Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
HalfricanWSox24

Installation Problems: Windows XP

Hey fellas,

I have been trying to figure out how to install MVP 2005 (with proper discs) for a couple of years now. Cleaned an old Windows Vista Dell, couldn't install the game. Now I bought an old Windows XP Dell computer, completely wiped clean with nothing else on it, and am getting the same installation error. I install the first disk it works fine, and then install the second disk and get to 65% and get the same error message every time, which reads,

"A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'E:\data\stadium\aa01nite.big' from the media

Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?

I clicked retry continuously until it read 100% installation in the XP, but the game still does not finish downloading to the computer. It gets to 100% and just does nothing, with the error message still showing up. Does anyone know how to get past this error? Is it a directory issue from initial download?

Any advice and guidance is much appreciated. I have tried on multiple computers and OS so I know it has to be something I am not doing correctly upon installation.

I really appreciate any insight guys,

Happy playoffs. 

Hope not. It was a pricey copy. Could that be it? I mean the disk looks like it is in great shape. No scratches or anything. Hate to buy a second copy to have same thing happen. 

Thanks for the insight. 

4 minutes ago, HalfricanWSox24 said:

Hope not. It was a pricey copy. Could that be it? I mean the disk looks like it is in great shape. No scratches or anything. Hate to buy a second copy to have same thing happen. 

Thanks for the insight. 

Well, it sounds like it because from what I am gathering from your post is that it will install on disk two all the way up to a certain point and then that's that. How this can be fixed is something I don't know how to do.

Yeah, I wiped the disc clean, it looks like it is in perfect shape. Maybe I purchased a bad copy. If no one else has had this problem, maybe it is the disc. I will need to look for another copy, if there are no other solutions.

Thanks for trying to help.