Yankees minors W.I.P.

MarkB

As of...about 40 minutes ago, I'm working on a full set of Yankees minor leaguers. All levels, all major players. No fakes. I'm starting off just creating the players names and information, then I'll start on batting ratings and pitch types and ratings etc. The first step is getting all the correct players on the rosters.

So despair not, Yankees fans! I'm hoping it doesn't take too long, but I'll probably release an alpha/beta version before the end of the week.

I'll post updates here as well.

Note: I'm only doing Yankees minors. And as something to watch out for when I release a first version, please make sure than Dioner Navarro and Brad Halsey are not on the rosters. I can't seem to get my brain to adapt to the fact they aren't with the Yankees any more.

No, I'm not kidding. Honestly. That's the scary part. :?

MarkB,

I am just about finished with an entire list of the Yankee's farm system from 2004 with all high draft picks included on them. The list includes all profile info (height, weight,...) with the numbering system that Hory had suggested. If you like I will e-mail a list of it so that you may add any relevant info to it to save you time.

BGYANKS

I'll be using the ProspectsPlus.com site to list the top prospects, so the following players will have "Top prospect" rating:

#1 - Eric Duncan - 3B

#2 - Melky Cabrera - CF

#3 - Steven White - SP

#4 - Robinson Cano - 2B

#5 - Marcos Vechionacci

#6 - Phil Hughes - SP

#7 - Tyler Clippard - SP

#8 - Christian Garcia - SP

#9 - Jesse Hoover - SP/CP

#10 - Chein-Ming Wang - SP

#11 - Eric Abreu - SP

#12 - Rudy Guillen - RF

#13 - Abel Gomez - P

#14 - Jonathan Poterson - C

#15 - Jason Jones - SP

The guys from 1-3 will have "Super" star power, 3-10 will have "Lots" and 10-15 will have "Average".

Feel free to give suggestions etc.

Does anyone have a PinstripesPlus.com account?

You should get together with llcmac and hypnoxxx, they are working a complete set and need help with alot of team's minor league rosters (nobody is working on the yankees). You can find them here...

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...opic&t=5874

YANKS WILL DOMNIATE IN 2005!!!

Well, when it's done, I'll be posting it as an MVP Edit roster, so if they want, they can import the teams from that.

A question for everybody interested:

Would you prefer to have an authentic roster for the Tampa Yankees, or would you like the best players from all levels of A ball?

For example, would you rather have the complete (Or as complete as possible) and correct roster for the Tampa Yankees in the game, or would you want me to take the best prospects from Tampa Yankees, Battle Creek Yankees, Staten Island Yankees and the GCL Yankees and put them in the Tampa roster?

Mark B --

John Sickels, a great minors analyst, grades the following 31 Yankees prospects in his new book:

(Note: all prospects below C (that is, the rest of the Yankee farm system) are considered D/F types or career minor leaguers unlikely to break the bigs. A players are likely to become solid ML starters or stars. Players in the B range have a good chance at cracking ML starting lineups or being reserves, while players in the C range are kind of on the bubble in terms of whether they'll ever make it out of the minors)

Eric Duncan (3b) B+

Phil Hughes (RHP) B

Marcis Vechionacci (2b-SS) B

Melky Cabrera (OF) B-

Robinson Cano (2b) B-

Chien-Ming Wang (RHP) B-

Steven White (RHP) B-

Eric Abreu (RHP) C+

Erold Andrus (OF) C+

Colter Bean (RHP) C+

Tyler Clippard (RHP) C+

Christian Garcia (RHP) C+

Abel Gomez (LHP) C+

Jesse Hoover (RHP) C+

Bronson Sardinha (OF-3B) C+

Brett Smith (RHP) C+

T.J. Beam (RHP) C

Matt DeSalvo (RHP) C

Alex Graman (LHP) C

Rudy Guillen (OF) C

Este Harris (OF) C

Sean Henn (LHP) C

Jason Jones (RHP) C

Ben Julianel (LHP) C

Jeff Marquez (RHP) C

Maximo Nelson (RHP) C

Andy Phillips (1b) C

Ramon Ramirez (RHP) C

John Rodriguez (OF) C

Jason Stephens (RHP) C

OK, I've decided on a plan of action.

