Question from the past

Muller_11

In this time that I have been here in MVP Mods site I have seen great mods and stuff made by great veteran modders and even newbie surprises and believe me I have been impressed.

My favorite section which is "Total Conversion Mods"  got me impressed the first time that i see with those classic and modern mods 

Again, BIG THANK YOU for those Mods :)

My question is why after the success of the 08 season mod did it take so long to return until the 2012 season?

Why didn't continue forward after mod 08? doing 09,10 and 11 Mod. ¿Why that inactivity time?

17 minutes ago, Muller_11 said:

My question is why after the success of the 08 season mod did it take so long to return until the 2012 season?

Why didn't continue forward after mod 08? doing 09,10 and 11 Mod. ¿Why that inactivity time?

Simple. Lack of interest in doing the work to make a mod for those years. If you scroll through the forums you will find that there were plans for a '09 mod. I volunteered to find photos for that mod and I got around six hundred of them for it. It turns out I wasted my time because the interest slowly died. When you do not have someone like Kraw or Kyleb leading the way people drop out quickly. That is what happened during those three years.

3 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Simple. Lack of interest in doing the work to make a mod for those years. If you scroll through the forums you will find that there were plans for a '09 mod. I volunteered to find photos for that mod and I got around six hundred of them for it. It turns out I wasted my time because the interest slowly died. When you do not have someone like Kraw or Kyleb leading the way people drop out quickly. That is what happened during those three years.

Also hory :(

51 minutes ago, Muller_11 said:

In this time that I have been here in MVP Mods site I have seen great mods and stuff made by great veteran modders and even newbie surprises and believe me I have been impressed.

My favorite section which is "Total Conversion Mods"  got me impressed the first time that i see with those classic and modern mods 

Again, BIG THANK YOU for those Mods :)

Best answer I can give you is that a lot of people moved on from MVP. To support the game 3 years after it was released was a big deal, but to keep doing that every year *for free* wasn't something a lot of people were interested in doing.

30 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

This, basically. MVP would have been 4 years old by the time an 09 mod would have been possible. Also, MLB 2K9 was released the same year, which brought in new members to our site and gave us another game outside of MVP that we could support.

4 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

Best answer I can give you is that a lot of people moved on from MVP. To support the game 3 years after it was released was a big deal, but to keep doing that every year *for free* wasn't something a lot of people were interested in doing.

Oh right, forget that in these times donations were requested on this site

2 hours ago, Muller_11 said:

Also hory :(

No, you can't include Hory in this. He made the 1994 mod all by himself and he spent eighteen months working on it. He did an outstanding job. The '08 mod and the Mvp '12 and 13 mod were collaborations from many people. And while I am at it the 2014 and 2015 mods were lead by Kyleb too. These mods were created because of a group of modders working together.

2 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

This, basically. MVP would have been 4 years old by the time an 09 mod would have been possible. Also, MLB 2K9 was released the same year, which brought in new members to our site and gave us another game outside of MVP that we could support.

Considering how bad 2k9 turned out to be a Mvp 2009 would have blown it away.

7 hours ago, Muller_11 said:

Wow, eighteen months working it's a lot of work

It took OTBJoel 3 years to complete the Legends from the Booth audio mod for MVP2005. 

It’s taken me 13 years to get through 150 games in my Total Classics 1978 dynasty!  Of course if I played more than one game every 6 months, I might get through it sooner. :lol:

Archived