

Every roster I've opened to take a look at is a mess with appearances/stats, and that sucks. The game could be greater than what it is.

13 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

I believe the best way to go with the rosters that get worked on is to just keep everybody created since 2012 with a generic face/headshape on the appearances and just modify from there when working on a project. It's what I plan on doing with this base roster I'm working on.

Every roster I've opened to take a look at is a mess with appearances/stats, and that sucks. The game could be greater than what it is.

I have always said that the roster is the soul of the game, the roster contains many important aspects of the game which over this time, have not been updated such as statistics, staff managers, coaches, etc. Because it is very complex and contains many things to update the moder cannot do all the work themselves, and that is understandable. That's why I thank you so much all the time and effort you are making to create the most complete and update roster of all time. Greetings 

• 3 months later...

I've updated the sheet with a ton of Cyberface IDs for new players. I'll keep adding people every Friday. Everyone that has a player_head_xxxx.iff file from the original MLB2K12 roster will be listed as well.

I am doing this so every player has an accurate CF ID that will not overwrite any cyberface that came with the game.

Please use this master list for all cyberface projects starting this year.

If there are faces already out, please go back and update them with the new IDs once your players have been added to the sheet.

Thanks a lot, I plan on updating all my cyberfaces that I have done in the past 3 years .... It is important that their Cyberfaces ID is compatible with the new roster ... I have about 140 cyberfaces, including 26 new ones that have not been released   .. .Thank KC, Great job ...

6 hours ago, Jed said:

Thanks a lot, I plan on updating all my cyberfaces that I have done in the past 3 years .... It is important that their Cyberfaces ID is compatible with the new roster ... I have about 140 cyberfaces, including 26 new ones that have not been released   .. .Thank KC, Great job …

Which ones did you not release yet? just curious. Your faces are amazing!!

An update:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478983a691b91bd748d3

it's FRIDAY, you know what that means.

Sheets have been updated with all of the original MLB2K12 cyberface IDs that came with the game as a quick reference in case you modified a face for a player that already exists.

Generic IDs are not listed yet but they will be next week.

What's left:

- List all generic faces for staff slots and player slots

- Update unused CF IDs for all players for the 2019/2020 season.

2 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

An update:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478983a691b91bd748d3

it's FRIDAY, you know what that means.

Sheets have been updated with all of the original MLB2K12 cyberface IDs that came with the game as a quick reference in case you modified a face for a player that already exists.

Generic IDs are not listed yet but they will be next week.

What's left:

- List all generic faces for staff slots and player slots

- Update unused CF IDs for all players for the 2019/2020 season.

First thanks for the hard work. The following players are missing from the list: Arenado, Seager, Sano Miguel, Rizzo Anthony, Robinson Cano, Bruce Jay, Bellinger Cody and Gordon Alex. The following players have double ID numbers: Sale Chris, Strasburg Stephen and Braun Ryan. Also need to add new players: Martinez Jose and Vasquez Christian ... Thanks again ...

3 hours ago, Jed said:

First thanks for the hard work. The following players are missing from the list: Arenado, Seager, Sano Miguel, Rizzo Anthony, Robinson Cano, Bruce Jay, Bellinger Cody and Gordon Alex. The following players have double ID numbers: Sale Chris, Strasburg Stephen and Braun Ryan. Also need to add new players: Martinez Jose and Vasquez Christian ... Thanks again ...

I've fixed the player list to include the missing IDs. Something happened when I copy and pasted values.

Players that are duplicates count as a separate appearance as they're on different teams (Home team and ASG team).

Just going down the list of players you mentioned:

Nolan Arenado debuted with Colorado in 2013, so he wouldn't get a face, and in MLB 2K13 he has a generic face rather than an actual cyberface (9275). Miguel Sano was not in any MLB roster until 2015, so he wouldn't get a cyberface ID. Kyle Seager is in this roster, but he has a generic face (9223), and Anthony Rizzo is in this roster, but he also has a generic face (9217). If a player has a generic face, it's only because they didn't play enough MLB games yet in 2011, or the player was added during the 2012 season. Rizzo for example, played 49 games for the Padres in 2011.

I've sorted out Real faces and Generic faces, so this can help everyone.

Note: Players who are missing from the list of players have been assigned a headshape rather than a generic face (Jose Altuve, Ruben Tejada, Brett Lawrie, Michael Morse, Yu Darvish, Yoenis Cespedes for example.)

17 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

I've fixed the player list to include the missing IDs. Something happened when I copy and pasted values.

Players that are duplicates count as a separate appearance as they're on different teams (Home team and ASG team).

Just going down the list of players you mentioned:

Nolan Arenado debuted with Colorado in 2013, so he wouldn't get a face, and in MLB 2K13 he has a generic face rather than an actual cyberface (9275). Miguel Sano was not in any MLB roster until 2015, so he wouldn't get a cyberface ID. Kyle Seager is in this roster, but he has a generic face (9223), and Anthony Rizzo is in this roster, but he also has a generic face (9217). If a player has a generic face, it's only because they didn't play enough MLB games yet in 2011, or the player was added during the 2012 season. Rizzo for example, played 49 games for the Padres in 2011.

I've sorted out Real faces and Generic faces, so this can help everyone.

Note: Players who are missing from the list of players have been assigned a headshape rather than a generic face (Jose Altuve, Ruben Tejada, Brett Lawrie, Michael Morse, Yu Darvish, Yoenis Cespedes for example.)

Thank you for your patience. If I understand correctly, Arenado, Sano, Seager, Bellinger, Rizzo will get a new cyberfaces ID number as well as 2 new players Jose Martinez and Vasquez Christian? And they will be placed in the Unused 0-500 sheet?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2020 at 9:02 AM, Jed said:

Thank you for your patience. If I understand correctly, Arenado, Sano, Seager, Bellinger, Rizzo will get a new cyberfaces ID number as well as 2 new players Jose Martinez and Vasquez Christian? And they will be placed in the Unused 0-500 sheet?

Yes.

I haven't updated the sheet in a while but this Friday is a big one ;)

List is up to date as of 5/1.

Managers have yet to be added as I'm still working on that tab, but everyone listed is an active MLB player either on the 40 man or in AAA.

Given how often guys come and go in AA and A ball, I didn't add those, but I can at some point.

16 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

List is up to date as of 5/1.

Managers have yet to be added as I'm still working on that tab, but everyone listed is an active MLB player either on the 40 man or in AAA.

Given how often guys come and go in AA and A ball, I didn't add those, but I can at some point.

Great, we finally have the whole list. Tell me will these cyberfaces ID numbers be the same for player portraits? Thanks KC for your perseverance and persistence ...

On 5/2/2020 at 7:30 AM, Jed said:

Great, we finally have the whole list. Tell me will these cyberfaces ID numbers be the same for player portraits? Thanks KC for your perseverance and persistence ...

See the first post as I've merged both threads

Thanks Bro, great work ... I hope guys who work on player portraits like us who work on cyberfaces projects will use these Global ID numbers ... I expect some of them to re-upload player portraits when we finally have the 2020 roster. And we who work on cyberfaces projects will upload our cyberfaces after the final 2020 roster is released. Regards to everyone who strives to make a great and perfect MOD….

Archived