Installation Problems: Windows XP

HalfricanWSox24

Sounds good. Yes I may have to re-install because I do not think it is possible to install a second copy of the game with the discs with the game already on the system. The installer for the mods is actually easy to use, just a matter of getting the MVP application to work with the mods for me now. If I can make a second installation, I will follow the exact instructions on the multiple mods thread you have and see if it works that way. 

Thanks again for the help. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HalfricanWSox24 said:

Sounds good. Yes I may have to re-install because I do not think it is possible to install a second copy of the game with the discs with the game already on the system. The installer for the mods is actually easy to use, just a matter of getting the MVP application to work with the mods for me now. If I can make a second installation, I will follow the exact instructions on the multiple mods thread you have and see if it works that way. 

Thanks again for the help. 

We have told you multiple times that you don’t install multiple copies of the game with the discs!

You open Windows Explorer and make a COPY of the ENTIRE MVP Baseball 2005 folder. When you install the mod, you direct it to install into the folder that contains the copy of the game. 

It is all very simple and straightforward. I don’t know how much more we can do to help here. 

Here's on last suggestion -- After you create a 2nd copy of the game and BEFORE you install the mod, try running the 2nd copy of the game.  It should run the same as your original copy.  If it doesn't run and crashes, then that tells you that the  mod is not causing your 2nd copy of the game to crash.  It's something about that 2nd copy.

7 hours ago, Jim825 said:

We have told you multiple times that you don’t install multiple copies of the game with the discs!

You open Windows Explorer and make a COPY of the ENTIRE MVP Baseball 2005 folder. When you install the mod, you direct it to install into the folder that contains the copy of the game. 

It is all very simple and straightforward. I don’t know how much more we can do to help here. 

I understand that. I am just confused because the game keeps crashing when I try and make the copy of the game. I may need to reinstall. 

So I finally figured it out. I was just not properly copying the mod into the clean MVP folder properly. I got the 76 mod up and running. Have not played the actual game yet, but got the game loaded, and looked at the rosters and portraits. Great work! Game looks awesome! Thank you for you all your help. 

I know I do have more questions regarding integrating different rosters, and players from different mods into a single mod, but I am hoping there are threads for that already.

Thanks again for the patience and helping me with the game. I am very appreciative of your communication and advice. Looking forward to utilizing the forum, and donating now that I know how to get these mods loaded. 

3 hours ago, HalfricanWSox24 said:

So I finally figured it out. I was just not properly copying the mod into the clean MVP folder properly. I got the 76 mod up and running. Have not played the actual game yet, but got the game loaded, and looked at the rosters and portraits. Great work! Game looks awesome! Thank you for you all your help. 

I'm glad you liked the mod. Now do the exact same thing when you are going to install another one.

3 hours ago, HalfricanWSox24 said:

I know I do have more questions regarding integrating different rosters, and players from different mods into a single mod, but I am hoping there are threads for that already.

Exactly what are you talking about here? If you want to use players from different eras you can download Total Classics Phase 10. In that mod you can pay the 1961 Yankees against the 1949 Dodgers for example. There are 120 different teams to choose from. Total Classics is a baseball lover's dream.

6 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

I'm glad you liked the mod. Now do the exact same thing when you are going to install another one.

Exactly what are you talking about here? If you want to use players from different eras you can download Total Classics Phase 10. In that mod you can pay the 1961 Yankees against the 1949 Dodgers for example. There are 120 different teams to choose from. Total Classics is a baseball lover's dream.

Ok great I will definitely need to check that mod out. Thanks for the heads up.

I am specifically talking about trying to integrate different players from different era teams into one mod.

So let's say I downloaded 2021 rosters, but I also wanted to use other rosters from other mods or classic teams, is that possible? For example, if I wanted to create an all Yankees team, and have Judge from the current Yankees, but get Bernie Williams and Jeter on the same roster from classic teams. 

