Installing Total Conversion confusion

Hi folks, I posted the other day on another thread about difficulties getting uniform mods to show up in the game.  I didn't solve that problem, so I decided to uninstall and try a fresh install.  On the one before I was using the MVP 15 Total Conversion mod which was great except that the uniforms wouldn't update and I think some parts of the mod didn't work because after installing a box came up with several .dat files listed that it said couldn't be opened, such as roster.dat.

I saw some posts that say to install MVP 12 before MVP 15 for best results on a fresh install.  So I installed the official 5 EA patches, then MVP 12.  It looked like it processed just fine, and after installing I didn't even see the log of files that it couldn't open.  However, when I ran the game it was still the factory version and after looking in the folder I could see that none of the files had a new modified date.  I decided to then just try MVP 15 again over another clean install, but now that is not taking effect when I run the game either.  I am using a no-cd crack only because I do own and still have the original game from 2005, but it is at my mom's house.  I had the cd image backed up several years ago before I moved out of the house, so that is what I am running.  However, the game works fine, it just won't let me do the MVP 15 (or 12) even though it just did a couple days ago.  What could I be missing?  If you need any proof that I own the game check out on my profile that I have been a member on here since 2005.  I'd love to start playing again with close to accurate rosters now that there is no live baseball right now.

Thanks for the link.  I'll check it out.  I totally get not trusting me.  I'll have to try it with the actual discs in a few days if these tips don't work.  I was just hoping to not make her dig it out of my old room, but I might have to try.  

4 minutes ago, HaloChillie said:

Thanks for the link.  I'll check it out.  I totally get not trusting me.  I'll have to try it with the actual discs in a few days if these tips don't work.  I was just hoping to not make her dig it out of my old room, but I might have to try.  

Wait a minute, you read that wrong. I didn't say that I didn't trust you. I don't know you enough to say that. I did say that the pirated game has been around a long time. What I will say is that there's been many people who have come in here with a downloaded copy. More than you can imagine. I won't assume and include you in with that group for no reason.

It's all good, man!  I have seen a lot of the people who try to pretend they have a real copy then get caught in their lies, so that's very true.  However, I do swear I have it!  Thanks for explaining yourself, you seem a lot nicer than most Yankee fans I've encountered over the years 😉 

5 minutes ago, HaloChillie said:

It's all good, man!  I have seen a lot of the people who try to pretend they have a real copy then get caught in their lies, so that's very true.  However, I do swear I have it!  Thanks for explaining yourself, you seem a lot nicer than most Yankee fans I've encountered over the years 😉 

That's because I yell at those SOB's more than Yankee haters do. That no good Judge would still be out of the lineup if the season was going on and Stanton would have found a new way to get hurt for four months by now.

6 minutes ago, HaloChillie said:

Haha, same thing with my Angels!  They will always find a way for 4 out of 5 starting pitchers to be on the DL.  I wish we had a season to complain about though!

We will, I am sure of that.

Now if you follow the instructions for the multiple mod installation you should be all set.

Archived