The Yankees are done. Totally. That wasn't hard, seeing that the patch pretty much got everything right.

The Clippers are 50% done. If getting the names, height, weight, batting and throwing arms, positions, numbers and birthdays is 50% and getting the stats done is the other 50%, then that's about right. I've filled all the places on the Clippers roster, although the stats are only done for those of them who appeared in the patch. The lineups and rotation are at various stages of completion.

The Thunder are about 10% done. I've got about 10 guys filled on the roster, with all stats etc. to be done.

The Tampa Yankees are about 25-30% done. I've got about 15 guys filled on the roster, but the stats etc. are still to be done. I might have to prune a couple of the starting pitchers though or else there will be 15 pitchers and only 7 positional players!

I've decided that I'll complete this, as scheduled, as a beta version, so when complete, this will be version 0.90. I will wait until a week or 2 into the regular season to get the correct lineup that Joe Torre is using (Mainly with reference to Jason Giambi), then I'll release a final version. This means that between the time 0.90 is released and the final version is ready, I can work out any issues that you guys present.

I'll be releasing the roster as an exported team(s) from MVP Edit, so when you download it, all you have to do is import the team(s) into your roster, then export it from MVP Edit and it should be ready to go!

That sound OK to you guys?

I'll be using the ProspectsPlus.com site to list the top prospects, so the following players will have "Top prospect" rating:

#1 - Eric Duncan - 3B

#2 - Melky Cabrera - CF

#3 - Steven White - SP

#4 - Robinson Cano - 2B

#5 - Marcos Vechionacci

#6 - Phil Hughes - SP

#7 - Tyler Clippard - SP

#8 - Christian Garcia - SP

#9 - Jesse Hoover - SP/CP

#10 - Chein-Ming Wang - SP

#11 - Eric Abreu - SP

#12 - Rudy Guillen - RF

#13 - Abel Gomez - P

#14 - Jonathan Poterson - C

#15 - Jason Jones - SP

The guys from 1-3 will have "Super" star power, 3-10 will have "Lots" and 10-15 will have "Average".

Feel free to give suggestions etc.

Does anyone have a PinstripesPlus.com account?

I know it's your favorite team, but the Yankees don't have a "super" prospect. eric duncan is as close as they have, and he's almost there by default.

To answer a couple of you:

bidhiball - That's fine with me, as long as you give me credit for the work on the Yankees system. Just download it when it's posted and you can import it into your roster.

mvpmodder07 - I could release it as an MVP '05 roster file if you want, but you would then be unable to make any changes to it via MVP Edit. You would have to edit them in-game.

Jpup - come to think of it, you're probably at least semi-right. I'll have a think about it later on and adjust it.

Now, an update:

All the players are in. I'm working on the stats now. I'm having a look at all the players on the Major League roster as well and I'm editing them as necessary. For example: everyone known Ruben Sierra is a good low fastball hitter, although EA's hot & cold zones show only 2 of a possible 6 lower squares as hot zones and 3 are cold. Anything that seems wrong, I'll be changing. Jason Giambi's hot & cold zone seems affected by his bad 2004 season, and it looks like EA have over-compensated just a little. Things like this I'll be working on now.

After the hitting and pitching stats are done, I'll be working on appearances, which will probably be the longest section of it.

Anyway, that's all for now. :)

I know it's your favorite team, but the Yankees don't have a "super" prospect. eric duncan is as close as they have, and he's almost there by default.

But the Super/Lots refers to the player's ceiling, although i have to say that Poterson, Vechionacci, Duncan, and Garcia certainly have higher ceilings than guys like White and Cano who project as starters but not all-star ceilings.

