1987 Mets Road Uniform request for 1987 Total Classics Mod

Savoy Special

Good morning all, 

I am writing to see if any of the uniform gurus on MVP Mods would be interested in doing me a huge favor...........As I continue working on the 1987 Total Classics Mod, there is only ONE uniform that we don't have...........That would be the road uniform of the 1987 New York Mets. 

As you can see below in the pic of Keith Hernandez, for one season the Mets went away from the "Mets" cursive across its road gray uniforms and replaced it with cursive "New York." In 1988, they went to the block lettering, all-caps "NEW YORK" that they had throughout the late '80s and into the early '90s. 

This is the ONLY uniform we need to have all the uniforms for 1987 Total Classic Mods era-specific. Thanks to tebjr's 1988 Total Classics Mod, all the other teams have their correct uniforms from the 1987 season. This is the only one we need! Huge thanks to anyone out there for helping us out on this one! Have a great rest of the week! 

mets-87.jpg

4 hours ago, BallFour said:

I found the file in UMachines' Mets 2005 update that he did way back in the day. The file is attached here and will replace the default "retro road" uniform in the Mets set.

u028h.fsh 339.48 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you!!! This is what happens when you take the time and search our downloads section. Much appreciated.

7 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Thank you!!! This is what happens when you take the time and search our downloads section. Much appreciated.

In all fairness, even I might not have found the file given that it was released 15 years ago and had the title Mets Uniform Pack 2005. 

Wouldn’t it have been better to commend him on his efforts to create another Total Classsics mod rather than criticize him for not finding a 15 year old file? :unknw:

6 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Wouldn’t it have been better to commend him on his efforts to create another Total Classsics mod rather than criticize him for not finding a 15 year old file? :unknw:

I commend anyone who makes a TC mod because I know this is not an easy task to do.

Eh, it's no big deal, really. I was going to create the uniform myself if worse came to worse. But I just searched "Mets uniforms" in the files directory and in the description for the 2005 Mets uniforms, 1987 popped up when I did a Ctrl+F. So thank my sheer laziness more than anything else. 😛

4 hours ago, no ball four said:

excuse for my ignorance..haven't mod the game for awhile but where do you put the file in the game?  looking in the game for a uniform file and can't find it...i'm growing too old I guess.

Hey there my Evil Twin.  :D

You put that file into the models.big file that can be found in your MVP Baseball 2005\data folder. The new uniform won't show up on the uniform select screen, but will be correct in the game.

Archived