Is that possible? Is there a way to integrate different rosters into same season mod to have a pool of players from different generations on the same roster? 

I was also able to successfully download the MVP 15 mod fine now as well. If I wanted to add the 2021 rosters to it is it just extracting the roster file to the MVP directory?

Thanks in advance.

I am excited to get a couple of franchises going. 

Trust me you will love that mod.

I am specifically talking about trying to integrate different players from different era teams into one mod.

So let's say I downloaded 2021 rosters, but I also wanted to use other rosters from other mods or classic teams, is that possible? For example, if I wanted to create an all Yankees team, and have Judge from the current Yankees, but get Bernie Williams and Jeter on the same roster from classic teams. 

Is that possible? Is there a way to integrate different rosters into same season mod to have a pool of players from different generations on the same roster? 

You can only use one roster at a time.

Sure you can create an all-Yankee team and put Judge on the same team as Jeter and Williams and even Dimaggio and Gehrig but you need to do a hell of a lot of work with Mvp Edit because you need to overwrite a team, place those players in it along with their cyberfaces and I am very sure there are so many steps I have unintentionally left out. You had such a hard time following the simple steps of just creating a copy of Mvp 2005 that doing this will be very, very difficult.

I was also able to successfully download the MVP 15 mod fine now as well. If I wanted to add the 2021 rosters to it is it just extracting the roster file to the MVP directory?

Thanks in advance.

No and no and no. Read the directions that come with the roster. You do not just extract the roster to the Mvp roster directory and go on with your day. You need to manually delete the 19 .DAT files in the roster database. If not then you bought yourself problems.

You want a couple of franchises going? You need multiple installs.

Good luck.

Thanks in advance.

What you are asking can be BUT there is a lot of work involved, because you have to modify multiple files using multiple tools. For each player you want to move, you would need to pull in the the following:

- Player info from the roster files

- Player portrait from the portraits file

- Player cyberface from the models file

- Player audio from the audios file

Working on each of these files requires  a different tool.  So while it can be done, it would take quite a while, especially if you have never done this before since you also have to learn the tools, which files contain the data you want to move, etc.

As for your second question, if you simply drop the 2021 roster files onto MVP15, the game will crash pretty quickly because the 2021 rosters will reference cyberfaces that are not in the MVP15 models.big file.

After installing the 2021 roster files, you would need to open them in the MVPEdit roster editor, determine which faces are missing, download all of the faces you need (one at a time since “collections” of faces do not exist) and then install them. 

Many player audios and portraits would also be incorrect.  Unlike missing cyberfaces,  however, missing or incorrect portraits or audios don’t  cause the game to crash. 

So again, what you want to do CAN be done but it’s not something you will get done in a few minutes or hours.  

12 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Trust me you will love that mod.

You can only use one roster at a time.

Sure you can create an all-Yankee team and put Judge on the same team as Jeter and Williams and even Dimaggio and Gehrig but you need to do a hell of a lot of work with Mvp Edit because you need to overwrite a team, place those players in it along with their cyberfaces and I am very sure there are so many steps I have unintentionally left out. You had such a hard time following the simple steps of just creating a copy of Mvp 2005 that doing this will be very, very difficult.

No and no and no. Read the directions that come with the roster. You do not just extract the roster to the Mvp roster directory and go on with your day. You need to manually delete the 19 .DAT files in the roster database. If not then you bought yourself problems.

You want a couple of franchises going? You need multiple installs.

Good luck.

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. I would not even attempt to build the rosters with MVP edit haha. No way.

Ok I will look at directions when seeking the rosters I am looking to use. Do you know if anyone made a good 2020 complete conversion mod for MVP yet? I do not think I saw one when searching last night, but maybe I missed it.

As for the all time, integrated rosters that I am seeking, is it possible I could request that in the modding section?

Is the team of unbelievable modders here usually pretty willing to do requests? 

If someone was willing to do the roster breakdowns I was looking for, I would definitely donate or pay them for their work. 