Also for Jpup, its unfair to not say that there are no "super" prospects in the Yankee organization considering that the way that most Prospect-rating sites rank the prospects (with very little emphasis to players in low A)

While doing some testing earlier, I noticed that when you set the Top Prospect option to yes in MVP Edit, it gives the player a logo on the player page that says "Baseball America top 100 prospect". Since only Eric Duncan gets this status according to Baseball America (Wrongly, in my opinion, but who am I to disagree), only he will be getting this status. I'll still be using the Star Power to represent players, though. I'll probably give Eric Duncan, Marcos Vechionacci and Melky Cabrera the superstar status, while the others in the top 10 get lots. I'll be doing some more research tomorrow, and I might figure differently then.

For now, my left eye is starting to close and get blurred vision, telling me I'm tired. It's 4.47am here. Bah, who needs sleep? There's work to be done!

/MarkBTheYankee passes out.

Great work. I can't wait to start up!

Cano, Duncan, Wang, Hughes, Abreu etc. This is going to be great.

Now I wasn't sure if I read this right or not but... other people creating minors would be able to upload your set into theirs? If they edit anything, it would have to be in game?

If this is the case, great! I like the Yankee prospects, but I also want other teams to have theirs. There are only so many Smallenbergs I guy can stand. :wink:

Not quite. Depending on the demand, I'll definitely be releasing it as an exported team(s) for MVP Edit, so when you download it, you just fire up MVP Edit, import the rosters, (At this stage, if you want to have a look through the rosters and maybe make any changes or whatever, you can do it in MVP Edit) export the files and run the game. Voila, the players will be there.

However, if there is enough demand for it, I'll save you the work and export them myself, but if you download this version then you would have to make any further changes in-game.

All the guys you mentioned are in this set. :D

BTW, an update for everyone - I've not slept. I tried earlier, but I put a CD on to fall asleep to and it didn't work, so now I'm tired and have a tune or 2 in my head. That means, however, that I'll be working on the rosters some more. I'm doing that and eating just now, but I'm onto the pitching section of the Clippers.

Jorge de Paula, here I come.

OK, mainly as a time-saver, I'm globally editing all the pitchers in AAA, AA and A to have the following:

Contact vs. L - 15

Contact vs. R - 15

Power vs. L - 5

Power vs. R - 5

Ground ball % - 90

Fly ball % - 5

Line drive % - 5

Home run % - 0

Batting stance - Generic

Chase, take and miss ratings - 6

Speed - 40

Plate discipline - 80

Bunting - 90

Just saves some time and means I don't have to screw around with the batting ratings when they'll hardly ever be used.

If anyone knows of any exceptions, please post them. I'm pretty sure I saw a scouting report for at least 1 of the pitchers that said he was a converted outfielder, so obviously I'll edit them based on that.

EDIT - Ramon Ramirez is one of the guys who is a converted outfielder.

I don't think it's unfair at all to say that the Yankees don't have a super-prospect. They simply don't, by ceiling or by projection.

Here's something to keep in mind. I just read an interesting analysis on another site of the top prospect lists from '99/'00. One of the interesting conclusions was that of the 40 top rated prospects in baseball (according to Baseball Prospectus, but the same holds true for Baseball America so you have both sides of the performance/talent argument covered) only about 50% establish themselves as successful major-leaguers and only about 25% become impact players. That's of the top 40 prospects in ALL OF BASEBALL, not one team. So basically, if you gather the very best prospect from each team, only about half of those will be successful in the majors. So it follows that the Yankees, who have a very empty farm system, certainly don't have many superstars in the making if any at all.

Soriano was/is good, but not quite a superstar. Williams was great for us, as was Pettitte & Posada. These players would be 3-4 stars.

I think the only true superstars we've brought up is Mariano & Jeter. Many disagree with Jeter so they join the crusades against him. Mainly because he wears the stripes, and is "over paid." But for what he brings to the team, the field, and how he handles himself makes him a 5 star in my book.

Yankees may not have any Kazmirs or McPhersons in their system, but they do have some good players who will eventually wear the stripes. Cano and Wang seem set, if we hang on to Duncan, he's another.

There wont be a Pujols in the box, or Prior on the mound. But there will be solid everday players. Remember with the Yankees... what the farm cant produce, the check book buys. :wink:

Archived