1988 Mod Detroit Tigers Home Game Crash

yount19

Hopefully someone comes across this post (this forum hasn't been visited since 2019)...

I've had this mod on two different computers now and anytime I try to play a home game with the Detroit Tigers the game loads about half way on the meter and then crashes to the desktop... Again, this only happens when trying to play a HOME game with Detroit. I am able to play a road game with them...

What Jim said can help narrow down the problem because it may be a cyberface issue but you can also do this. I checked the size of Tiger Stadium (tigrnite.big) in the 1988 and 1984 mod and this is what I found.

1988: 3.37 mb
1984: 4.44 mb

1988’s Tiger Stadium also crashes on me so I decided to be a smart guy and copy the 1984 Tiger Stadium in the 1988 mod to see if it works. In theory it works but when I did it the copied 1984 stadium also crashed in the 1988 mod and that made me realize two things. First I am back to the drawing board and secondly I don’t know what I’m talking about.

5 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Have you tried multiple Tigers’ pitchers and multiple opponents?

Thanks for responding...

I have tried multiple opponents and Detroit pitchers... I have been playing the 88' mod without playing games at Tiger Stadium which I can deal with but it would be nice to be able to play games at Tiger Stadium...

I also play the 84' mod and there are no issues with playing games at Tiger Stadium...

6 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

What Jim said can help narrow down the problem because it may be a cyberface issue but you can also do this. I checked the size of Tiger Stadium (tigrnite.big) in the 1988 and 1984 mod and this is what I found.

1988: 3.37 mb
1984: 4.44 mb

1988’s Tiger Stadium also crashes on me so I decided to be a smart guy and copy the 1984 Tiger Stadium in the 1988 mod to see if it works. In theory it works but when I did it the copied 1984 stadium also crashed in the 1988 mod and that made me realize two things. First I am back to the drawing board and secondly I don’t know what I’m talking about.

LOL!!! I tried the same thing and got the same results....

13 minutes ago, yount19 said:

Thanks for responding...

I have tried multiple opponents and Detroit pitchers... I have been playing the 88' mod without playing games at Tiger Stadium which I can deal with but it would be nice to be able to play games at Tiger Stadium...

I also play the 84' mod and there are no issues with playing games at Tiger Stadium...

LOL!!! I tried the same thing and got the same results....

@Jim825 @Yankee4Life do you guys think it could be the datafile? I'm probably spit balling here but usually for certain stadiums to work (especially if they've been customized), the datafile goes hand in hand with the stadium as it affects how the game shows camera angles and presentations

Hey guys,

Try this.  Copy the included Comerica Park/Tiger Stadiums (day & night) to your data/stadiums folder and overwrite the existing files.  Also, copy the datafile.txt files to your /data folder as well.  I was able to play a game in Tiger Stadium with no problem.  If this doesn't work, Kccitystar is correct in that it could be related to your main datafile that you are using in the specific mod.  Good luck.

Tiger Stadium 1988.zip

53 minutes ago, dennisjames71 said:

Hey guys,

Try this.  Copy the included Comerica Park/Tiger Stadiums (day & night) to your data/stadiums folder and overwrite the existing files.  Also, copy the datafile.txt files to your /data folder as well.  I was able to play a game in Tiger Stadium with no problem.  If this doesn't work, Kccitystar is correct in that it could be related to your main datafile that you are using in the specific mod.  Good luck.

Tiger Stadium 1988.zip 5.83 MB · 2 downloads

...Tried this and it still crashed...

Thanks for the idea though

That's really strange.  The problem could be rooted in the main datafile.BIG file.  With pretty much all of my mods; I will use the same datafile.big file for consistency with the sliders/difficulty and then will use the individual datafile.txt files for the stadiums placed in the /data folder.  What you might want to try is to copy the datafile.BIG file from TC 1984 (where you guys have confirmed Tiger stadium works) and paste it into TC 1988's datafile folder (backup the original however) and see if that works.

16 minutes ago, dennisjames71 said:

That's really strange.  The problem could be rooted in the main datafile.BIG file.  With pretty much all of my mods; I will use the same datafile.big file for consistency with the sliders/difficulty and then will use the individual datafile.txt files for the stadiums placed in the /data folder.  What you might want to try is to copy the datafile.BIG file from TC 1984 (where you guys have confirmed Tiger stadium works) and paste it into TC 1988's datafile folder (backup the original however) and see if that works.

...I tried this too and unfortunately, 'no dice'...

23 minutes ago, dennisjames71 said:

Tebjr made this mod but unfortunately he has not been here in quite some time so we can not ask him what he did and no patch has been released for this mod.

I have been working with and playing the 1988 mod quite a bit and just recently performed a default install and can confirm that Tiger Stadium crashes day / night. Attempted all jerseys, combos, different stadiums, day and night.  Still crashes. If I find out why I'll be sure to report back.

11 minutes ago, thumstyx said:

I have been working with and playing the 1988 mod quite a bit and just recently performed a default install and can confirm that Tiger Stadium crashes day / night. Attempted all jerseys, combos, different stadiums, day and night.  Still crashes. If I find out why I'll be sure to report back.

Thanks... I will do the same if I figure out a remedy...

Archived