Thanks again. 

Check the Total Conversion Mods section in the MVP Downloads area for newer season mods. I have not used any of them so I can’t comment on how good they are.  My interest is older seasons and my modding time is spent on Total Classics mods. 

As for your All Time rosters, you can make a request but I wouldn’t expect a response. MVP2005 is a 16 year old game and you can probably count the number of active modders  of the game on two hands.  Plus, All Time teams can be very subjective and contentious.

For example, you might want Bernie Williams playing centerfield for the Yankees, while I would counter with Joe DiMaggio or Mickey Mantle.  There was a discussion here years ago about this subject when the idea of creating All Time rosters was proposed.  

7 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Check the Total Conversion Mods section in the MVP Downloads area for newer season mods. I have not used any of them so I can’t comment on how good they are.  My interest is older seasons and my modding time is spent on Total Classics mods. 

There is one for the 2020 season Jim. The guy who made it never hosted it here.

8 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

For example, you might want Bernie Williams playing centerfield for the Yankees, while I would counter with Joe DiMaggio or Mickey Mantle.  There was a discussion here years ago about this subject when the idea of creating All Time rosters was proposed.  

Homer was working on this years ago.

3 hours ago, Jim825 said:

What you are asking can be BUT there is a lot of work involved, because you have to modify multiple files using multiple tools. For each player you want to move, you would need to pull in the the following:

Working on each of these files requires  a different tool.  So while it can be done, it would take quite a while, especially if you have never done this before since you also have to learn the tools, which files contain the data you want to move, etc.

As for your second question, if you simply drop the 2021 roster files onto MVP15, the game will crash pretty quickly because the 2021 rosters will reference cyberfaces that are not in the MVP15 models.big file.

After installing the 2021 roster files, you would need to open them in the MVPEdit roster editor, determine which faces are missing, download all of the faces you need (one at a time since “collections” of faces do not exist) and then install them. 

Many player audios and portraits would also be incorrect.  Unlike missing cyberfaces,  however, missing or incorrect portraits or audios don’t  cause the game to crash. 

So again, what you want to do CAN be done but it’s not something you will get done in a few minutes or hours.  

Thanks for this.

So to integrate 2021 roster files for MVP 15 that I found made by Gordo, I would need to delete all of the .dat files first before extracting them into the game? I actually looked and could not find the .dat files in the modded version folder. Maybe I will ask the question over on the actual mod and keep searching for those files first. I would just like to play a current season first before I move onto to other ventures, and maybe some of the classic mods as well. 

I really would love to learn how to use all of the tools needed to make all of those All Time rosters if it has not been done yet, but that will obviously take a lot of time and learning. 

The .dat files are in the data\database subfolder. Go to the folder where you created the copy of the game and then look for the data\database subfolder. 

As I said, if you just replace the .dat files, the game will crash if you haven’t installed newer cyberfaces. 

On 3/5/2021 at 6:19 PM, Jim825 said:

The .dat files are in the data\database subfolder. Go to the folder where you created the copy of the game and then look for the data\database subfolder. 

As I said, if you just replace the .dat files, the game will crash if you haven’t installed newer cyberfaces. 

So I have to learn how to use the tool for cyberfaces to download and integrate any of the roster updates into my mods?

Are there specific tutorials on downloading the tools needed for this?

I seriously might consider learning all of the tools to make my all-time rosters. I know it will take hours upon hours, but might be worth it for me to get a dynasty/franchise the way I want to. 

On 3/5/2021 at 1:18 PM, Jim825 said:

Are there current tutorials on how to do everything for the rosters including, portraits, cyberfaces, etc.? Thanks in advance. 

39 minutes ago, HalfricanWSox24 said:

Are there current tutorials on how to do everything for the rosters including, portraits, cyberfaces, etc.? Thanks in advance. 

Go to the Mvp baseball 2005 download area and look for a sub forum called tutorials. You can do your own search there.

Archived